Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

starbuzz and tonic

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 30th, 2007, 08:36 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default starbuzz and tonic

I spoke to a local vendor from the mid;east and he told me SB and tonic are made at the same facility in Jordan and packaged and shipped to the U.S. I was under the impression SB was domestic and tonic was european. Any thoughts?
Old December 30th, 2007, 08:38 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog
Default Re: starbuzz and tonic

Hmmmm...Interesting. I thought the same thing.
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

I had a "local" vendor of middle eastern origin tell me that Layalina and Starbuzz were the same thing.

Old December 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

I know for a fact that starbuzz is made in so.cal
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:06 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmaddog
this seems to contradict your previous post. what changed?
Old December 30th, 2007, 11:10 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmaddog
this seems to contradict your previous post. what changed?
I had talked to a few vendors and found out for myself
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:01 AM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

i work for starbuzz and yeah starbuzz is made in the USA. tonic on the other had is imported like the other brands.
if thats any help.
Old December 31st, 2007, 05:34 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

I believe it. I think he was just trying to convince me that tonic was as good as SB. Little did he know I'm not a big fan of either.
The tonic can clearly states " made in HKJ"(Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan).
Old December 31st, 2007, 05:40 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

I always thought that Starbuzz was made in Virginia and distributed by the location in so. cal. it says it on their site
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:18 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

hmm! yet another twist in this "shisha saga"!(say that 5 times fast)
Old January 1st, 2008, 05:08 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

SB is from California and frankly I don't like it as everything i've had from that brand was too candy like and artificial tasting in my opinion. I've never tried Tonic so I can't say. I will say that in the end what sort of rig you rig you use and well you set up your rig is what matters the most. Clear your narghile very carefully every time you use it.
Old January 1st, 2008, 09:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It seems I may have been wrong. According to a long club member friend he understands that Tonic, Star Buzz and Sky Buzz are all made in Jordan at the same factory with the same flavourings and that SB is only packaged in the US when it's supposed to be sold here. It is my understanding that anyone with enough money can place an order with any of the bigger shisha factories and have a private label slapped on it while the actual product could be the same as a better known brand or a custom made product. I don't know this for sure but it seems plausible and frankly it wouldn't seem that shocking as it costs a lot to whip up a factory and buy the raw materials for shisha in bulk. I do know that plenty of super high end cigars make inexpensive nock-offs that differ only in packaging so...
Old January 1st, 2008, 10:26 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

starbuzz is made in jordan, packaged in cali.. that is where they get away with calling it made in the usa

anyways..

starbuzz and tonic aren't affiliated in any way, they are not made in the same factory. tasqueem makes tonic and the owner came to the other forum to explain that they are independent from other companies
Old January 1st, 2008, 11:08 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
It seems I may have been wrong. According to a long club member friend he understands that Tonic, Star Buzz and Sky Buzz are all made in Jordan at the same factory with the same flavourings and that SB is only packaged in the US when it's supposed to be sold here. It is my understanding that anyone with enough money can place an order with any of the bigger shisha factories and have a private label slapped on it while the actual product could be the same as a better known brand or a custom made product. I don't know this for sure but it seems plausible and frankly it wouldn't seem that shocking as it costs a lot to whip up a factory and buy the raw materials for shisha in bulk. I do know that plenty of super high end cigars make inexpensive nock-offs that differ only in packaging so...
this is exactly what I was told.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:28 AM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

wow you guys are trippin' lol wow thats all i have to say...

look if starbuzz was made in Jordan as which you all claim then why is that actual factory that i work for and over see the product being made and from A to Z isn't enough to convince you all... i have a question for you all... do you know how many flavor company's there are in the world? not that many. let me put something into prospective for you all. any one that says tonic, starbuzz and skybuzz are the same you are dead wrong. do you think as a company we don't try out the other flavors. come on.... we smoke bowls of bowls of bowls of tobacco a day to get flavors just right for production. so how is it that when a new flavor is about to be released i have the horrid job of testing it out... see how is it possible for me to test out a flavor every single F**k'n day with it being made in "Jordan". impossible when i actually see it being made before my eyes.

Like everything in life there is going to be some one to revolutionize the market some how and it was starbuzz back in 2003. it took them 3 years to copy it... but as a company, and you will hear it from me. Bilal Sherif (and call me if you want F it heres my cell (714) 232 6607) it is going to be a big year for STARBUZZ TOBACCO

new things are on the way... and who ever is getting a magazine in the mail will get a clue of what is coming.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahpimp
wow you guys are trippin' lol wow thats all i have to say...

look if starbuzz was made in Jordan as which you all claim then why is that actual factory that i work for and over see the product being made and from A to Z isn't enough to convince you all... i have a question for you all... do you know how many flavor company's there are in the world? not that many. let me put something into prospective for you all. any one that says tonic, starbuzz and skybuzz are the same you are dead wrong. do you think as a company we don't try out the other flavors. come on.... we smoke bowls of bowls of bowls of tobacco a day to get flavors just right for production. so how is it that when a new flavor is about to be released i have the horrid job of testing it out... see how is it possible for me to test out a flavor every single F**k'n day with it being made in "Jordan". impossible when i actually see it being made before my eyes.

Like everything in life there is going to be some one to revolutionize the market some how and it was starbuzz back in 2003. it took them 3 years to copy it... but as a company, and you will hear it from me. Bilal Sherif (and call me if you want F it heres my cell (714) 232 6607) it is going to be a big year for STARBUZZ TOBACCO

new things are on the way... and who ever is getting a magazine in the mail will get a clue of what is coming.
cool, sounds exciting... I put myself down for a mag but haven't recieved one yet...are they being sent out already? And it seems that you know a lot about Starbuzz, do you know then where Starbuzz is actually made? (I'm just curious)
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yes, I can't wait to see the magazine!!!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

mag should be out this month because there would have been no reason to release it at the end of last year.

starbuzz is made in the usa. one of its factories is basically right next to bilal's place, you can walk over to it in a couple of minutes. i know there is a huge discussion on this over at hf (sorry samb) but people over there talk and thats just it. they have NO clue how the brands are made even with all their wisdom and they just hear really rumors how its made. they hear the rumors a couple times from different people who dont say its a rumor and by hearing it from other people they believe it to be true (this holds up with most any rumor). take everything with a grain of salt. unless they have actual proof which is not just another person but actual physical proof or until you see it in person where you are in a factory in another country with people packing the jars and putting on the starbuzz stickers which are the real deal. only other thing you can believe is what is told to you by people who work for the company.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
mag should be out this month because there would have been no reason to release it at the end of last year.

starbuzz is made in the usa. one of its factories is basically right next to bilal's place, you can walk over to it in a couple of minutes. i know there is a huge discussion on this over at hf (sorry samb) but people over there talk and thats just it. they have NO clue how the brands are made even with all their wisdom and they just hear really rumors how its made. they hear the rumors a couple times from different people who dont say its a rumor and by hearing it from other people they believe it to be true (this holds up with most any rumor). take everything with a grain of salt. unless they have actual proof which is not just another person but actual physical proof or until you see it in person where you are in a factory in another country with people packing the jars and putting on the starbuzz stickers which are the real deal. only other thing you can believe is what is told to you by people who work for the company.
And is there anyone around here that works for the company? He/she should put this debate to rest and say where it's made. In what state is "bilal's place". Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really curious as to which state starbuzz is made, it's my favorite brand...
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:00 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

In what state is "bilal's place"?

southern california. anaheim/fullerton area where i live.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

Pimp Your Hookah
1895 West Commonwealth Ave Suit A
Fullerton, CA 92833

Starbuzz Tobacco
1889 West Commonwealth Ave Suit A
Fullerton, Ca 92833
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

this a discussion., not an arguement. No need to get angry Bilal.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

I'm not angry at all. im truly sorry if it came out like that. i hope no one got offended from what i wrote i was just trying to clear rumors flying around the net. i understand that this is a discussions but whats a discussion with out true fact about a company that i work for ( where i am actually typing this response LOL). i spoke with the owner and he instructed me to say that when we move at the end of the month we will be giving tours of the factory for who ever would like to stop by.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:08 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahpimp
I'm not angry at all. im truly sorry if it came out like that. i hope no one got offended from what i wrote i was just trying to clear rumors flying around the net. i understand that this is a discussions but whats a discussion with out true fact about a company that i work for ( where i am actually typing this response LOL). i spoke with the owner and he instructed me to say that when we move at the end of the month we will be giving tours of the factory for who ever would like to stop by.
I didn't know you worked for them...that's cool. Thanks for the clear up. That factory tour sounds cool too. If I ever go there for vacation I will definetly stop by. I've always wanted to go through a shisha company tour and see how they make it and stuff. I've even thought about maybe getting in contact with the tv show How Things Are Made, and see if they'd like to air an episode showing how shisha is made. I'm not sure if they'll accept though since it consists of tobacco...
Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:54 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

im soooo there, i can finally see the factory i have been waiting to see. what date would it be around (watch me take the time off work for it ha)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook