Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

can smoke shops plz get more variety?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:08 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: can smoke shops plz get more variety?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I guess you never actually read the post about why we don't mention such things. I would hope that you have but it's evident to the contrary.

If you go to the site there is one product that is available to browse. It's a product that even the name of is banned from posting on this site. That should tell you something. If you are not allowed to link to sites selling such things why should it be acceptable to post about them at all? There is nothing ignorant about making sure we are not mistaken for a community that supports such things?

Have you looked at the public ban announcement thread? Look at the reasons. Notice a trend? Look familiar?

I go to lots of smoke shops of varying types. I have no issues avoiding those kind of shops. All of those around me are true smoke shops rather than ones focusing on illegal substances. I don't go to them because to do so would associate me with the illegal activities they promote. The exact same reason we don't discuss such things on the forums.
He put the name and address of a business, not a link. Not everyone has the same views and values on this website, some of us actually enjoy these kind of shops and their products, including tobacco.
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:21 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Alright, My local shops carry few of the following:

Main Street Tobacco

RYO/MYO tobacco, Cigars, Havana, Fantasia, Afzal, Soex, Starbuzz, Layalina, Golden Layalina.

Another shop carries only Layalina, Jewels, and King Moassel.

The only other shop that sells hookah tobacco sells EXCLUSIVELY Epic Smoke in 50g jars.

A hookah bar downtown sells 50g packs of Al Fakher. And a cigarette discount store sells pumpkin hookahs and Rosetta hookah tobacco.

I must order all Nakhla, Tangiers, etc... online.

As for hoses/hookahs, Main Street carries the AF hookahs at SEVERELY marked up prices (AF Solid is 299, I feel sorry for the poor sucker who buys that...) Hoses just are basically synthetic leather Mya hoses and a few Syrian-style hoses.

Kansas City- Fehuck Ewe!

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:25 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post

Kansas City- Fehuck Ewe!
Atleast you have good bbq!
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:27 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
He put the name and address of a business, not a link. Not everyone has the same views and values on this website, some of us actually enjoy these kind of shops and their products, including tobacco.
The only problem was that it should of been put as just a tobacco shop, not the actual name. It's just a forum rule, and when people don't respect it, they get banned. I'm sure that Mad_Hatter meant no harm by posting it and I think that both Kalu and Sui were a little harsh, yet respectful in their argument.

When it comes to tobacco shops, sometimes if you are desperate for shisha/coals/whatever, you have to wade through that crap to find the gold.

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:27 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
Atleast you have good bbq!

If you're willing to get shot for it.

Old November 21st, 2009, 06:03 AM
x 0hookah0 x

Shop near mine sells Nakhla,Al Fakher, Km's, loada hoses and all sorts lol. no PHUNNELS OR VORTEX THOUGH >.<
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:40 AM
ShishaFreak
Banned

The only problem with online shopping, is that if i only want a can of shisha, i have to pay almost as much in shipping as i do for the shisha!

I mean, selection around here is pretty much crap, but id much rather pay 18 bucks for it than 15 plus 10 for shipping.
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:44 AM
ShishaFreak
Banned

I think what a lot of people dont realize, is that some of us dont have the luxury of buying from shops that ONLY carry hookah items. The fact is that where there are hookahs, theres bound to be NHT pipes also.

We in fact, do not have a single store around here that carries hookahs and no NHT.
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Thank god I live near a lot of places that carry hookah stuff and to the OP you live in cali which is where most of the hookah suppliers are =/
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I've never heard of a store that only carries hookah items. Most of the time, shops carry glass and hookah stuff. The place in my area, Aztec Highway, carries a great selection of Tangiers, AF, Nakhla, Fantasia, Tonic. What they do is they split up the sections - the front section is for clothes, hookah stuff, e-cigarettes, and a humidor - the back is for glass.
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Yeah, I know what you guys mean. I wish someone would have the gumption to open up an all hookah store, but the fact of the matter is in KC, not a lot of people smoke hookah regularly. Sure, they'll go out to bars once in a while, but when it comes to the premium tobaccos and accessories, it's just not profitable.

Here's a story I think a few have heard:

I walked into my normal shop (Main St. Tobacco), which carries massive amounts of hookah stuff with some glass on the side. The guy I usually talk to considers his knowledge of hookah to be vast. Well, he's wrong. I asked about Nakhla. He said it was crappy, no flavor and that he would never carry it. I asked about Tangiers. He said he had 1 flavor and that it was BBQ. I asked about Funnels, he said that he had used the Havana ones and they suck and he will never use any other bowl than his three headed bowl. I asked his favorite brand of shisha: AFZAL. I asked about vortex bowls, he said he had never heard of them. He said that Egyptian hookahs were the worst hookahs made because they were shoddy welds and they never smoked well. He said his prize hookah is a Mya Obelisk. by now, I'm about to throttle him, when he offers to smoke some Desi Murli with me. All was forgiven through that 1 hour we sat in the front window and smoked. I really don't care for that shop just because of the fact that they are all cigarette snobs, not hookah connoisseurs.

Old November 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post
If you're willing to get shot for it.

ROFLMAO I cant stop laughing!!!
Share with your friends on facebook