Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

why does tangiers from the retailers cost so much more

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: why does tangiers from the retailers cost so much more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
I wasn't trying to imply any vendor on here was ripping people off. In fact I wasn't implying anything I said TO a vendor participating on this site. I mean that sites, I'm not going to name all of them, and I will stress there are a LOT of sites selling at this rate, for instance the Hookahcompany.com has tangiers at regular price at 17 bucks! Not to forget the beloved F-line at 19 for regular price. Now granted they might have it cheaper if they have a sale but those are there regular prices. That is a HEFTY profit. I especially wasn't implying anything to you hookah john, after all I've ordered quite a bit from you, including tangiers on 1 or 2 occasions, including the KM hookah which is beyond beautiful and I thank you for. But the point of this story was to make awareness of the ongoing issues with the prices that many sites like the hookah company are selling items like tangiers for. I really don't appreciate how everyone was bashing me but I suppose I was asking for it by not explaining myself more thoroughly. Hopefully people will stop bashing me now. lol
Sorry if i offended you in any way, but yeah what can normally consumers do that cant get hold of shisha straight from manufacturers, we just shop around and see who has it the cheapest after discount and buy it from them, they really aint much else we can do, unless we want to buy in wholesale quantity
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Bogalu
Banned

In addition I basically smoke like a chimney and keep a hookah lit all night when I get I work and cant burn through any more than 3 kilos a month. Maybe that will change now since I'm use the pyrex vortex and it holds quite a bit more tobacco but even then I might get up to 4 kilos a month. I don't know what it takes for a consumer to order to consider it a large quantity buy. Last month I bought 7 kilos and hope it will last me 2 months but for someone whos using it by himself and not selling it, that is a tremendous amount for me. And maybe to others on here, when you order that much, would you consider it to be a large buy? I'm just saying, doesn't someone who spends nearly 400 bucks every couple months deserve a slightly better discount than someone who buys 50 bucks worth of tobacco ever few months? Not to forget the coals too.
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:41 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

it really dont work like that. if you are looking for discounts you should use a site that lets you collect points then gives you a discount with the points. discount normally come with 10KG + orders

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

10+ KG orders? Yikes. thats a lot of tobacco.
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:48 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
In addition I basically smoke like a chimney and keep a hookah lit all night when I get I work and cant burn through any more than 3 kilos a month. Maybe that will change now since I'm use the pyrex vortex and it holds quite a bit more tobacco but even then I might get up to 4 kilos a month. I don't know what it takes for a consumer to order to consider it a large quantity buy. Last month I bought 7 kilos and hope it will last me 2 months but for someone whos using it by himself and not selling it, that is a tremendous amount for me. And maybe to others on here, when you order that much, would you consider it to be a large buy? I'm just saying, doesn't someone who spends nearly 400 bucks every couple months deserve a slightly better discount than someone who buys 50 bucks worth of tobacco ever few months? Not to forget the coals too.
I usually buy tones of shisha cos i have at least 2 hookahs going at the same time minimum and i use phunnels on them so its easily 60+grams of shisha gone in one session with friends and i always have new set of friends that come and smoke so i will have ppl round at least 4-5 times a week

and usually its more then 1 bowl as well, so i go through shisha like anything
Old November 9th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Only problem is, if your not running a hookah lounge out of your home, its hard to see you dig that deep into you pocket to put out for 10 kilos. I suppose if the discount was right, I would but damn. I'm too young to save money, I mean I usually buy tobacco every month or 2 and its usually 3-4 kilos at a time and if I run out early then I'll buy some through vendors like hookah john to hold me over before I buy a whole bunch more again. I cant save money, I keep spending it on crap like computers and cellphones, I mean shit, I just bought a 50" plasma 2 months ago and now I'm buy some badass surround sound system made for some company called Onkyo or something and thats gonna put me back like a G. I need to start saving money and I should be able to put together a 10 kilo order to a vender thats interested.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Onkyo is the best on the market bro. Good Choice.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:03 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply any vendor on here was ripping people off. In fact I wasn't implying anything I said TO a vendor participating on this site. I mean that sites, I'm not going to name all of them, and I will stress there are a LOT of sites selling at this rate, for instance the Hookahcompany.com has tangiers at regular price at 17 bucks! Not to forget the beloved F-line at 19 for regular price. Now granted they might have it cheaper if they have a sale but those are there regular prices. That is a HEFTY profit. I especially wasn't implying anything to you hookah john, after all I've ordered quite a bit from you, including tangiers on 1 or 2 occasions, including the KM hookah which is beyond beautiful and I thank you for. But the point of this story was to make awareness of the ongoing issues with the prices that many sites like the hookah company are selling items like tangiers for. I really don't appreciate how everyone was bashing me but I suppose I was asking for it by not explaining myself more thoroughly. Hopefully people will stop bashing me now. lol
Hookah Company does not sell products at what they list as the regular price. They always sell at what they list as our price, sale or not.

You point out Hookah Company specifically but say you were not including Hookah John when their pricing on Tangiers is very similar and has always been. This makes absolutely no sense to me except to redirect the finger pointing at a vendor that does not have a presence here on the boards. You also go on to say things about vendors who run their business from their home. Where do you think John runs his out of ever since he closed his retail location?

You can dislike Hookah Company's prices all you want. They sell more than enough to not notice you're not giving them your business because you think their profit margins are more than acceptable. Many vendors & lounges get their products from Hookah Company, including Eric himself. In fact, their relationship with Eric/Tangiers goes waaaay back.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:04 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
Onkyo is the best on the market bro. Good Choice.
Please tell me you are joking when you say this.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I think that the vendors have every right to charge what they do. They have to make a living and the provide a service. If you buy from a vendor you have a variety of tobacco. This is one part of what you're paying for with their service regardless of whether or not you use it. They ship which makes tobacco available to people who don't have it readily available locally. If you can drive to the Tangiers Lounge and pick it up at close to wholesale then you have a luxury. I live near an Middle Eastern Market and they have extremely good pricing, but I cannot buy any variety of tobacco there so I am more than willing to support vendors for making other tobaccos available to me.
Welcome to capitalism.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:37 PM
armenakadino
Hookah Newbie

was not expecting all these arguements and responses, when I meant double i didnt mean flavor I was talking about the phunnel bowls. Online it would have cost me 15 for a phunnel plus shipping would run me to 22 to 25 dollars. At tangiers I would have walked out with 3 phunnel bowls, im just saying I know they need to make profit im just saying how it sucks for us less product
Old November 10th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

I think I need to buy a 250g of Tangiers Nior and have it shipped overnight next day delivery, just because I don't care. Actually I do care very much and I pay what I do for my Tangiers because I believe I get what I pay for. I guess I could spend the $600 in gas for the round trip so that I could get the $8 store price. When you work my job Bogalu and earn my money to pay my bills etc etc, then I will worry about your issues with online vendors pricing.
Old November 10th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

People sure do get all defensive about their Taintgers. LOL 3 pages of bickering is just too much. Remember guys everyone is entitled to their opinions regardless of how left field they are. If you must continue your battle over how people should run a business, please keep it civil.
Old November 10th, 2009, 10:11 AM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
People sure do get all defensive about their Taintgers. LOL 3 pages of bickering is just too much. Remember guys everyone is entitled to their opinions regardless of how left field they are. If you must continue your battle over how people should run a business, please keep it civil.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but nobody is entitled to their own facts!
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
armenakadino
Hookah Newbie

trust me I was not expecting all this decided next time to keep my opinion to myself
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
annual
Hookah Nut

yes please do that.
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:44 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenakadino View Post
trust me I was not expecting all this decided next time to keep my opinion to myself
Why? This forum is for everyone to express their opinions and ideas etc. Just because we dont all agree about something (some tend to be more vocal or adamant) doesnt mean you cant have a voice.
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by annual View Post
yes please do that.

[FONT=Verdana]I don’t think these statements are right. You shouldn’t feel like you can’t share your opinion with the rest of HP. If you do, then IMO we as a group have failed miserably. This forum (I am not the creator or a mod) was created I am sure with the hopes of people exchanging thoughts, ideas, opinions, and solutions. Without them, all you are left with is the infamous What hookah should i buy, or Like my new hookah threads, and the HP forums would surely die. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I myself am sorry you feel that way about not sharing opinions. As well as apologize for the ignorance of others with statements of telling you to keep your opinion. I have read and kept up with this thread, and I don’t see (flaming) or anyone really knocking your opinion. What i do see, is a fairly intelligent thread with questions and answers to the best of peoples abilities and I feel that this is one of the more intelligent threads on this forum that i have seen so far. [/FONT]

Last edited by Hayter; November 10th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:18 PM
armenakadino
Hookah Newbie

alright but ill think about how to say it more humble next time btw for all the tangier fans dnt feel like starting a new thread for this should I acclimate the flavor idk if I should since san diego and la have similar weather
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I have a buddy that lives about an hour away from san diego. He never acclimates it and it smokes just fine. Lots of flavor and good smoke.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:13 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
Why? This forum is for everyone to express their opinions and ideas etc. Just because we dont all agree about something (some tend to be more vocal or adamant) doesnt mean you cant have a voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
[FONT=Verdana]I donít think these statements are right. You shouldnít feel like you canít share your opinion with the rest of HP. If you do, then IMO we as a group have failed miserably. This forum (I am not the creator or a mod) was created I am sure with the hopes of people exchanging thoughts, ideas, opinions, and solutions. Without them, all you are left with is the infamous What hookah should i buy, or Like my new hookah threads, and the HP forums would surely die. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I myself am sorry you feel that way about not sharing opinions. As well as apologize for the ignorance of others with statements of telling you to keep your opinion. I have read and kept up with this thread, and I donít see (flaming) or anyone really knocking your opinion. What i do see, is a fairly intelligent thread with questions and answers to the best of peoples abilities and I feel that this is one of the more intelligent threads on this forum that i have seen so far. [/FONT]
+1

We would be left with the "n00b" questions unless people like you feel like expressing they opinions, i really enjoyed reading this thread even tho i didnt agree with all of it, its good seeing everyones views
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
do you really blindly see this as a tangiers topic? its clearly a business 101 topic.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
do you really blindly see this as a tangiers topic? its clearly a business 101 topic.

+1

Yeah i really think this turned into a business and econ class. LMFAO.. I am anjoying reading it and putting my 2 cents in though.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
The topic is about Tangiers, not AF or any other brand. I know it hurts your feelings to have anyone say anything about Tangiers that isn't a glowing endorsement, but that's too bad.
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:00 PM
kingboyb
Banned

The great part of this forum is that it has allowed alot of us to become educated consumers when it comes to buying alot of hookah related products. This includes the use of promo or forum discount codes to get discounts when ordering online from these vendors. If anyone here is paying the full face value of tobacco as seen on any of these vendors website, send me a PM because I have a couple of bridges to sell you. For me, doing research and taking advantage of offers/coupons has always worked better at getting a good deal as opposed to wishing that things were cheaper.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook