Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Facts And Truth About Soex 100% Tobacco Free Herbal Hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 29th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Yamin
Hookah Nut

Default Re: The Facts And Truth About Soex 100% Tobacco Free Herbal Hookah

I'd try soex... if I didn't have to pay for it. Trying new things is always a risk, if Kamal made me throw up twice, no telling what Soex will do to me.

I'm not prepared to spend cash on something I have never tried and the odds are I will not like it.
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM
petalfaery
Hookah Newbie

I am 31 and have never smoked. However, I was keen to try the hookah so I tried the AF shisha. I'm still not very good at the actual smoking of the hookah but it's early days. However, I have ordered many different flavours of Soex and High Life so I will be happy to let you know my opinion. Obviously I am not experienced enough to do reviews but I can let you know my thoughts as I'm new to all kinds of shisha smoking. We're not even sure if we're getting everything right at the moment, we only got our hookah a couple of days ago and it's all trial and error
Old March 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM
kas123
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to kas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
if you live in the US i'll send you the rest if we dont like it lol
Nope....I live in the UK.
Old April 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM
erufiku
Hookah Newbie

I love the title of the topic. "The facts and truth", "100% tobacco free herbal", wow there are two half-truths (or half-lies) right there. Personally I tried some Soex, bought three flavours and ended throwing it all away after one session. The aftertaste was just too much for me, as well as the mediocre flavour that got spent really quick.

I'm really getting disillusioned with Exotica Imports at this moment. First the poor customer service and childish behaviour regarding one of the products, now posting on public forums and trying to push half-truths to promote their products. Me and my wallet will go elsewhere methinks.
Old April 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM
ThatTrevorGuy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ThatTrevorGuy

I personally have never smoked hookah for the nicotine. Hahah getting a buzz doesn't even come across my mind. I have been smoking since I was 14 and dipping since I was 16. I'm 18 now and so yeah...I've had nicotine in my bloodstream constantly for years. I hookah solely for the taste and relaxation. I really hate all this tobacco banning going on. Now I'm all for soex to make more money as everyone should be in their business but I hope I do not have to resort to soex. I much rather prefer tobacco flavor over the soex.
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:50 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by erufiku View Post
I love the title of the topic. "The facts and truth", "100% tobacco free herbal", wow there are two half-truths (or half-lies) right there. Personally I tried some Soex, bought three flavours and ended throwing it all away after one session. The aftertaste was just too much for me, as well as the mediocre flavour that got spent really quick.

I'm really getting disillusioned with Exotica Imports at this moment. First the poor customer service and childish behaviour regarding one of the products, now posting on public forums and trying to push half-truths to promote their products. Me and my wallet will go elsewhere methinks.
I'd agree with you that calling Soex herbal is silly but hey, you know how marketing goes. As to Exotica I think they make great coals and what little i've heard about them in terms of service has been pretty good.

Personally I hate the taste of every Soex product i've tried and black label is no better. Still, it seems that some people love that sort of stuff although I never saw the point.
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:51 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

Exotica has decent coals, but they're too bulky for my needs.
Old May 1st, 2008, 07:45 AM
wolfstar
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
Exotica has decent coals, but they're too bulky for my needs.
I've heard some silly things in my time but that takes the cake, 1kg of Exotica is no bulkier than 1kg of any other coal. It even takes up less space than alot of other natural coals because of the square fingers enabling it to stack with no air space in the box.
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

No, cutting them up. I despise having to make the marks, then having them snap unevenly.
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Exoticas aren't even worth buying. You have to take a chance with every purchase, hoping they will be OK to smoke. They have always cracked and splintered.
CocoNara are always perfect, never splinter, are made of renewable resources, are perfect sized, much less bulky.

Actually, i don't know why people don't just use CCN exclusively.
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:53 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Exoticas aren't even worth buying. You have to take a chance with every purchase, hoping they will be OK to smoke. They have always cracked and splintered.
There was a whole story about that and Gabe will tell the story for the umpteenth time but he assured me problem is solved and that i have only newset.latest/greatest that everyone raves about.
I like them as I am using them this very second.
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I beg to differ. Saying that Exotica's aren't worth buying is a crock. If you haven't tried the new batch then how can you judge? I'm still smoking from the original batch before they became insanely popular. They are the best coals I've ever used, period. I know all about the bad batch (es), but to say they aren't worth buying is horse crap. I have used nearly 5 boxes of Exoticas, at 4 pieces per stick that's nearly 500 coals and I had 3 count them 3 coals splinter or crack on me, and each time it was due to leaving them on the coil burner too long. I don't want to argue about it, I'm just stating my opinion.
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:31 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

And that makes sense. Yet every single box I have had except the first one has literally been total crap. Including the box that was sent to me for free from Exotic Imports themselves. Maybe the new batch isn't complete and utter shit. Hopefully they stepped up their game.

Ohh and I think this Coal Discussion thread jack is legit.. i mean, it's Soex.

Last edited by ZenSilk; May 1st, 2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
mr 138
Hookah Newbie

I live up in canada, were yes, indeed, all we can find up here is soex
luckily I have this arabian undergroung store near my place, where they sell Nakhla an El Nakhla ...of course because of the shitty law we got up here the price of it is like 15$...But I am willing to pay the price. I have tried soex many times and many flavors. To be honest, they all have the same after taste. The first 10-15 min is decent ...but then it turns into a weird taste
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook