Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Looking at Egyptians, any reccomendations?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Looking at Egyptians, any reccomendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4llacy
I'm still shopping around trying to get a good deal. I've abandoned the idea of the qt, it may be small, but I want a quality product. Many of you have advised me that the qt is not. I'm still looking at syrian's and km's... I'll update before I purchase with what I've narrowed it down to.
If you want something small know that your choices are limited and that small rigs will produce more CO and give hotter smoke then full sized rigs. As a result, I can recommend only one small rig which I know from personal experience. It's the 16" champaign brass Syrian from www.furathookahs.com At $69 it's a real bargain and works great. It does have a Syrian head so you'll need too buy a hose barb from home depot/lowes to use it with most bowls. Anyway, here a photo. I have others but they are too big to attach so send me your email address and i'll send them to you if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 038.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb Picture 038.jpg_thumb (14.0 KB, 0 views)
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:54 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yeah i say Magdy Zidan.

Old January 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahETC
Syrians are the better more higher quality way to go over any Egyptian; including KM's, MZ, and others.
There are plenty of reviews to prove it, just search. Not saying those Egyptians are bad...theres just better out there.
Ha Ha thats funny, its a matter of opinion. Everyone has their opinion and to say that Syrians are better than ANY egyptian out there is highly subjective. Ask Sambooka how his new Syrian compares to his KM. So to blanket statement and say Syrians are superior is flase. Each type has their good points and bad points. I would put my Starbuzz hookah up against any hookah out there, the draw is as easy as breathing.

Billy

I speak of mine...I can't speak for no one else Billy. Lol.

Syrians are generally made of much higher quality materials, and are made stronger. Again, this is in my experiences with the Syrians I deal with. They tend to seal alot better, have much less screw ups, and smoke alot better. Im not dogging any KM's or anything, I like them as well. I just think Syrians are a better, stronger, higher quality piece...and I have tons of reasoning behind it.

As far as a QT...what Sambooka said...don't do it. Lol.
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:35 AM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

I would def say check out JandR Syrians. I can speak from experience on these. I own two of them and are by far my best hookahs I own and have smoked out of. Build is amazing and glass is thick. I promise there wouldnt be one regret if you got one from JandR.

If you are wanting an Egyptian style I would def go for a MZ .
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:38 AM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Nazarhookah.com has some nice egyptians .. i personally have one and its great my only problem w/ it is the hookah maker made a slight mistake while glazing the glass so its not 100% air tight .. but some duct tape and im good
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:40 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

You know what you could do as well..

Google search some local shops in your area. Most often than not, there are some Middle Eastern shops near by that you can go and physically SEE and FEEL what you're getting. You can almost always talk down price as well.

Old January 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Given that I own a great KM as well as several top quality Syrians and a custom built Turkish narghile I can safely say that they all have given many years of great service and they will continue to do so. In the end I like my Syrians the most but they all are great.

If f4llacy goes with a KM, MZ, Al Ashrey or a well built Syrian I am sure he will be delighted. However, the greatest rig in the world will not give you a good session if it's not cleaned often and carefully or if your set up is off.
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Someone said something about Star Buzz rigs but i've never seen one or even read a review of one. Anyone have any info on them?
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Billy's site said that he was going to carry them.. and i've been wondering the same thing.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:42 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
Ha Ha thats funny, its a matter of opinion. Everyone has their opinion and to say that Syrians are better than ANY egyptian out there is highly subjective. Ask Sambooka how his new Syrian compares to his KM. So to blanket statement and say Syrians are superior is flase. Each type has their good points and bad points. I would put my Starbuzz hookah up against any hookah out there, the draw is as easy as breathing.

Billy
Yeah, to be honest, I got a syrian, and sold one of my beloved KMs in order to buy it ... I wish I could get my KM back! I have not used my new syrian yet, it sits on a table as a decorative piece for the moment. I continue to use my Egyptian Khalil Mamoun Amer as my daily smoker, it is amazing and provides me with the best smoke I have had out of all the hookahs I have tried. This is just my opinion. I like the Khalil Mamouns and Magdy Zidans. Until I can find a syrian that proves me otherwise? I am always willing to try new hookahs, I am not going to limit myself to ONE, but in the meantime while I look for a second hookah, I will enjoy my Khalil Mamoun Amer.
Just curious, how can you preffer your egyptian if you haven't tried your new syrian? Is there a structural problem? What syrian is it?
Old January 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

The clean, pretty welds and stem on MZ's sell me. They have my heart.

I wish an Egyptian Rig was practical for me. :P
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook