Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Know-it-alls (that really dont know crap!!)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 7th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Mutter
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah Know-it-alls (that really dont know crap!!)

So last night i went over to my cousins house to smoke some hookah and watch movies. I start setting up the hookah, and this thing looks like it hasnt been cleaned ever. I didnt even bother trying to clean it as it would have needed a good 24 hr soaking, but i did put fresh water in the base and washed out the bowl. This is where the drama begins. My cousin, for some unknown reason, didnt let me pack the bowl right. she made me pack it really tight, clogging the holes in the bowl. Then she insisted i use the screen instead of foil because apparently its "better". I pulled out some coconaras and said "brb im gonna go light these on the stove" she replies "I have these coals that you can light with a lighter and theyre better" At this point, ive given myself about 5 facepalms.

It doesnt stop there. Her hookah is a 3 hose with no autoseal. She refused to plug her hose when i took a hit. It was all around awful. The smoke (what little smoke there was) was really harsh and taste bad.Then after we're done smoking (i stopped early cause it was gross) she tells me that shes had that shisha for over 2 years.

When my hookah comes in the mail, i plan on giving her the best hookah session of her life. maybe itll get her to realize why i wanted to set it up the way i did.

So, Hookahpro, share your horror stories with hookah know-it-alls, i know im not the only one that runs into these people!
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:46 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Hookah Know-it-alls (that really dont know crap!!)

I don't share!
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

a bunch of friends and I went to an electronica show in NYC. around 3am when the show got out we went to someones apartment in brooklyn and I see a hookah(MYA bambino) sitting there. I ask if we can smoke it. so, the hostess goes and grabs a 250 of nakhla peach. sounds good so far. I then watch her pile the tobacco into the bowl like you would expect for an overpack method. then she gets a piece of aluminum foil and proceeds to poke holes in it with a ball point pen. then she put the foil over the bowl like a hot air balloon. grabs a 40mm QL, lights it on the balcony, puts it in the middle of the bowl, balancing it on the "balloon". I was so out of it for various reasons I didn't even bother to ask her what she was doing. guess I found it comical at the time lol. I took about 3 hits of decent smoke because it hadn't burned yet then pass it along to watch everyone else hack their brains out. was an interesting night

Old November 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Know it alls who dont know anything are in every hobby in every country. I usually refer to them as "assholes."
Old November 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FreshSesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
Know it alls who dont know anything are in every hobby in every country. I usually refer to them as "assholes."
amen, rofl.
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:20 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shienhausser View Post
Haha.

That's just a bad story Mutter, I don't even know what to say to that. You'll look back on it and laugh your ass of if I had to bet, heheheh.
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:25 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to SynysterBuzz

i actually dont have a story like this, everyone just trusts me.
i only had a bad sesh at a hookah bar up in seattle cause they over packed the bowl and then laid the coal right in the middle...
the coal isn't a big deal but overpacking anything but nakhla is pretty much a no go.
it was the harshest session of my life.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook