Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

HH in a phunnel?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 15th, 2009, 12:29 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default HH in a phunnel?

Looked, but didn't find anything.

I picked up a 50g package of HH from my local shop. The margarita flavor enticed me. What can I say, I'm a sucker for interesting flavors.

Anyway, is there some particular way to pack it into a phunnel bowl? Or just go for it?
Old November 15th, 2009, 12:32 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default Re: HH in a phunnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
Looked, but didn't find anything.

I picked up a 50g package of HH from my local shop. The margarita flavor enticed me. What can I say, I'm a sucker for interesting flavors.

Anyway, is there some particular way to pack it into a phunnel bowl? Or just go for it?
Personally I'd say avoid HH to begin with...but that's just me.
Old November 15th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Dee
Hookah Pro

I haven't tried it myself but whenever I get to thinking about trying something like that, I just go for it! It's the best way to learn what does or does not work for you!

Only problem is a 50gr doesn't leave much room to experiment with a phunnel bowl.
Old November 15th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

HH has some good flavors, but I would suggest using a vortex if you have one. Phunnel works fine but expect a shorter session than usual, flavor and smoke quality will remain bueno. My only complaint with HH shisha is its way too fine of a cut so it burns out a lot faster and it is almost completely soaked in glycerin, giving it that nasty chemical smell. They say it has honey in it but if it does then its such a small amount that it doesnt even matter. =(
Old November 15th, 2009, 12:49 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

I wouldn't say HH is the best but it's still pretty good. If I had to guess I'd say funnel is your best bet; it burns easily in an Egyptian and is very juicy.
Old November 15th, 2009, 01:05 AM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

I usually use a vortex bowl for HH. (I smoke it often.) A phunnel bowl will work ok, but as Sui said, it's a bit shorter session. To pack it for a decent smoke in a phunnel, I find it works well to use the thumb and forefinger sprinkle in method, then to lightly pat the top down even so that it doesn't go over the top of the spire. That prevents foil stickage and airway blocking.
Old November 15th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodrifter View Post
HookaH HookaH is hands down the worst shisha I've ever smoked... horrid flavors, burns easier than paper, and last about 20 minutes if you're lucky no matter how you pack it.
Oh and they obviously use low quality cigarette tobacco

Haha, I almost completely agree with you...actually thinking back I do agree with you. I have only bought 300g of HH since I started smoking personally and I must say its on the bottom of my list. I won't go as far to say they are the worst evar, but I'd say the lack of quality is a steep price for the variety of flavors, in which can be found in better brands (SB,JMs,AF)

But back to the phunnel...I would say to try and stick with any med-long cut tobacco with good moisture/vicousity ratios like Nahkla, Starbuzz, AF, Rosetta, Al Waha, Tangiers, El Hennyway...etc the list goes on. I would just suggest that anything with a cut smaller than JM's and has the texture of wet shredded paper should not go into a phunnel, a vortex works a ton better. Granted a phunnel and a vortex commercially are based on the fact that they catch drippies from going down the stem...I still find that because a vortex pulls the air through the shisha and is a bit deeper in the bowl it works better for fine to med cut tobaccos.

Pretty much a stick to:

Egyptian- For anything like Nahkla and for a more flavorful session (reason again being that the air flow is directly through the shisha but being that a egyptian bowl will always create more direct heat for the shisha I find it is better for use with Nahkla styled shisha, and never a good idea for heat sensitive or fine cut shishas)

Vortex- Already explained it for the most part...

Phunnel- Refer to "Vortex-"
Old November 15th, 2009, 12:31 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Phunnels are the best bowl for hh tobacco. Tell mr another way you could smoke 7 spice for 2 and a half hours.
Old November 15th, 2009, 01:41 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

The funnel will work fine. When I use my funnel with HH I can get fairly long sessions with solid flavor. I usually use a vortex but the funnel works fine as well.

Regarding the properties that HH has, if you are getting anywhere less than a solid 45 minutes out of a bowl of HH you are doing something very wrong. I will not say it's the best but it's damn good. Flavors are just too light sometimes.
Old November 15th, 2009, 02:40 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

I've used HH in a vortex but never a phunnel and its the same principle so I'd say it works well. Since it is such a thin cut you need to pat it down a bit because if you just leave it fluffed up the strands of tobacco will burn quick because they are above the glycerin/honey and this leads to some of the complaints people have with HH. I personally smoked it when I was at college because my local vendor carried it. It smokes fine, really. Just dont push the heat too far because once again it'll burn. Light heat will give you less clouds but it'll keep the flavor and prevent you from having a bad session. I used to use one QL 33mm disk in half for a bowl and it was perfect. Maybe 2 naturals would do the trick. I've stretched HH/HF to 2 and a half hours so like I said it'll smoke if you fiddle with it to see what works best.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:15 PM
opticalshadow
Banned

you should be arrested for abuse to a phunnel
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

I tried some HH, and couldn't figure out the heat management it burnt so easily.
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:32 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I pack it and plop 2 coals on and don't move them. When they die I put 2 more on the opposite sides and smoke another hour
Old November 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I pack it and plop 2 coals on and don't move them. When they die I put 2 more on the opposite sides and smoke another hour
I'm going to give this a shot.
Old April 13th, 2010, 07:03 AM
harry_boii
Hookah Newbie

woouldnt try it
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

it will work just fine in a phunnel, just sprinkle it in, tap it down
Share with your friends on facebook