Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Exotica Coals

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Exotica Coals

Man I have been through quite a few boxes of these and they arent getting any better. I know there was a problem and Gabe pulled all the afflicted boxes. The first 2 boxes I had I could score the stick on 1 side and snap it with my fingers. Then I ordered a case and every box in that case is almost impossible to score and break, I have to use a friggen saw to cut through the stick. I even tried to score the stick on all 4 sides nice and deep with a huge hunting knife and it still wont break. Anyone else have this problem? I have 1 full box and 1 box minus the top row of coals left and I am so frustrated I broke oout the quicklights last night.

Billy
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:22 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Default Re: Exotica Coals

Its weird as we have received no other complaints regarding the coals. We assure you that the is nothing wrong with our coals.

THE COALS ARE MADE TO BE STRONG. THAT IS THE THING WITH EXOTICAS and that is the reason old batch was puled off the racks as it was not hard. Exotica is known for being hard. IF YOU WANT COAL THAT BREAKS, EXOTICA IS NOT THE COAL FOR YOU. Exotica is only going to get stronger and not weeker. Hard Coal is Good Coal. That is what we want. That is the way coal should be.

Old January 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I understand what you are saying but you cant put a whole stick on an egyptian bowl. You have to be able to break them into smaller pieces to use. I also noticed that if you use too large of pieces they tend to split down the middle and you end up with 2 long pieces. Was just a question to see if anyone else had trouble breking them into useable sized pieces, thats all.

Billy
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Honestly the thread above insults me. I can not believe I got a complaint for having the perfect coal, a strong coal. WoW. As stated, our coals are only going to get better and stronger and less breakable, and as stated before, if you dont like good coals, please do not use Exoticas. If you want coal that lasts, quality, uncrackable, unbreakable, come to Exotica.

Enough said and what a bad way to start the day with the comment above....
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Best way to break the coal is as follows:

Cook a stick of coal
Once coal is cooked, place in a coal pan or on the tray of the hookah.
Get your tongs and tap the coal where you want broken. Best results, 1/3 or 1/2

Get 2 pieces of the coal and place it on the hookah
Sit and smoke
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Wasnt meant to offend, I simply stated my personal experience with the coal. I will be happy to video tape the process so you can see what it is doing. I never said it wasnt the best coal out there. I simply stated it was frustrating to get them to break into useable pieces. Hell I use to sell your coals and touted them as the best coals ever made. I think you have taken this thread totally the wrong way. I am not here to bash, just looking to see what others have to say or if I need to contact you about a bad batch. Chill dude.

Billy
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticImports
Best way to break the coal is as follows:

Cook a stick of coal
Once coal is cooked, place in a coal pan or on the tray of the hookah.
Get your tongs and tap the coal where you want broken. Best results, 1/3 or 1/2

Get 2 pieces of the coal and place it on the hookah
Sit and smoke
Thanks for the tip, I never thought of doing that. Thats what I was hoping to get out of this thread. I didnt intend to offend you Gabe, I totally respect you and your business.

Billy
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Grow some muscles cupcake!! Hahaha, just playing Husky!

I have been breaking mine by hand lately, into thirds, without score marks ... but they are really strong and take a lot of convincing to break. They still work fantastic for me, I haven't had any "lit" coals break in half sitting on the bowl, like I have had happen in the past with some of my Diamante Coals. I guess that is because they are made so well. But yes you do need to break them into more manageable pieces. When I am scoring a stick into quarters, I will use a hack saw and score two sides of the coal and that seems to work well.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:43 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Thanks for the clarification:

The reason I got upset is because when we had the bad batch, people hated it because it was breaking in pieces and everyone was used to the hard coal. We pulled those off the shelves and made sure that all batches are tested daily to make sure the coals are good before distributed. When we saw the comment above, yes we took it as a bash due to the fact that someone is stating something is bad when it is made to be that way. It is like telling xyz brand of Tobacco, the tobacco is too wet and tastes too good.

No hard feelings bro. Just want to tell you that if Exotica is unbreakable, that is a good thing and not bad. If you can snap Coal by your fingers, then that is bad coal

Sorry for the defense attack. If something is bad, I admit it, but when something is good and talked negative when its supposed to be that way, I take offense. My bad...
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Its all good man, no negatives here, just was wondering if everyone had a hard time snapping them. Liek I said the first 2 boxes snapped easy. If the formula has changed to make the coal toougher to break then thats cool, I totally understand. I have fun cutting them with my electric saw anyhow, I hardly ever get to use it I use Exoticas exclusively, I have QL's around in case of emergencies. I love your product and still tout it as being the best on the market hands down.

Billy
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:59 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Thank you. I appreciate it and as stated, sorry for the misunderstanding. Other than that one bad batch we had a few months ago, they have always been hard to cut which means the coal is compressed the correct way and we didn't rush to release the coal. Just one of many secrets Exotica has. Please let me know if you have any questions or email me anytime. Thanks

Gabriel
Exotic Imports USA
LetsHookah.com
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I always have a time breaking the Exotica's.... I can snap the Dyinimtes (I can never spell that brand - LOL) by hand, but not Exotica's. In ways it's good, but it's annoying to hunt down the hacksaw to cut some coals.

And your tip is good... but I never use a whole stick at a time, 2/3'rds only. After they are 3/4'ers out, I'll light up the remaining bit if I still want to smoke (which is only every other bowl - Exotica's last when nursed). Otherwise I save them in a zippie. I hate wasting coals, may seem cheap of me, but I have to order EVERYTHING online... and I'm cheap
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:17 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

my dentist seriously hates me ever since exotica made the coals harder.
Old January 4th, 2008, 09:48 PM
anddy
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
Umm, I dont get it.

Just wondering, why don't they make the coals already in smaller pieces? (not specifically Exoticas). Is it because some people may prefer to use a bigger coal, or maybe they'll be weaker and easier to break if small? I never understood it.
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
I totally get daedras sense of humor, he is saying he breaks the coals using his teeth!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anddy
Just wondering, why don't they make the coals already in smaller pieces? (not specifically Exoticas). Is it because some people may prefer to use a bigger coal, or maybe they'll be weaker and easier to break if small? I never understood it.
I think it is a manufacturing thing. They are formed that way.

Old January 4th, 2008, 10:41 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Exoticas are the Best hands down. With all new products, there will be a few things that need to be tweaked...but as of yet, using them for my personal use and selling them, I have no complaints and probably never will.

Good job Gabe
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I agree Jimmy! I really like the Exoticas ... I use them 90% of the time!

... I can't wait to see whats next! I know there are some other coals in the works!

Old January 5th, 2008, 01:39 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I agree. I got a sample recently and they are hands down, the best finger coal I've tried.
Gabe, I have 2 words for you,-SILVER TABS, ....please!
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:36 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

i heard it couldnt be nuggets because someone else had something like that out already.

as for the silver tabs i believe gabe said he was working on that and a QL version, maybe just the QL version
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:54 AM
HookahETC
Banned

You guys will all see What Exotic Imports has in store. I am most excited because I kinda in a way get sneak peaks because Im a vendor. Anything out of EI is hands down top of the line quality....well...atleast the stuff THEY make 8)
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:19 AM
ExoticImports
Vendor

Thanks guys...!! Yes we are working on alot of things. Jimmy, did you ever get a chance to try the silver sample I had sent a month ago, well the whole concept changed Ill update you. Regarding the reason why we never did cubes or smaller pieces, each hookah uses a different size charcoal as well as each person prefers using different sizes. ie: I use 2 - 1/3 pieces of Exotica Coals on my hookahs. One on each side of the head. I have heard some people cut in 4's and others n half depending on the size of the head....

Looking forward to your replies. BTW, as stated, we remastered the silver coals and the quoting we are using is chemical free. It will be silver and a few other secrets but all natural Promise you will all love it. It seems silver is goig to be part 2 of Exotica which will be released followed by everything else one by one. Now Im on the forums as well as my vendors will all update you guys on upcoming events...

Thank you

Gabriel
Exotic Imports
LetsHookah.com
The Home Of Exotica Coals
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticImports
Thanks guys...!! Yes we are working on alot of things. Jimmy, did you ever get a chance to try the silver sample I had sent a month ago, well the whole concept changed Ill update you. Regarding the reason why we never did cubes or smaller pieces, each hookah uses a different size charcoal as well as each person prefers using different sizes. ie: I use 2 - 1/3 pieces of Exotica Coals on my hookahs. One on each side of the head. I have heard some people cut in 4's and others n half depending on the size of the head....

Looking forward to your replies. BTW, as stated, we remastered the silver coals and the quoting we are using is chemical free. It will be silver and a few other secrets but all natural Promise you will all love it. It seems silver is goig to be part 2 of Exotica which will be released followed by everything else one by one. Now Im on the forums as well as my vendors will all update you guys on upcoming events...

Thank you

Gabriel
Exotic Imports
LetsHookah.com
The Home Of Exotica Coals
So do you use them without cutting them? My batches can be scored with the serrated saw part of a pocket knife and then snapped pretty effectively. i have only ever had one 1/4 piece break in half the long way, but that actually made me realize how well these coals are really made. The get heat all the way to the center in about 7 minutes or less, and to me that's not short of amazing.

If they keep getting harder, i guess i'll have to start working on my karate chop.
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Gabe I tried them...and liked them. I actually gave 1 stick out to a good customer of mine that comes to the store fronts to buy tobacco from me. He liked them as well. He returned and asked what the hell they are, and I told him, "If I told ya, Id have to kill ya" LOL. Muahahahahah

Good job Gabe, keep me updated on the new Hookahs you got coming! Woo-Hoo!
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I always score my Exoticas on 3 sides with a knife with small saw-like serations. I then put my thumbs under the unscored side and break them. They are a little hard to break but i love them. I use 1/4 stick on an Egyptian bowl and 3/4 on a small super chief. Plenty of heat and out of nearly 200 sticks I've used only 3 or 4 1/4 stick pieces have broken length wise. I believe that is caused but over heating the coal when lighting. I use a coil burner and leave each side of the coal on for maybe 1-2 minutes each. I only light 3 sides. They last a long time and are awesome.
Share with your friends on facebook