Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

busted....

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 7th, 2009, 06:19 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to SynysterBuzz
Default busted....

ok so my father didn't know that i smoke hookah or anything and i wasn't gonna tell him because one time he mentioned it and he said is was "blasphemous" cause of the hindu or whoever came up with it and their religion/culture or whatever.

but he just asked me if i did it and i told him yeah...
he asked why, about the buzz and all that, warned me about nicotine and all that cause he's a smoker.
he just couldn't understand why i smoked it.
then i asked if he tried it.
he of course told me know, he knows nothing about it.
he said "well go grab your hookah pipe and let's blaze up some hookah!"
i've never been so embarrassed you guys.
but i will take him up on that haha.
just thought i should share.
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:25 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle
Default Re: busted....

pretty much exactly how my parents reacted. except they didn't want to smoke, they just were relieved that i wasn't smoking cigarettes or anything else...
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:38 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

yeah it's gonna be hard trying to explain that it's not as harmful as ciggs, or atleast it's not worse.
ill just see where it goes from here.
he's just curious he wants to see it in action.
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

Cool, I'd be pretty excited if my dad told me to get my hookah and fire her up.

He'd see/smell when I used to smoke cigars, he'd question me but still ask for a drag lol, he even just took over the cigar a few times and told me to go light another one.

Not too bad since he found out I was started smoking cigars at 19yrs old.
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

yeah but those are probably worse than hookah.
im guessing with the way my dad is he's gonna pull some ridiculous reasoning out of thin air like he usually does.
he's gonna question the whole setup and then the crazy amounts of smoke compared to his ciggs.
Old November 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
hookahstore
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterBuzz View Post
yeah but those are probably worse than hookah.
im guessing with the way my dad is he's gonna pull some ridiculous reasoning out of thin air like he usually does.
he's gonna question the whole setup and then the crazy amounts of smoke compared to his ciggs.
Have him blow a puff of smoke through a napkin using a cig and then blow a cloud of smoke through one with your hookah. He'll see that there was really no residue left from the hookah

I just recently had my first session with my mom. She seemed to like it.
Good luck!
Old November 7th, 2009, 07:19 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

that's good advice.
but also he'll just find a way around it haha.
he's just so stubborn!
but also there isn't any tar in hookah.
there aren't poisons.
just good 'ol tobacco
Old November 7th, 2009, 08:54 AM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FreshSesh

lol great stuff. exactly how my mom reacted as well. I just told her straight up I had gotten a hookah and at first she was like, "wow this is alot more inconvienient than cigs" but now that I've shown her how to have a real session she definitely appreciates it alot more.
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterBuzz View Post
that's good advice.
but also he'll just find a way around it haha.
he's just so stubborn!
but also there isn't any tar in hookah.
there aren't poisons.
just good 'ol tobacco

Don't assume there is nothing hazardous about smoking tobacco from a hookah. Smoking is bad for your health regardless of the process. Hookah has never been proven to be without toxicity. It is bad for you. No question about that.
Old November 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FreshSesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Don't assume there is nothing hazardous about smoking tobacco from a hookah. Smoking is bad for your health regardless of the process. Hookah has never been proven to be without toxicity. It is bad for you. No question about that.
Agreed. No matter what you do it through you are still filling your lungs with smoke
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:40 PM
MonkeyFresh
Hookah Newbie

Yea my parents knew I smoked hookah too but I didn't tell them I was smoking in my room (it's upstairs and you can't tell at all from any other part of the house)
My dad was fine with it... he even bought some beers for a few friends of mine and I while we were smoking my first hookah in the back yard a few months ago. He understood how it was with hookah because he was a smoker himself when he was younger (he actually was stationed in the middle east, he's a nurse and my family is from the Philippines, its hard to get a nursing job within the country so you must do what you have to do, but I bet he smoked some hubbly bubbly in his time haha)
My mom however... is adamantly against it...she threatened to lock me out when i was about to smoke my hookah with my friends in the backyard one time...
But my parents finally caught on about me smoking upstairs and my mom confiscated all my shisha and coals (coconaras) plus my single coil burner
My dad was more mad at the fact that I could have potentially burnt the house down but yea my mom threw a fit... she told me she wasnt gonna throw anything away after like a 20 minute argument
It makes me so mad though... I'm 20 years old and she doesn't let me make these kinds of choices... I know its bad, but its really my only bad habit... I dont drink (often) I dont do drugs because I was raised better than that and know better, I eat healthy/exercise so its really my only bad habit
im so frustrated with my situation
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:46 PM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

it all started in high school, with my mom letting my friends and i smoke (as long as we were outside). Then, one day she took a puff and tasted the amazing flavors of nakhla. She liked it, but would never admit to it (like most moms would react).

My dad on the other hand refuses to smoke "that flavored crap", so i think im planning on buying some natural flavors to introduce him to. any suggestions?
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Hookah is blasphemous because the Hindus created it!

You learn something new everyday.
Old November 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Agree
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:36 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

Quote:
alright, i didn't say it wasn't hazardous, i said there wasn't any tar, like in ciggs. COMPLETELY different than what you said, i didn't assume anything. i read the label. simple as that.

also ciggs contain other poisons like arsenic, cyannide, etc. to keep you addicted and for god knows the other reasons, aside from the tobacco being unwashed and smoked by being burned.

i would definitely say hookah is atleast not WORSE not saying it's better.
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:40 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh View Post
Yea my parents knew I smoked hookah too but I didn't tell them I was smoking in my room (it's upstairs and you can't tell at all from any other part of the house)
My dad was fine with it... he even bought some beers for a few friends of mine and I while we were smoking my first hookah in the back yard a few months ago. He understood how it was with hookah because he was a smoker himself when he was younger (he actually was stationed in the middle east, he's a nurse and my family is from the Philippines, its hard to get a nursing job within the country so you must do what you have to do, but I bet he smoked some hubbly bubbly in his time haha)
My mom however... is adamantly against it...she threatened to lock me out when i was about to smoke my hookah with my friends in the backyard one time...
But my parents finally caught on about me smoking upstairs and my mom confiscated all my shisha and coals (coconaras) plus my single coil burner
My dad was more mad at the fact that I could have potentially burnt the house down but yea my mom threw a fit... she told me she wasnt gonna throw anything away after like a 20 minute argument
It makes me so mad though... I'm 20 years old and she doesn't let me make these kinds of choices... I know its bad, but its really my only bad habit... I dont drink (often) I dont do drugs because I was raised better than that and know better, I eat healthy/exercise so its really my only bad habit
im so frustrated with my situation

and to be quite honest if you stay active along with the smoking, even ciggs won't do much damage to you. my dad has smoked most of his life, he's 47/8 i can't remember but his lungs are amazing, he had a physical and even the doctors were like "WTF" hahaha.
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:42 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Hookah is blasphemous because the Hindus created it!

You learn something new everyday.

was that sarcasm?
well, i have no idea if they created he just says that.
but he says they smoke it for religious reasons and that since we don't do it for religion like they do then it's blaspheming pretty much...not true at all. but then again he didn't even bring that up last night. he showed to know nothing about hookah like i said. i didn't even go into detail i simply said "nicotine content is much lower, isn't as bad for you as you think it is"
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:38 AM
SK Exotics
Hookah Newbie

Nice to see it worked out.

The other day i had my hookah sitting right on my desk. When i went downstairs my dad yelled at me for taking the entire gallon of arizona iced tea to my room.

So i guess he saw the tea but not the pipe with a hose right next to it. LOL!
Old November 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Lonelyboy
Hookah Nut

hmm just wanna point out that there is a pretty normal dangerous thing about hookah (because we usually have very long sessions) and that is the CO intake and that can get you CO poisoning....when i have read the forums here and took it up it seems CO poisioning is very usual when smoking hookah....so if you wanna be a serious smoker check up CO poisioning....
it isnt that dangerous if you smoke with care and responsibility....

ohh...and CO poising doesnt matter what kind of tobaco you have...its the burning of organic matter that makes CO come out in the smoke...

(sorry if i am tireing people about this matter but i have strong feeling for this subject)

happy smoking

(by the way i aint a doctor, so just take this as a tip )
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:04 AM
MonkeyFresh
Hookah Newbie

Ugh just found out my mom threw out all my shisha (2 Kg of stuff AF and Romman...) and coals plus my single coil burner... this is fucken bullshit, she lied to me saying she wouldn't throw it out and now i find out its in a dump somewhere... what a waste of my time and money... the fact she is commanding me to quit and forcibly doing so is just ridiculous... At this point in my life I make these decisions for myself, I feel like I'm 17 by the way she is treating my smoking hookah... whatever I just ordered some Nakhla Mizo, AF Golden, and Tangiers from Hookah John, I might have to buy a lock for my room and maybe even a damn chest/padlock for my stuff... so sad I have to be paranoid in my own damn house
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh View Post
so sad I have to be paranoid in my parents damn house
fixed for truth

Old November 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yeah sorry that was sarcasm. It would make sense if you were Muslim I suppose.
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:04 PM
SK Exotics
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
fixed for Lulz
Fixed for truth

Last edited by SK Exotics; November 8th, 2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old November 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM
MonkeyFresh
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
fixed for truth
No you are right, they do own it but its still my home and to be paranoid in your house is a terrible feeling...
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:03 PM
ataneja
Hookah Newbie

hah, I had my parents smoke with me because my dad was concerned I did some illegal drugs out of it. After I explained I use only tobacco, he was OK with it...not happy, but OK..
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook