Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

restricted pulls=more flavor...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 19th, 2009, 05:14 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to SynysterBuzz
Default restricted pulls=more flavor...

alright so i saw recently that some of the hookahpro members were looking up ways to restrict their pull while smoking cause is drastically increases flavor. i do agree but i have an idea that you guys might enjoy.
while smoking a few nights ago i discovered that if you cover about half, the bottom half of course, of the opening of the hose with your bottom lip and direct the stream of smoke across your tongue then you will in fact get drastic improvement on smoke flavor. i guess the same can be said in reverse as in the top lip top half, whatever. but try it out. you might like it.
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Mfoehrkolb
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via AIM to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Yahoo to Mfoehrkolb Send a message via Skype™ to Mfoehrkolb
Default Re: restricted pulls=more flavor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterBuzz View Post
alright so i saw recently that some of the hookahpro members were looking up ways to restrict their pull while smoking cause is drastically increases flavor. i do agree but i have an idea that you guys might enjoy.
while smoking a few nights ago i discovered that if you cover about half, the bottom half of course, of the opening of the hose with your bottom lip and direct the stream of smoke across your tongue then you will in fact get drastic improvement on smoke flavor. i guess the same can be said in reverse as in the top lip top half, whatever. but try it out. you might like it.
--- i like to just put the entire tip in and just let it all hit the tip of my tongue.
Old November 19th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb View Post
--- i like to just put the entire tip in and just let it all hit the tip of my tongue.
oh boy.........
Old November 19th, 2009, 11:57 AM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

totally true the more restricted the pull the better the flavour as when i smoke my dads cheap chinese hookah the pull is more restricted but the flavour is better than my KM. thats why im thinking of getting an af healthy hose as they are very restricted.
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yes.. and no.

There's arguments both ways.

Tight pulls pull the smoke slowly, and you must pull the smoke for a longer period on each drag. One could say that the smoke moving slower over your palate would directly relate to a delicious taste because your tongue and palate have more time to absorb the flavors.

Loose pulls can be said to relate to more flavor because of how hot the coals burn, and how fast you pull the smoke, and how fast you pull larger volumes of smoke. Some say that the open pull from the hose will pull more o2 over the coals and through the tobacco, creating more heat and leading to more flavor.

To me, I taste most of the flavor on the exhale. This is true with cigars and pipes as well - I can taste the flavor of the smoke on the inhale, but it's after I'm done inhaling and I start the exhale where the flavor explodes.

I bet both these theories are relevant and applicable, but it just comes down to if you prefer a tighter pull or a more open pull.
Old November 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

I chopped up one of my nammor tips so that it has an opening like that of a slant cut (aka french cut) on a cigar. The idea behind this being that when u angle the cut on a cigar it redirects the the smoke as it comes out and bounces it off your palate. So far so good, plus I could shank someone with it if need be.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

I was trying to decide on which hose to upgrade my Mya Diva to due to the mya hoses being restricted...
I guess I'll just stay with my Mya hose lol, I wouldn't mind a washable one though.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook