Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How Many Hookahs Do You Have / Rate Them

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 16th, 2009, 02:38 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Default How Many Hookahs Do You Have / Rate Them

Just a simple question. Many of you have multiple rigs, just thought it be nice to see where you all rate (edit: I guess I should have used the word 'rank' oh well) them from best to worst. Me, I only have one, so I'm curious.

Oh, and PS. Share the wealth

Last edited by shawnwhyte; November 16th, 2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old November 16th, 2009, 02:44 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Default Re: How Many Hookahs Do You Have / Rate Them

i only have one too and its a social smoke omaga
Old November 16th, 2009, 02:55 AM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

I currently have only 1 hookah. I've had 3 so far, and I have one on the way.

My first hookah was given to me by a friend who's parents didn't appreciate him smoking. I think it was chinese, didn't have any special markings on it or anything. It was about 14-16 inches tall. It smoked decent from what I can remember, but I last smoked it about 3 years ago, before I really knew anything about hookah. It disappeared mysteriously in a move.

My second hookah was a 2-hose custom blown-glass hookah. It was all glass (vase, downstem and bowl) with clear nylon tubing for the hoses. Unfortunately, it wasn't very strong and my cat knocked it over one day and broke it. It smoked excellently, and while it didn't have a conventional purge, all you had to do was take the stem out (easy) and blow into a hose to clear it. Edit: This one was by far the best smoke.

My current hookah is a 28inch chinese mya knockoff. It's decent. The draw is really good but it won't fully purge. I guess that's not too important anyway.

I've got a 9in Al Fahker Junior on the way, I'll be sure to review it when it gets in!

Last edited by thefaded; November 16th, 2009 at 03:06 AM.
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:01 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

My first and worst hookah was one of those Chinese junior hookahs, it smoked good enough for me at the time, but it rusted to all hell after not long.

My 2nd hookah was a Mya QT which is still holding up pretty well. It would be 100% perfect for outdoor excursions and parties.

My 3rd and latest hookah is a KM Trimetal and it is definitely my favorite... I can't really imagine a better hookah. I think I chose very wisely with the KM trimetal.
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:13 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

I have three hookahs. A KM, a tall Mya and a short Mya. I'd rank them in that same order.
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:54 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

I have 4 rigs.
1) 24 af,
2) 30 darwish,
3) 26 MZ,
4) MYA Bambino

All pretty good rigs... Like my og af the best lol

i would have had 6 rigs but had to sale 2 of them a while back when i was out of work to buy books for college lol

Last edited by MAD_HATTER; November 16th, 2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

My Hookahs:

30" generic egyptian #1 favorite! Mainly because it smokes better than some of my friends KMs and smokes just as good as my AF solid. I like it better than my AF because it is so much more easy to clean and maintain.

30" AF solid #2 Best looking hookah I own and a smoking beast! This is my party girl!

13" Mya QT #3 Mainly bought it for my mother to use, but every once in a while I grab it for an extra friend who feels like they need something to smoke without passing. Its a great rig, I wonder what its gonna be when it grows up
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:27 AM
uk_shisha_king
Hookah Nut

I have 5 hookahs:

1 - 28" Khalil Mamoon, dual tone which I got from patelbadboy2006 (he got it from Egypt) My Favourite one and regular.

2 - 20" Sahara Dicro, two hose, from Sahara Smoke. Great for when guests come around.

3 - 26" Khalil Mamoon Cafae. Only use when I feel like it

4 - 26" Khalil Mamoon, Old School. Never smoke it, just use for display

5 - 8" Pumpkin Shisha, Chinese. Very rubbish, got it as a present from my sister. Again for display

Hopefully should be getting another one which my friend promised me from Dubhai. Dont know what it is but most probably chinese.
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:04 AM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

I have 3 but I also had 2 other ones that were sold/taken...

1 - 23" KM Hour Glass Trimetal "DOUBLE HOSE"

2 - 29" KM Original TriMetal "DOUBLE HOSE"

3 - Tonic Mini Hookah (Got it free from having a friend shake her ass at a club/lounge)

4 - 31" Egyptian 2 Hose w/Ice Tray from Ebay

5 - 21" Skull Hookah from I dunno where lol

- 31" Egyptian 2 Hose w/Ice Tray from Ebay
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
BigBlind
Hookah Pro

I Only have a 20" social smoke junior hookah, but im looking to buy a Km Tri metal and a Mya QT for next month( I got to see what the hype is all about on this 2 rigs)
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
BTBAMordecai
Hookah Pro

I have 30" Hafa KM in blue
and an 18" smoke shop hookah. Not sure what brand but it smoked pretty amazingly.
But my best smoke is definitely my KM
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

Here's all the hookah's I have owned/ bought & smoked from:
[LIST][*]An ebay "junior" POS. (about 16") Smoked decently the first dozen times and then after less than two months, it rusted through so bad that if you pulled on the hose, you got a mouthful of rust flecks. The only good thing about it is that it came with a mini-mod bowl and a king sized egyptian. (TRASHED)[*]A Candy Stripe Sahara w/ 1 hose. Medium size. (about 20") Smokes pretty decently, but I got one of the weird stems from a batch that the metal finish peels off and the inside of the stem has crystallization issues. The hoses that come with them are not washable. Once I get a new stem (hopefully a Nar), it will be my awesomeness of portability.[*]A KM Al Gia (trimetal with the teardrop base). (about 36") Smokes wonderfully, takes abuse pretty well, but is a pain to clean. The stem is one solid piece and requires a bathtub to clean it. Doesn't travel well as it doesn't break down. All in all, my living room centerpiece of nightly smoking.[*]A crystal Chinese (for my friend). (about 25") Your typical Chinese with fake plastic crystals down the stem. She thought it was pretty and so that's the one she got. Smokes decent, but not that great. As far as I know, no rusting issues, but it doesn't conduct the heat well. The heat from the charcoal will travel about halfway down the stem, making it painful to handle. (GIFT)[/LIST]
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Matt-641
Hookah Pro

5 so far. All of which are listed in my sig....

Best would be the KM
Worst (by far) is the green 16" (my first rig)
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

My hookahs are all listed in my sig with the exception of an 18" generic Chinese hookah that I sold a while back. It was my first rig and worked fine, but not the best one I have owned. After that I would say my Bambino takes third, my Caravan takes second and my AF and KM tie for first.
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I had 4 but the cheapie chinese finally died on me and rusted out. So now im down to 3.

1st is a 17" tall hypnosis. Its ok for what you pay for. Its nice looking. I love the base. I would have to rank this one low though. lol

2nd hookah is the Sheecool. Its actaully really nice. Smokes really well and doesnt leak at all. So i use this one to travel with as it is made of acrylic,and i dont have to worry about it too much.

3rd hookah i have is my 30" AF medium solid. This one stayts home at all times and is my mumber one hookah. It smokes like a dragon especially with my narbish hose.
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

you dont want bigpoppa to list his, youd spend days reading it!

the ones i have are in my sig, there are reviews on most of them!

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:31 PM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post

But I'm more interested in your personal usage of them, which is your go to for this and that, used most often, etc.
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:41 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:

How many does he actually have, I remember seeing a pic before and there had to be at least 20. As far as my own see my sig. My traditional ones see more use than my myas with my KMs being the workhorses with my AF close behind. The MZ and Syrian I use occasionally. The Thabet Yunis I've actually dedicated to smoking DM with an unwashable traditional hose because it is a bit more restrictive giving better flavor than the rest yet purges better than the myas. My myas I use as travel rigs.

Last edited by hookahman1988; November 17th, 2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old November 16th, 2009, 09:52 PM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
How many does he actually have, I remember seeing a pic before and there had to be at least 20. As far as my own see my sig. My traditional ones see more use than my myas with my KMs being the workhorses with my AF close behind. The MZ and Syrian I use occasionally. The Thabet Yunis I've actually dedicated to smoking DM with an unwashable traditional hose because it is a bit more restrictive than the rest yet purges better than the myas. My myas I use as travel rigs.
The only one I have is the 18'' Mya Acrylic, and am looking to get a new one sometime in the near future. How does that little guy stack up to the big boys?
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:27 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Egh...hard to rate...but I'd put my first trimetal KM as number 1, my large AF/qt a close second....everything else...falls in someplace...
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnwhyte View Post
But I'm more interested in your personal usage of them, which is your go to for this and that, used most often, etc.
Fair enough, here goes!

Right now I have 2 hookahs for Iraq, the mya because of its size and the fact its an easy clean and smoke, and the temsah wheat because its a solid loud hookah thats durable and attractive.

My KM bahriya, i smoke only when I just want something to look at or have company that is interested, but its a pain in the ass to clean, and the height takes away from pull...but mostly i just do not want to clean it.

the km americana, i smoke often, i like the look, not too hard to clean, but only use the thicker smoke really strong flavored tobaccos on this.

the thabet younis...well i smoke it less often, but most of what i said about the americana applies.

if i smoke something like nakhla i like using my AF 28" which is by far the most beautiful hookah i have (the large clear dish vase and the white caravan hose and the gold bottom tray really make it stand out)

my nour LE is for lazy smokes and higher quality tobacco smokes. the lazy part comes from the fact that it takes me like 20seconds max to clean the baby. as for the quality tobacco, its a bit tighter than the rest, so the flavor comes out more, making it better for stuff like DM, shooting star, etc.

the mogul hookah is for decoration.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:10 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Fair enough, here goes!

Right now I have 2 hookahs for Iraq, the mya because of its size and the fact its an easy clean and smoke, and the temsah wheat because its a solid loud hookah thats durable and attractive.

My KM bahriya, i smoke only when I just want something to look at or have company that is interested, but its a pain in the ass to clean, and the height takes away from pull...but mostly i just do not want to clean it.

the km americana, i smoke often, i like the look, not too hard to clean, but only use the thicker smoke really strong flavored tobaccos on this.

the thabet younis...well i smoke it less often, but most of what i said about the americana applies.

if i smoke something like nakhla i like using my AF 28" which is by far the most beautiful hookah i have (the large clear dish vase and the white caravan hose and the gold bottom tray really make it stand out)

my nour LE is for lazy smokes and higher quality tobacco smokes. the lazy part comes from the fact that it takes me like 20seconds max to clean the baby. as for the quality tobacco, its a bit tighter than the rest, so the flavor comes out more, making it better for stuff like DM, shooting star, etc.

the mogul hookah is for decoration.
Thanks for sharing. I guess you could say this is my attempt at more indepth research before I commit to buying something, since a lot of you seem to have the same hookahs, I'd like to see a pattern as to how they are compared.
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:30 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

1. 30" AF
2. 34" KM
3. 26" Generic Egyptian.
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

1- KM Kafae
2- KM Caramana
3- MYA QT
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

1 Nargilem NP-620
2 MYA Saturn
3 Nargilem Eco-300
4 MYA Cosmos

and I hope to get the new Nargilem NPS soon. It will become the new #1
mh .. i need something more traditional as well, my hookahs are all modern

hookahs I used to have (already sold):
1 Shisham 615
2 MYA QT
3 some traditional egyptian
Reply Share