Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Mfoehrkolb's Avatar
Mfoehrkolb
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I pay for it so you're welcome to use it, I'll let you.
--- I totally thought you were serious Then i saw the face...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:47 PM
4d1ct3d's Avatar
4d1ct3d
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 188
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

seriously how can people bash on something they haven't even tryed...

just because it's chinese it's crap... way to go!

Btw, I already own a Tangiers mini and tangiers small and still think that this bowl appears to be nice.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old November 18th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Mfoehrkolb's Avatar
Mfoehrkolb
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d1ct3d View Post
seriously how can people bash on something they haven't even tryed...

just because it's chinese it's crap... way to go!

Btw, I already own a Tangiers mini and tangiers small and still think that this bowl appears to be nice.
--- I want it also, but... what the guy said about the glaze... i am doing research on if it releases fumes with temperature aghainst it... i dont see why it would though, when you fire that shit in a kilm @ 2k degrees...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old November 18th, 2009, 07:00 PM
4d1ct3d's Avatar
4d1ct3d
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 188
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Don't worry about that. Almost every bowls are glazed and many of them are made in china like the mod bowls. Haven't heard of that problem yet.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old November 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Mfoehrkolb's Avatar
Mfoehrkolb
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d1ct3d View Post
Don't worry about that. Almost every bowls are glazed and many of them are made in china like the mod bowls. Haven't heard of that problem yet.
--- hrrrmmm...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old November 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hayter's Avatar
Hayter
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 2,334
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

I seriously think you should try to find a tangiers mini...
__________________
(*Disclaimer* These are my opinions and mine alone. It does not reflect the opinions of others and is based on my personal smoking enjoyment and experience)
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic7368_3.gif
GO KINGS!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old November 18th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Mfoehrkolb's Avatar
Mfoehrkolb
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
I seriously think you should try to find a tangiers mini...
--- the dude wanted 40 bucks min... it's not worth it at all.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old November 18th, 2009, 09:23 PM
flippy's Avatar
flippy
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,083
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Get a small tangiers, and use a scalli mod. I used to have a Chinese phunnel, huge difference now that I have a Tangiers.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old November 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
dropkickdragout's Avatar
dropkickdragout
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 173
Send a message via AIM to dropkickdragout
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Personally I'm love my small Tangiers phunnel more than any other bowl I own, but if i had a source of renewable income I wouldn't be against picking one of these up for another review if nothing else. Also if you want it, just get it....that's my motto ^.^
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old November 18th, 2009, 10:23 PM
patelbadboy2006's Avatar
patelbadboy2006
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,893
Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Ive used 2 or 3 different chinese bowls and i have to say they are utter crap, the shisha burns within 30 mins and the taste aint the same either, i would just stick with a tangiers and a mod.

But this may be good, havent tried it, and am tempted to buy it just to see how it is
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Mfoehrkolb's Avatar
Mfoehrkolb
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

I am a proud new owner of a mini china phunnel bowl for the price of 8.50! EEfff it... haha, i didn't want to pass it up for a TEST RUN!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:41 AM
photolinger's Avatar
photolinger
Status: Offline
Arabian Sensation

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,364
Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

the reason why people like the tangiers bowls to the non tangiers funnels is valid.

the spire on a tangiers bowl is shorter, this is better, you dont deal with the foil getting sucked into the spire and losing smoke flow.

the first funnel i tried was a chinese one, and well, it failed because of this flaw, when i got a tangiers one i did notice the difference.
__________________

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Mfoehrkolb's Avatar
Mfoehrkolb
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
the reason why people like the tangiers bowls to the non tangiers funnels is valid.

the spire on a tangiers bowl is shorter, this is better, you dont deal with the foil getting sucked into the spire and losing smoke flow.

the first funnel i tried was a chinese one, and well, it failed because of this flaw, when i got a tangiers one i did notice the difference.
--- IF i run into that problem, i will just put a pneumatic angle grinder to it, and cut it down. I have the tools and and the know how... i do body work on cars... when i did work... i can easily manage to grind this down 1mm haha. ill make it work! i promise this!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old November 19th, 2009, 03:06 AM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d1ct3d View Post
Don't worry about that. Almost every bowls are glazed and many of them are made in china like the mod bowls. Haven't heard of that problem yet.
I'm not talking about all glaze... Most bowls are glazed but they need to be made with a glaze that does not include lead as it will leach into anything put in it and release it into the air. This happens especially with heat.

We know that the glaze Eric uses is the proper kind. We do not know what kind of glaze is used in the off brand funnels.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old November 19th, 2009, 03:52 AM
4d1ct3d's Avatar
4d1ct3d
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 188
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I'm not talking about all glaze... Most bowls are glazed but they need to be made with a glaze that does not include lead as it will leach into anything put in it and release it into the air. This happens especially with heat.

We know that the glaze Eric uses is the proper kind. We do not know what kind of glaze is used in the off brand funnels.
the mod bowl argument still aplies
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old November 19th, 2009, 04:02 AM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

What is considered a "mod" bowl is made by Mya. A trusted company. I am not saying that it's a guaranteed problem, but there is no reason to not be scrutinizing of the products we use. It is an issue with other glazed products and saw a lot of news coverage recently. That is why it was even brought up regarding hookah bowls.

You have not heard of the problem here because it was a long time ago and well before you joined the forums. We stopped discussing it because most people stopped buying off brand funnels because of their problems. Also, it was speculation to begin with. Never stated as fact.

Last edited by kalutika; November 19th, 2009 at 04:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:10 PM
bAsiRaH
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Home Country: SYRIA
Posts: 72
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

i am too interested if you are still willing to sell one
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old January 9th, 2010, 03:30 PM
sunilimon's Avatar
sunilimon
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seville, Spain
Posts: 39
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Hi! I received yesterday this bowl and its a chinnesse phunnel bowl. It needs a mod (search in new videos "phunnel mod" and it will teach you how to do it), it supports about 15gr of shisha.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:22 PM
flutterbi
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Grand Coulee Wa. USA
Posts: 277
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Ok so I received this same funnel bowl for an early Yule gift and its adorable. It fits my small hookah and is ideal for when i REALLY want to smoke but only have 45 min and am by myself. The bowl is 2 1/2 inches across and holds roughly 10g to 15g of shisha with a small roll for foil (about the size of a large pencil led) across the funnel hole then cover with HD foil poke holes you feel comfy bout. Take 2 coconaras break in half, light compleatly place cross way around and enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:26 PM
sunilimon's Avatar
sunilimon
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seville, Spain
Posts: 39
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Thanks for recommendations! I used a double aluminium foil, but it fell into the bowl with weight of coconara when I aspired. I'll try it
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old January 13th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Mfoehrkolb's Avatar
Mfoehrkolb
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

I like this bowl quite a bit, mine didn't need a mod or anything either. Well worth the few bucks for it.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:26 AM
blacklit
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 67
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

if the price is right and the item is identical... does it matter that it isn't original? same with the nammor hoses, no? if you're essentially getting the same thing, why not?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:13 PM
delSol_si's Avatar
delSol_si
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MO/IL
Posts: 194
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

why not support the maker of the product?

Not to mention just because the chinese shit bowl says it will hold 10g less, doesn't mean it will.

example, many brands of shisha claim to be the very best, most of them aren't. marketing is a very sneaky tool, keep that in mind.

if you want a bowl that holds less and don't want to have to spend the money on a mini tangiers, why not get a one coal bowl from crownhookahs.com? honestly i would just get a small tangiers and use the tea light candle mod.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:51 PM
andally's Avatar
andally
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fountain Hill, PA/Boston, MA
Posts: 92
Send a message via Skype™ to andally
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d1ct3d View Post
yeah, maybe I'll buy one too If you do buy one though let us know. And when you recieve it and try it let us know your opinion also

Haven't been on in forever. Its good. We like it. Go for it.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old January 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
4d1ct3d's Avatar
4d1ct3d
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 188
Default Re: SMALL PHUNNEL BOWL!! - Ebay Special.

I just made a bid on one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
What is considered a "mod" bowl is made by Mya. A trusted company. I am not saying that it's a guaranteed problem, but there is no reason to not be scrutinizing of the products we use. It is an issue with other glazed products and saw a lot of news coverage recently. That is why it was even brought up regarding hookah bowls.

You have not heard of the problem here because it was a long time ago and well before you joined the forums. We stopped discussing it because most people stopped buying off brand funnels because of their problems. Also, it was speculation to begin with. Never stated as fact.
Nope, you are wrong on 2 things sir. A mod bowl is a modern bowl, found in modern type hookahs (ence the name) and it's normally a generic chinese bowl. Mya bowls are normally refered as... mya bowls



This is a mod bowl ( http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-987-mod-hookah-bowl.html )

As you can see it is glazed, and it is chinese. It is also one of the most popular bowls used worldwide.

About me not joining the forums, well, I was just reading this forum once in a while and was already registered in another hookah forum way before I registered in this one and never heard that concern regarding a chinese bowl's glaze. I only heard it once before when somebody was thinking about glazing his own unglazed, self-made bowl.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Phunnel Bowl and a small Mod hookah bmackay318 Hookah Discussion 6 August 2nd, 2009 10:31 PM
small phunnel bowl question? cdhfootball Hookah Discussion 2 July 25th, 2009 02:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.