Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Clarifications on Shisha tobacco ordered online for Canada

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 10th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Abyss_
Hookah Nut

Default Clarifications on Shisha tobacco ordered online for Canada

I've read a couple of post on the forum about the subject and some of the answers were contradictory or nobody seemed to know what was the real limit someone had to respect in order to not pay customs fees when they were ordering shisha tobacco. I decided today to call the CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency), which is the department that is regulating the import/export items for Canada and asked them the question.

The answer was that no matter how much tobacco you order online, even 50g, it is subject to customs fees. So therefore there is no minimal amount allowed. So, consider that next time you order because if you get caught, you will pay a lot of extras for a 30$usd order lets say.

The limit of 250g only applies if you travel to the US and then come back to Canada with some shisha tobacco and that it is for a 48 hours trip.

Hope it will help some of you in your future endeavors...
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Clarifications on Shisha tobacco ordered online for Canada

So, just as a question. I know that for me when going down to tiajuanna, i am only allowed to bring back a certin amount of stuff like food or tequilla. Although, there isnt anything against putting it into little compartments of your car to bring back more than that.

With that bieng said. Is the border check into canada pretty tough, and hard to get through with a ton of tobacco in your car hidden in different comaprtments? Do they search every car? It might be more of an advantage for you to drive to say washington or some other state and bring a bunch of it back. It might cost less than having to worry about paying the tax on it. Just a thought.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:44 PM
pcchung
Hookah Newbie

I just got back from a trip to san francisco, and I believe it is 200 grams allowed and its still subject to special duties.

Then again, I brought back 2 kilos no problem =D
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

very nice.. it can be done.. lol
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Abyss_
Hookah Nut

Anything can be done Hayter, as long as you don't get caught but if you do then depending on the quantities, you can have major fines, be detained or have your passport revoke so yeah you can smuggle a kilo of shisha tobacco no problem, as long as you don't get caught...
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:05 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

the subject of smuggling/hidden compartments etc. needs to stop, you are basically discussing illegal activities and its against the forum rules. cmon guys.

Last edited by BIGPOPPA; November 10th, 2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: clarification of subject, thank you Kishen
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Kishen
Hookah Nut

I dont think the discussion of customs law is really against the rules, maybe advertising that you plan on breaking the law by smuggling tobacco in is a different story, but other then that, can't see why this thread should be shut down
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook