Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Well found an ebay special SMALL funnel bowl...

Says it holds under 20g's of shisha... kinda what i wanted...

Can anyone give me some info... if any on this ebay special?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hookah-FUNNEL-Cl...item3357817f11
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:01 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

They're probably not the real tangiers ones. I read somewhere that the only way Eric will sell a vendor the real ones is if they carry his tobacco as well.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
annual
Hookah Nut

Garbage. Save your money and buy original.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
They're probably not the real tangiers ones. I read somewhere that the only way Eric will sell a vendor the real ones is if they carry his tobacco as well.
--- Wasn't looking for an original tangiers one, was just looking for a really small one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annual View Post
Garbage. Save your money and buy original.
--- The thing is, even the original bowl... Tangiers "small" bowl is still like 30-35g size... I smoke by myself or with my girlfriend and we smoke about 20g sized bowls now. 30-35g size i think would simply just be... too large for our likes. Only reasoning why i am even remotely interested in the ebay special lol.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
4d1ct3d
Hookah Nut

Of course they are not tangiers funnels. But if they really do hold only 10-15g of tobacco like they say, then I think it is something worth trying out.

Nice find. Is anyone willing to buy one of these?
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:10 PM
4d1ct3d
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb View Post

--- The thing is, even the original bowl... Tangiers "small" bowl is still like 30-35g size... I smoke by myself or with my girlfriend and we smoke about 20g sized bowls now. 30-35g size i think would simply just be... too large for our likes. Only reasoning why i am even remotely interested in the ebay special lol.
I know you're pain man
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d1ct3d View Post
Of course they are not tangiers funnels. But if they really do hold only 10-15g of tobacco like they say, then I think it is something worth trying out.

Nice find. Is anyone willing to buy one of these?
--- If i didn't just spend like literally 300$ on hookah shit the last 2-3 days, i would... Since i am unemployed... that sucks too. Lol, maybe i will end up saying eFF it... and just buy it.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
BigBlind
Hookah Pro

For the money i say give it a shot!!!!
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:33 PM
4d1ct3d
Hookah Nut

yeah, maybe I'll buy one too If you do buy one though let us know. And when you recieve it and try it let us know your opinion also
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
MonkeyFresh
Hookah Newbie

Ill probably give these a try, if it ends up being decent its a pretty good alternative to throwing down 30 bucks for a mini tangiers (thats if you can find one)
I'll post if i decide to buy and try and review as well
thanks for the heads up!
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyFresh View Post
Ill probably give these a try, if it ends up being decent its a pretty good alternative to throwing down 30 bucks for a mini tangiers (thats if you can find one)
I'll post if i decide to buy and try and review as well
thanks for the heads up!
--- i am thinking about it too, haha. he is located in Isreal... so i can only imagine how long it will take to get here.
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

With shipping it's almost the same price as a legit Tangiers funnel. You also need to consider if you are willing to spend the time to mod the bowl if the spire is too high as is the common problem with the mass produced non-Tangiers funnels.

A small funnel holds around 25-30g of tobacco in my experiences. Not that bad. If you want to use small amounts of tobacco then stick with classic Egyptian bowls. With my favorite it's around 15g depending on the tobacco and smokes beautifully.

While I love my funnel and my vortex, neither one are necessary to have a perfect session.

If you are not working and have no income then why are you spending so much money on hookah stuff?
Old November 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
With shipping it's almost the same price as a legit Tangiers funnel. You also need to consider if you are willing to spend the time to mod the bowl if the spire is too high as is the common problem with the mass produced non-Tangiers funnels.

A small funnel holds around 25-30g of tobacco in my experiences. Not that bad. If you want to use small amounts of tobacco then stick with classic Egyptian bowls. With my favorite it's around 15g depending on the tobacco and smokes beautifully.

While I love my funnel and my vortex, neither one are necessary to have a perfect session.

If you are not working and have no income then why are you spending so much money on hookah stuff?
--- Cause i love it! If it's not this, it's me spending money on my Volkswagen, and let me tell you this... Hookah is a much cheaper hobby than anything VW related.

Kinda of sucks too because i am against collecting unemployment, so i have to live off of my savings.
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:27 PM
annual
Hookah Nut

Is 10g really the difference your gonna make in buying a knock off then buying the original? I must just be the one who doesn't mind if I'm gonna smoke I'd rather enjoy it and give credit to the person that did come up with the design.
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Is 10g really the difference your gonna make in buying a knock off then buying the original? I must just be the one who doesn't mind if I'm gonna smoke I'd rather enjoy it and give credit to the person that did come up with the design.
--- Haha, you seem to be really brand loyal.(not a bad thing) If it's what i want, and it works... why not use it? Just cause it's chinese, if it works the same... isn't that good enough?

I could either be falling into a bad buy or a potential good buy. 10g... isn't that much of a difference, but it is a difference.

Tangiers small bowl - "Holds 40 to 50 grams of shisha"

So that 10g that you speak of is more like... 20g or more.
Old November 18th, 2009, 03:58 PM
mcmlb55
Hookah Newbie

Well, my small tangiers funnel holds only 20 to 25 grams of shisha, depending on how its packed. that being said, its not impossible to get a bad tangiers funnel. the one i received has the spire uneven and much to high, as well as having the rim of the bowl itself uneven. No matter how tight the foil is, it will get clogged if the spire is to high, making it a pain the... If the chinese funnel's spire is a good eighth of an inch down and not even with the rim of the bowl, i say go for it. it will have no where near the amount of imperfections a handmade tangiers funnel bowl can have. if though the spire is to high, you will have to mod it.

Last edited by mcmlb55; November 18th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:00 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
--- Haha, you seem to be really brand loyal.(not a bad thing) If it's what i want, and it works... why not use it? Just cause it's chinese, if it works the same... isn't that good enough?

I could either be falling into a bad buy or a potential good buy. 10g... isn't that much of a difference, but it is a difference.

Well I hope it is similar in function. The best things about the Tangiers funnel are the ratio of the heights of the walls and the center spire so that the foil does not easily get stuck in the spire, and the heat capacity of the material which is a very interesting and thick clay that retains heat but does not scorch everything by keeping the heat in one place. The heat gets distributed nicely through out the bowl.

Oh ya. Also we know that the glazes used on a Tangiers funnel are safe. I am not implying that the knock offs are not safe but we really don't know and there have been issue with lead glazes in the past on off brand products that are not artisan made.

Best of luck to you. I hope it turns out well.
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:

They say 40-50g because thats how much Tangiers tobacco it holds since you have to pack it tighter to get it to smoke right. With normal tobacco that you pack less densely its less.
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
andally
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to andally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Well I hope it is similar in function. The best things about the Tangiers funnel are the ratio of the heights of the walls and the center spire so that the foil does not easily get stuck in the spire, and the heat capacity of the material which is a very interesting and thick clay that retains heat but does not scorch everything by keeping the heat in one place. The heat gets distributed nicely through out the bowl.

Oh ya. Also we know that the glazes used on a Tangiers funnel are safe. I am not implying that the knock offs are not safe but we really don't know and there have been issue with lead glazes in the past on off brand products that are not artisan made.

Best of luck to you. I hope it turns out well.
--- Mfoehrkolb Here (too lazy to log out of girlfriends account)

I wasn't putting the glaze or material into thought. i was simply thinking of the bowl type and size it holds. hhhmmm, maybe i can try and do more research.
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Try to find the tangiers Mini. On that ebay sale thing, either its a really crappy picture and cropped horribly. Or the bowls are lopsided.
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:01 PM
kingboyb
Banned

I would just stick to a small Tangiers bowl and mod it to hold less tobacco when smoking. I've tried every bowl of this type and have yet to see any bowl perform better than the tangiers bowl.
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM
annual
Hookah Nut

I have 4 mini's I might sell one if the price is right.
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Even IF i would buy one of the cheap chinese ones or ebay ones... and they are lopsides or the phunnel is too high.... I will just take a pneumatic angle grinder to that biccchh and make it so it works.

The only thing that has me worried now if i would is the glaze on the bowl...

i am about to go to arts and crafts store and some of my own sculpting clay and throw it in my oven for a few hours and make my own... keep it unglazed.
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
MonkeyFresh
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
I have 4 mini's I might sell one if the price is right.
let me know if you do im very interested i have all the other sizes lol might as well finish the collection
Old November 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
--- Cause i love it! If it's not this, it's me spending money on my Volkswagen, and let me tell you this... Hookah is a much cheaper hobby than anything VW related.

Kinda of sucks too because i am against collecting unemployment, so i have to live off of my savings.
I pay for it so you're welcome to use it, I'll let you.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook