Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Improving Auto Seal hookahs.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hookah Enthusiast
Default Improving Auto Seal hookahs.

I got to thinking about the auto seal system a minute ago replying to another post....and decided to share a modification with y'all.

The auto-seal system is really eat in concept, but it has its draw backs. Most folks find them to be very restrictive when drawing smoke. Heres something you can do.

1. You can take of your auto seal hose connection and remove the bearing, you will see an orifice there that can be drilled out even wider.

Use smaller bits and work your way up, making the hole wider with each bit ( That way you dont accidentally bore it out more than you want.)

Additionally, you can bore out the little holes in the hose connector itself, you should find 3-5 holes in the bottom of the connection that you can widen or even add additional smaller holes to improve flow through that area as well.

I ended up just taking and drilling out a hose connection to make one big hole.... this will do away with the auto seal on that connection all together... but it does make it smoke a lot better.
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Hookah Guru
Default Re: Improving Auto Seal hookahs.

I guess it's time I dig out the drills and do this to my Engineer. Neat picture there Lake
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Send a message via AIM to HookahETC
Default Re: Improving Auto Seal hookahs.

This is a good point Lake. Very nice way of showing people how to do it. Maybe this can be stickied in the "How To" section.

One thing that makes me wonder is...the Syrians I work with have Autoseal built into the Hose port, which screw on and off. So there really is nothing you can do to the actual hookah its self. The Hose port usually has 4 small drilled holes. They are probably the size of the smallest drill bit I got. But you cant make it any bigger cause there really isnt space. What to do what to do. lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook