Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

CO POISIONING!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Default CO POISIONING!

Now after feeling terrible for the last three months and doing nothing different and not smoking more or less than the last 6 months before that and seeing over $600 dollars worth of co payments for doctors to rule out ever thing from RA to Lyme disease I have FOUND my own cure, and that cure is to stay away from ******* hookah coals, it was the only thing that I had changed 3 months ago. I used to smoke 3 Kings 5 hours a day with no problem. Now after switching to ******* hookah and smoking the same amount of time with the same tobacco I have been poisoned severely. No one is to blame but myself although it is terrible to have CO Poisoning and dont wish it upon anyone. It makes you feel lethargic, tired, pain, headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fuzzy/double vision, and sometimes even vomiting. I switched to my Belgian 40mm naturals and I am already starting to feel better. Still have a little doublevision and still feel a little tired although my hammering headache is gone which is a good sign, we'll see how the next weeks treat me.

PS. Thanks Lonelyboy, if it wasn't for your preaching about the touchy subject I would have never been able to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Thanks again.
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:57 AM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FreshSesh
Default Re: CO POISIONING!

Hope this switch really helps for you, that poisoning sounds aweful. Get better soon man!
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Ive still been working, its like a nagging sickness, not a debilitating one. Feels like going to work with the flu for like the past 3 months. Not fun but could have been worse. Im getting better though, might take a while (few weeks or months) but I'm sure I'll get there. Just really thought I'd warn everyone that they should really take it easy with the ******* hookah coals, cause although every coal secretes CO, there are surefire differences in the amounts of CO thats secreted by each brand of coal. So long story short, if your a heavy hookah smoker (at or in access of 3 hours a day) then do yourself a favor and either cutback or change brands of coals if your using ******* hookah coals, I was using the Quicklights only because I hate the taste of the ******* hookah naturals (you can CLEARLY taste the coal and I don't care what anyone says) and the CO could be less with the natural. CO slowly binds up in your blood, this isn't somthing that 1 day you decide to smoke ******* hookah coals and then you become sick, it accumulates in your blood EXTREMELY slowly and after a month of poisioning your body it can take a couple of months to figure it out. The worst part is it takes longer to clean yourself up then it takes to poision yourself, because CO is soo binding to the blood it can take up to months or years for the oxygen to replace the CO again. Its terrible stuff guys.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:19 AM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Well we definitely appreciate the detailed warning, I'll definitely keep this on my mind. Like I said get well soon man.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Thanks Fresh, FYI congrats on the 100 posts and making it to hookah nut. Its exciting to rank up. lol
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:31 AM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Oh, lol thank you! I figured 100 posts meant something. Time to keep up the posting.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Yup. It feels kinda good. I made hookah nut late last week. I wonder when the next rank up comes?
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Your guess is as good as mine. 250? 500?
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Bogalu
Banned

I'm gonna guess 300. I think I've seen someone with a different rank at about that number. So we'll see.
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:01 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

you smoke for 5 hours a day, every day? maybe you need to cut back on smoking in general.

Old November 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Well not everyday, its more like 3-4 hours a day. Maybe more on weekends. Ya I could cut back but I get really bored without it. Its like everything I do, or watch on tv gets duller if I'm not smoking hookah while doin it. Its an embedded part of my lifestyle now.
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

I stay away from the quicklights too I get really sick
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Ya, I've already notice a pretty big difference with switching to the Belgian Naturals over ******* Hookah quicklights. Only problem is I have 3 and a half boxes of ******* Hookah quicklights I gotta get rid of. lol
Old November 9th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Thanks for the heads up
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Bogalu
Banned

No prob Ignited.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Try the ******* Hookah naturals, but I'd say the amount you are smoking could have a contribution to your sickness. But if those new coals are allowing you to enjoy your sessions then go for it.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Lonelyboy
Hookah Nut

as the others say it isnt only the coals that contribute to CO posioning....
i belive in your case as was in my own case our smoke sessions is far to long and intense....

the smoke that comes from the burned tobacoo should have some CO in it and if you sit for more then 90 mins in a row you will in most cases feel dizzyness or bad in one way or another (no matter what coals you have).

so try and keep to one bowl each time/day....
long breaks, good to go outside (to let your red bloodcapsules recover and replace the CO with oxygen, takes a while because the red bloodcapsules picks up CO easier then oxygen)
and as Hajo Flettner says dont go to intense...what ever way you prefer to smoke (for taste, rings or some other fun) take it slowly...dont breath down as deep as you can when smoking and dont hog it for to long when you are smoking.... and take a mini break after 30-40 mins for about 2-5 mins as hajoflatner said too (dont worry for the tobaco it will probably only give more taste if you have good heat management).

and as always it is very good to have a stable snack before and always have some water near (keep yourself hydrated).

and there is also good to get a reminder to yourself, so you take a "thinker" about how your smoking habits are..

glad the disscussion breaks loose a bit about this, beacuse CO poisioning can be very unhealth in the long run (in worst cases brain damage, and ******* headaches and yeah you get the picture) and in early stages pretty normal when smoking hookah, so this should be enlighted a bit more if you ask me...

and glad i could help you bogalu

happy smoking out there
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

hey I'm glad you figured it out and I'm glad you're doing ok now. That being said, you put up with that crap for 3 months?? and you never stopped smoking while u were sick? dude...

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Ya I take breaks and all that. I don't chain smoke it or anything. I honestly only take a hit every 30 seconds and usually have a couple minute break in between hits. I just do that for a really long time, or all day. Granted it could be from the tobacco but Ive been smoking like this for a couple years and the co poisoning started as soon as I changed to ******* hookah coals, the quicklights i mean. I would smoke the naturals but I can taste em and they taste horrible. I never had this problem when I was smoking with 3 kings and the problem is going away now that I switched the belgians, its gotta be the ******* hookah quicklights.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:46 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Are you lighting the coals in a well ventilated area? If its the coals I want to say that you have got to be lighting the coals in the same room you are smoking in.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmaven View Post
hey I'm glad you figured it out and I'm glad you're doing ok now. That being said, you put up with that crap for 3 months?? and you never stopped smoking while u were sick? dude...
Well I didn't know the smoking had anything to do with it, Shit bro I thought I got lyme disease from a tick bite. Its a silent killer that Carbon Oxide. Its delay affect on the body is what messed me up cause I didn't know it gave me problems untill it was too late. Seriously dude, noone could have figured it out faster than me.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippy View Post
Are you lighting the coals in a well ventilated area? If its the coals I want to say that you have got to be lighting the coals in the same room you are smoking in.
Most of the time I have a window open, I live on the 7th floor of a luxury highrise so theres really good airflow in the apartment. Sometimes I didn't open the window though. So I'm sure that contributed to the problem a bit too.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

A bit, that would contribute quite a LOT esp the ******* Hookah QL's things make quite a bit of smoke. Unless you let them stay in fireball mode which I doubt if you live in a luxury apartment.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Actually I do. I have a big butane torch that I use to light the whole coal all at once and I just keep the torch going even when it erupts in fireball mode. I light em over a cardboard box in the middle of the living room.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
Well I didn't know the smoking had anything to do with it, Shit bro I thought I got lyme disease from a tick bite. Its a silent killer that Carbon Oxide. Its delay affect on the body is what messed me up cause I didn't know it gave me problems untill it was too late. Seriously dude, noone could have figured it out faster than me.
Hey I'm not tryin to dog on you or anything I'm just saying that when you start getting sick (esp. pro-longed sick) you should probably lay off everything that's less-than-healthy for you (smoking, alochol, laps in the frozen lake), since your body needs all the help it can get to recover... but I'm glad ur better now.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook