Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah and the College Campus (and Arkansas it seems)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 19th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Jeffrey2132
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah and the College Campus (and Arkansas it seems)

So I was smoking my hookah outside when the security guard came by. He walked up and pretty much threatened that if we kept smoking and a cop saw us, they would take the hookah and test it. I then told them they could test it all that they wanted and not find anything but tobacco and he said that if they took it then I wouldn't get it back. He then got a phone call from a cop in Arkansas who said that it was illegal to have in Arkansas. So we're still smoking and it's great. I've never had Tangiers that tasted good before and it's pretty good. Definitely a kick and it is definitely flavorful. Just wondering if anyone else had had an encounter like this?
Old November 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Hookah and the College Campus (and Arkansas it seems)

I go to school in AR and as far as I know hookah isn't illegal here. Why would it be? It's a damn tobacco pipe for cryin out loud. Back on topic, the tobacco shop in town sells hookahs and supplies and there are lounges in Little Rock and Fayetteville. I have my hookahs here and have never had any issues.
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

we had some encounters with cops in the past, but they just come over to check what you're smoking and move on when they agree its moassel

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:44 PM
sammyhellsyea
Hookah Newbie

Odd. At my school they sit out smoking it all day every day.

Seems a little ridiculous. I'm sure they would be allowed to test it if they like, but I'm sure there's no justification in keeping it.

Besides, the smell would be VERY obvious if you weren't smoking tobacco.

Tell him to go fack himself.
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM
JiX'
Hookah Newbie

wouldn't know about smoking laws in arkansas. but i live in california. (also a college student at cal poly state at san luis obispo) and i haven't personally gotten in trouble with hookah or shisha when i was on campus (not a normal smoke spot for me though lol). but my first year when i was in the dorms my good buddy decided to light up outside the dorm with his roommate and only had a tobacco pack'd bowl (also was past the required 20ft fire hazard line) and got caught by a RA and got his hookah confiscated. i talked to him after and apparently after he talked to his CSD was told that a hookah is considered "paraphernalia... and drugs could be smoke'd out of it" so he was forced to write a 5 page paper and was put on probation on his housing report.

my guess is the security guard thought 1 of 2 things (unless arkansas has some strange law against operating a hookah? lol). he was either completely retarded and thought it was some other type of water pipe. or secondly he considered it paraphernalia and only considered u smoking drugs out of it. but didn't consider u could be what is more logical. smoking shisha. gotta love naive security guards... lol

Last edited by JiX'; November 19th, 2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: sorry i don't condone on drugs. just wrote it for the sake of explaining the situation.
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:00 PM
thirty-five
Hookah Newbie

I go to school at Minnesota (Twin Cities)
we can smoke them, but we're technically not allowed to have them in our dorms because they are "substance-free" (No tobacco, either, cigarettes included)
but they only gave us a hard time the first week of school. The RA that threatened to write us up smokes cigarettes constantly, we brought that up and they quit bugging us.
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Jeffrey2132
Hookah Newbie

The school I go to only has like 500 students there so we all know the security guards and they know us, I was just amazed that he came and pulled such a jerk move. I even offered him some if he wanted to taste it because he was talking about how he liked the flavor of cigars. When he told us that cops would confiscate it, I thought to myself, "Well, maybe it is some law in Arkansas." But that was a great point, Slick, I've been to a hookah lounge in Fayetteville. What's the difference between smoking at a lounge and smoking my own hookah? Ridiculous...
Old November 19th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I am glad that I have not yet been approached by a police officer yet. I actually used to set up in the most obvious places, like on the grass next to one of the busiest streets, in the middle of the educational mall ect.. But, unfortunately, I have almost completely stopped smoking hookah....I hate it, I really do. But at school, it is too hard to smoke. I cant keep it in my dorm so if I want to smoke I have to walk down 3 flights of stairs, walk 1/4mi each way to my car and back....and then hope i dont forget anything, not to mention my brass hookah got tons of corrosion because i couldnt clean it daily. I got fed up and left it back at home, I feel much better about it because I feel as if I am not abusing "her". But tonight is my first night home after quite some time, Im gonna smoke it up for all of you guys and hookahpro!
Old November 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
onewhoshanks
Hookah Newbie

they are just trying to scare you... they think its a **** of some sort...do not worry about it its not illegal.

if they try anything charge them for harrassment.
Old November 20th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Midas97
Hookah Newbie

I haven't had any problems here in IL, cops will come up to me and just casually ask "That's tobacco in there right?" and I always respond with "come take a puff." sometimes they do, sometimes they just leave. Never had any problems.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook