Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Facts And Truth About Soex 100% Tobacco Free Herbal Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 4th, 2008, 06:13 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Default The Facts And Truth About Soex 100% Tobacco Free Herbal Hookah

Here are the facts and truth about Soex coming from from the Exclusive Importer of Soex:

Soex is a product some love and some hate. It is not bad but not as good as Tobacco. The issue is that most people compare it to tobacco and of course Soex will not appeal to Tobacco Smokers.

Soex is Natural . Herbal. It is made with Suger Cane Abstract and Natural Herbs. Soex is primarily used by non tobacco users and cities that have banned tobacco smoking in Hookah Bars. Believe it or not, Soex sales have reached records in the past 5 months due to new laws nationwide which you might see coming to your area.

If you smoke tobacco, it will take you time to adapt to Soex. Some of us do not accept the facts but we like the Tobacco Nicotine. I do, I can not go without hookah for over a day. We smoke in the warehouse daily with multiple bowls. Is that good? Well no but I have to.

I have tried Soex. It will never be the same as Tobacco but it is smooth. It Tastes similar to tobacco, made by the same company as Afzal, and as all tobaccos on the market, not all Soex flavours are very good or number one. I am an exclusive importer for Soex and I am straight out telling you the facts.

I personally like the Peach, Strawberry, Double Apple, Blueberry, Blackberry, Sweet Melon, Orange and LemonLime. These are my favorites. The least sellers for us are Aniseed and beleive it or not Pina Colada.

Feel free to ask me anything you want about Soex. I am here to listen. If you have any strong comments, feel free to email them to me at info@exoticimportsusa.com , or feel free to post them here and I will check and reply to all comments directed to me.

Soex is the healthier way to go around hookah but it is more of the future than now. Once all the new laws kick in and taxes rise, more and more people will be smoking Soex just like in UK and Canada. Some states effected so far by laws are NY, CA, NJ, WA, TX IL and much much more.

Also from what I hear, the government is trying to enforce online banning of tobacco sales, so if this happens, Soex will also be a prefered brand online as that would be the only thing you can buy online. There is another brand out there which is herbal and Exotica is working on releasing their Herbal but till them, stay safe, and enjoy the hookah!

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Gabriel
Exotic Imports USA
LetsHookah.com
The Home of Exotica Charcoals / Coals
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: The Facts And Truth About Soex 100% Tobacco Free Herbal Hookah

Yes to be honest, soex hasn't gotten the best of reviews or discussion. To be honest yet again, I haven't tried it? Maybe I should try it out sometime and judge for myself? Who knows .. I may really like it? I think this is something I will definitely consider trying for myself and writing some reviews on it. Maybe other members will do the same?

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:25 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I have tried about 4 flavors of Soex. Personally I didn't enjoy any of them (and Peach was one of them). This was back when I first was starting Hookah'ing (and I'm not a Ciggy smoker by nature) so I hadn't smkoed much else than Nakhla.

I recently got a small sample from a friend (grape) - i still did not enjoy it. The taste was decent, but extermly short lived.

It may be "non-tobacco", but smoking anything isn't good for you.
Old January 4th, 2008, 08:39 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

I retract what I have posted. I did some further research and didn't skim the water. I apologize. Lesson learned on my part.

/root
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Yeah I am not sure what to make of Soex myself. I am hesitant to try it honestly.

Billy
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've never tried Black Label or the various other herbal shishas you can get in Europa but I have had some experience with Soex. Basically I don't like the fact that every time I use it I get slivers stuck in my fingers and that a lone makes avoid the product. In terms of taste it's alright but no wheres near as good as even mediocre tobacco products. The smoke is thin with no mouth feel and worst of all the flavour is gone in about 15-20 minutes. I won't say I hate soex but it's not my thing. Afzel on the other hand is a great product.

By the way, I hope your company will look into carrying other Indian shishas and jurak products.

I don't buy the stuff about nicotine and in the past i've but up stuff about studies dealing with how it's the sensation of smoking rather then the chemical components of tobacco smoke that are habit forming. In any case, given that anti-tobacco research is so seriously flawed and blatantly biased some carefully reading will show that the dangers are radically over stated. Still, I guess when the prohibitionist movement bans tobacco or makes to expensive to buy a lot of us will be smoking soex all the time. personally, i'd rather go without smoking if I can't get a lot of enjoyment from it.
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:51 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

I've read a lot of bad reviews about Soex. But I've never tried it myself. My friend actually got a free sample with his hookah purchase, and he told me that it wasn't bad and that he liked it. I'll try it one of these days...
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:06 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Soex Lemon-Lime is the shit. Also, as Gabirel said, there are some excellent flavors in there as well. They have over 30 flavors, so you guys will more than likely end up liking at least one.

If you don't like Soex straight, acclimate yourself to it. Mix some Soex into your normal tobacco and see what that does. I know people who have done this to get away from the tobacco because they wanted to "quit" and they are now full SOEX/Black Label smokers. Its all about letting your body and allowing your mind to adapt to something new.
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

A few things that have occurred to me:

1) Why is Soex herbal?
2) Why should anyone assume that smoking spent sugar cane is some how less harmful then tobacco?
3) Outside of the government/tobacco prohibitionist movement forcing us to abandon tobacco against our will why smoke something that doesnít taste very good or have decent texture when compared to virtually any shisha on the market?
4) What is the benefit of smoking something without nicotine given that nicotine is not carcinogenic nor addictive? Given that no one becomes addicted to nicotine patches or gum and serum levels in smokers peak a few minutes after the start of a session it seems pretty clear that the method of delivery (i.e. the process of smoking) is what is habit forming rather then any chemical component of tobacco smoke.
5) Given that shisha has negligible tar content (if any) and that water serves as an excellent mechanism to filter solids like tar why should we assume that smoking spent sugar cane is better then tobacco?
6) Given that the flavour of Soex is pretty sub-standard and short lived (although not actually bad in my opinion) why should I dilute the flavour of something I actually enjoy smoking by mixing in Soex?
7) Given that even the horribly biased and methodologically flawed ( but widely praised ) Surgeon General report of Ď64 found no public health threat from cigar and pipe smoking why should we assume that smoking mixtures of glycerine and flavouring of various sorts mixed with equal parts ( or less ) of tobacco or spent sugar cane will somehow be more harmful when filtered through water? Off hand I can only think that the higher CO levels are worrisome but even that has a lot to do with pipe size, coal type and smoking methods.

I donít expect much in the way of answers to questions above because in the end we are talking about the marketing of a product designed to circumvent the anti-hysteria so universal these days rather then promote a product that is actually safer to use. Given that smoking is first and foremost an aesthetic pleasure I donít see the point of the hobby if the sensations of taste and texture are diminished.
Old January 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
OBY
Hookah Newbie

I was reading up on Nicotine the other day and noticed that they said that Nicotine makes you cancer fighting cells not work.... Thats why when people get cancer from smoking it is a bitch to fight it...

I think Soex is the wave of the future and can't wait to try it out.
Old January 8th, 2008, 12:32 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Maybe... They just need to make it have kick-ass flavor and i'm down.
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:08 AM
biasasaja
Hookah Newbie

im currently smoking soex-lime and lemon with lemon juice inside.
its not that great to be honest... im smoking thise because i dun have any tobacco yet :P hasnt arrived and this soex comes with my new shisha.. o well
overall... its alrite for a non tobacco shisha but the taste is just.... not too good...
Old January 9th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBY
I was reading up on Nicotine the other day and noticed that they said that Nicotine makes you cancer fighting cells not work.... Thats why when people get cancer from smoking it is a bitch to fight it...

I think Soex is the wave of the future and can't wait to try it out.
No idea where you read that but i've a mountain of stuff to the contrary. If you actually examine cancer data you'll see that socio-economics have a lot to do with it and in fact the controls are pretty lousy. You should read the Colby on on the subject. It's on line and i've posted the link to it before.
Old January 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Dr. Atkins
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I don't buy the stuff about nicotine and in the past i've but up stuff about studies dealing with how it's the sensation of smoking rather then the chemical components of tobacco smoke that are habit forming.
Yes. Nicotine itself is not a particularly addictive substance... it's nowhere near comparable to caffeine.
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
cashmere868
Hookah Nut

yer its well easy to get hooked on caffeine, its only social/peer pressure, that mgets you to smoke cigarettes, and you have to have a fair few before you become addicted.
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

At least caffeine benefits your memory though. It does take a toll on your sleeping habits.

Nicotine and caffeine and don't think can really be compared.. They both have Psychotropic effects and euphoric qualities, but i think caffeine is a much more active stimulant than nicotine.

I would say in regards to everyday human consumption, Caffeine is more addictive because it is in many foods we eat and drink.

Nicotine can do a number on your body though, it feels like a hang-over when you get too much at once. Terrible feelings of nausea.
Old January 19th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I don't think caffeine intake ( assuming you don't do something crazy like eat a bottle of viverian daily) is a problem as it's a pretty weak stimulant so assuming you lead a normal, active lifestyle and don't eat tons of junk like most Americans do then it shouldn't be an issue. Like wise nicotine in and of it self is simply not a problem when used in moderation. Again, those of us interested in this sort of thing need to read the research with a critical eye and a fairly decent understanding of study design issues.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
drewskadoo
Hookah Nut

ive smoked cherry smoke is thick, taste is perfect, and no sticky MESS! , haha but the down side doesnt compare to tobacco brands but its still the healthy way of smoking but you still get some of the side affects cause smoke is still bad ahha !
Keep on smoking!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Hehe well I wouldn't say "healthy" since no form of smoke you inhale is good for your lungs lol.

Eh, I don't think I'll try soex any time soon...From what I've been reading, It seems like it would never compare to the real stuff :P
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Green_Jacket
Hookah Newbie

Personally, i've always maintained anything like this is a matter of choice. If you like it great, if you don't great. Its entirely up to the person. When people start smoking Narghile (as with drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes) they accept the risks and do something they enjoy(after-all some people do genuinely enjoy alcohol and tobacco from more of a connoisseurs perspective, not just a chemical and physical addiction), hedonism I've always believed leads to addiction with ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING. If people are making things up to justify what they're doing then they are simply lying to themselves. At the same time if people are making things up to slander alternative opinions etc then equally they are lying to themselves. Lol actually commenting on SOEX, i'll have to try some other flavours aside from grape, that wasn't to my liking but hey like i said its all about preference. Phew! rant over! Haha.

Regards

Salam
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:34 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Hedonism always leads to serious problems and doubly so with the young so you are right about that. I favour being informed about the risk to yourself and others which is why I put up so much stuff about smoking research. As to smoking spent sugar cane the reality is that it is not herbal and no one has shown it's any less less risky then tobacco. Now i've shown more times then I wish to recall that the risks of tobacco smoking have been radically overstated and the second hand smoke stuff is total crap. Nonetheless, it is a substantial risk so smoke in moderation, avoid inhaling and follow the other things i've mentioned mentioned and above all read up on the matters of research methods i talk about.

Frankly Soex is for avoiding as the sessions it can give is at best mediocre. If you are going to take the risks associated with smoking stick with the good stuff.
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:19 AM
drewskadoo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
Hedonism always leads to serious problems and doubly so with the young so you are right about that. I favour being informed about the risk to yourself and others which is why I put up so much stuff about smoking research. As to smoking spent sugar cane the reality is that it is not herbal and no one has shown it's any less less risky then tobacco. Now i've shown more times then I wish to recall that the risks of tobacco smoking have been radically overstated and the second hand smoke stuff is total crap. Nonetheless, it is a substantial risk so smoke in moderation, avoid inhaling and follow the other things i've mentioned mentioned and above all read up on the matters of research methods i talk about.

Frankly Soex is for avoiding as the sessions it can give is at best mediocre. If you are going to take the risks associated with smoking stick with the good stuff.
he does have a point what is the difference from smoking a sugar cane from tobacco i think the reason is that tobacco has been in the world forever and people are able to research and review on it all the time and make some things fake to make people stop and they say that its bad for you but today in this world its all brain washing everything is bad for you i guess i heard that running is bad for your heart aint that some bull shit sorry for my french haha . But herbal smoking is kind of knew to the hookah world and give it a couple of years they will have the real truth of it then just its herbal and less riskier then tobacco .But on the real its your body your lungs smoke what you want but we all die someday but dont smoke too much cause you dont want that day any time soon believe me.
Pack Your Bowl. Coal Your Bowl. Smoke Your Bowl.
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:04 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

My friends wanted to try this stuff so I ordered a 3 pack of 50g's. I got blueberry, lemon-lime, and mintos. I'm afraid to try this stuff lol. The smell of the mintos is like breathing into a jar of vicks vaporub, the lemon-lime is like an industrial floor cleaner, and the blueberry is the closest to normal lol. I hope the flavor doesn't attach itself to my hookah.
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:43 PM
kas123
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to kas123

Can you only get Soex on the internet?....Because I want to try it.
Old March 29th, 2008, 01:02 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

if you live in the US i'll send you the rest if we dont like it lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook