Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

For my first hookah...is this good?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 28th, 2007, 04:56 AM
empire88
Hookah Newbie

Default For my first hookah...is this good?

http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...roductid=16429

found that while shopping around...and it's $30 with like a good starter kit.

thanks
-empire
Old December 28th, 2007, 05:57 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: For my first hookah...is this good?

Its a decent starter, but remember you do get what you pay for.
So if you can afford to give a little extra it tends to go along way. Maybe go for something a little bigger, the longer the stem easier it will be to keep from getting a harsh smoke. But its really on prefrence, I prefer a larger hookah compared to a smaller one (i.e. Mya QT).
The Mya Acryllics are great starters, they are a friggen tank so they can be bumped and fumbled without too much fear. Some people might disagree, but mine was a $60 Acyrillic and its lasted me for about almost 2 years now.
Also, do some research browse around the fourms maybe in the reviews section, and see what people are saying about different hookahs. Its could just save you from wasting 30 bucks that could of gone towards a better pipe.
Deuces.

/root
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:36 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Fur's right, if you can swing it, go for something either alittle longer (bigger) or a better known "small" hookah like some of the smaller MYA's or 22" Egyptians.

It looks alright, but at 13" it may be harder to control the quaility of the smoke. And I can see it being prone to tipping either w/ the included hose or ANY other larger/longer hose.

If you can spare 50-60, you can get much more Hookah for your buck. Good Luck!
Old December 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Actually...that hookah is terrible.

They sent me one as a free gift for ordering one of the large hookahs.

It is too small to smoke for one, for two....the quality is terrible... it had multiple leaks.

That little guy is meant for sitting on a shelf and looking at....not for smoking.
Old December 28th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

that thing is no different than the Junior hookahs. I had one for 3 days and promptly replaced it. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but just warning you that the frustrations are bound to come with that hookah.

Billy
Old December 28th, 2007, 01:00 PM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

like a few others have said. Spend a little extra cash and get a better hookah. You really get what you pay for when purchasing a hookah.
Old December 29th, 2007, 12:32 AM
mr weenis
Hookah Nut

i would just reccommend a larger hookah. i smoked out of a tiny one once and it was easily the worst hookah smoke i ever had
Old December 29th, 2007, 12:42 AM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

Yes larger is definitely better. IMO
Old December 29th, 2007, 02:51 AM
empire88
Hookah Newbie

So a mya qt is my best bet?
Old December 29th, 2007, 02:56 AM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire88
So a mya qt is my best bet?
I heard mya QT's are an excelent hookah
Old December 29th, 2007, 03:32 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

mya's are ok hookahs, syrian hookahs are good, egyptians are good as well. Try to do some research, see what you like and we'll let you know if someone has any experience with it?
Also check the review section on some decent hookah's to buy.

Good luck.'

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:45 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

MYA QT's are good IF you need to stay small, but your best bet is a larger hookah, bwt the 22"-28" range. Many Syrians and Egyptians are within this range, and long term (for the buck) will probably produce MUCH better results than the 13" one you are looking at. If you can swing it and really want a MYA, go with a taller one (but expect to pay for it unless getting an Acrylic).

As many here in your thread stated - shop around, read & research, check out the reviews. Unless you 100% need one tomorrow, take your time. You'll be happier in the long run.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:21 AM
empire88
Hookah Newbie

I chose to get a pumpkin locally to tide me over untill my 19" that i ordered online came in.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Read reviews about MYA QTs, personally I am not a fan of them, but that is just my opinion. Keep your pumpkin nice and clean between smokes, you can always sell it to one of your friends after your 19" comes in.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire88
http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...roductid=16429

found that while shopping around...and it's $30 with like a good starter kit.

thanks
-empire
Given that the rig looks very small, was very cheap and having heard a lot of bad stuff about the quality of sahara smoke narghiles i'd bet it was poor choice. Frankly, I don't think you can get a decent rig for $30. In my experience you'd have to spend at least $50 to get something worth having. It makes no sense trying to save money on a narghile as you'll easily spend a couple of hundred on shisha and coals within a year so you may as well get something that will give you many years of good service.

I'd recommend Syrians from Furat or J & R or a KM or MZ if you prefer Egyptians. I'd also suggest you stay away from Mya and other Chinese stuff.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
taucjan87
Hookah Newbie

It looks good.
My first one was $45 and it's actually great quality. A very good hookah.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

This was my first hookah
It cost me $50 and has been good to me. I also got it from saharasmoke.com
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I replaced my Junior after 3 days for a Mya QT, it lasted 2 months and was replaced by a KM. You just cant buy cheap stuff and think it will do the job, you will eventually upgrade it sooner rather than later. A crappy smoke is frustrating, spend a few dollars and get yourself a nice rig man.

Billy
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:19 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

It amazes me that people do not use this forum to their ADVANTAGE. There are several vendor reviews and product reviews. Use them to your advantage, we are here to help you and we can steer you in the right direction. That hookah sucks, lets not beat around the bush. That site, has some VERY NICE hookahs for not much more. It just takes knowledge as to what to know what to buy and what to look for..until you gain that knowledge, ask people here who know it all already 8)
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:35 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahETC
It amazes me that people do not use this forum to their ADVANTAGE. There are several vendor reviews and product reviews. Use them to your advantage, we are here to help you and we can steer you in the right direction. That hookah sucks, lets not beat around the bush. That site, has some VERY NICE hookahs for not much more. It just takes knowledge as to what to know what to buy and what to look for..until you gain that knowledge, ask people here who know it all already 8)
THANK YOU!!! I couldn't have said it better myself... I think it's a little common sense to research a product before buying it. Yet some people don't seem to have any of it (not poitning fingers at anyone, just saying). I don't buy something unless I research it to the fullest extent to make sure that what I'm buying is what I need/want and that I'll be satisfied with it for it's intended use. But w/e, you live and you learn right? People learn the best way through their own mistakes and not through the advise/mistakes of others...
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

You would think people would do research.

When on the market for a car...how long do you shop around before you buy? Like what, 2 weeks? A house...2 months? The same should go into a Hookah. Maybe not Months, but atleast a week. There is alot of stuff to read on these 2 forums. Some information may not be beneficial to you, but for the most part, it's gonna help you decide several things:

1) Where to Buy
2) What to Buy
3) What to smoke
4) How to smoke
5) How to set up
6) Everything in between. You cant really ask for much more than that, lol.
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

ALot of people usually want there piece to be very Aesthetically pleasing and don't go with an Egyptian for this reason. They see them as boring, and not well made, and all around dull to look at and smoke.

Personally, i love Elegance. That's why i chose a JandR Syrian. I mean, full Brass Construction (that you can also get nickel-plated), Elaborate etching/carving designs on the stem, beautiful paint on the vases... It's a no-brainer.

i love Syrian rigs, they are my all around favorite. But i think smoke quality is solely based on th smoker (unless you are using a Chinese aluminum-cored shit-machine).
Old January 9th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I concur fully with ZS on this one. While I like my Syrians the most (well as much as my prized custom built Turkish rig) I must admit that the better Egyptians can give as good a session and be as durable.
Old January 9th, 2008, 11:15 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Basically the main problem i have with KM is their downstem construction. i'm just gonna say it, it's so shoddy!

Its a crappy metal, that cannot by any means be considered "Stainless". They are almost ALWAYS bent or dented from shipping. There are many cases of jagged jutting metal pieces inside the downstem itself that propose an injury hazard (from experience...). They rust in a heartbeat.

If the downstems were made of Brass, i would love KM's.
Old January 10th, 2008, 11:18 PM
freepain
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to freepain

Go with a mya qt for your first it smokes like a little champ and will give you the experience to get a larger hookah plus let you know if you wanna drop the cash for a bigger one
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook