Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Brands I don't know about

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Brands I don't know about

I have heard about some moassel brands that apparently are pretty popular in the Arab world that I know nothing about. I am guessing they are Gulf based brands but I am not sure. Anyway, one is called Al Afandi, another Al Baraka and the last a brand called Petra. Any input on these brands is welcome.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 11:56 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Brands I don't know about

I've seen a few of those brands around on the web.No clue bout how they are though...I'd like to try some new brands too
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:39 AM
kiper7
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to kiper7

I tried Al Baraaka. It is also called Jannet El Fawakeh - 0,2% nicotine from India. Very cheap stuff - similar quality to Al Waha. I didn't try other makes which you post and never heard about them ;P
I hope it helps
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Jannet El Fawakeh tobacco

http://www.barakatobacco.com/

The manufacturers of this Moassel and this:

JURAK DALHA WAJID

MOLASSES TOBACCO WITH NATURAL FLAVOURS USED FOR SMOKING IN HOOKAH,SHISHA,NARGILE AND WATERPIPE
USING NATURAL FLAVORS AND MODERN PACKAGING TO PRESERVE THE FRESHNESS AND FLAVORS OVER MORE THAN TWO YEARS ENHANCE OUR PRODUCT.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Interesting about Jannet El Fawakeh being the same as Al Baraka. I saw some in a grocery store and I thought I recalled the packing looking different but it could be the same thing in any case. I have tried some Jannet El Fawakeh and it struck me as a typical gulf style moassel but with a better cut. Still, that was a while back and I haven't had much of of it so I suppose I shouldn't jump to judgment. Still haven't found out anything about Al Afandi or Petra but then I haven't had much time to pursue the matter. Hopefully someone here will know something.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Moasel Manufacturers in Jordan

Moh'd & Zaki Sehwail Co.Moasel Bisan Tobacco
Jordan

Seasons For Tobacco Molasses Supply And Manufacturing Company
Jordan

Sibai Factory For Moassal
Jordan

Middle East For Tobacco Co.
Jordan

Intl Tobacco & Cigarette C.
Jordan

Emad Eddin Factory Tobacco.
Jordan

Al Raqi For Sweated Tobacco &. Tobacco Packing
Jordan

Customer: Starbuzz Tobacco Inc. (last shipment included "Tobacco "Ocean " & 1500 Packages (1000 Ctns & 500 Barrells) Virginian Tobacco Mixed With Honey An...")

Al Faraneh Factory For Tobacco.
Jordan

Abu Shaban Tobacco Factory.
Jordan

Eastren Tombac & Tobacco Est
Jordan

Customer: Al Amir Imp. Exp. (last shipment included "Al Afandi Molasses 50 Gr ( No. Of Cartons: 5 / Net Weight: 3 0 Kg / Gross Weight: 40 Kg Al Afandi..

Two interesting Customers here
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

there is a ton of stuff on alibaba.com but it looks like we'll never see it because it's so obscure.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Moasel Manufacturers in Jordan

Moh'd & Zaki Sehwail Co.Moasel Bisan Tobacco
Jordan

Seasons For Tobacco Molasses Supply And Manufacturing Company
Jordan

Sibai Factory For Moassal
Jordan

Middle East For Tobacco Co.
Jordan

Intl Tobacco & Cigarette C.
Jordan

Emad Eddin Factory Tobacco.
Jordan

Al Raqi For Sweated Tobacco &. Tobacco Packing
Jordan

Customer: Starbuzz Tobacco Inc. (last shipment included "Tobacco "Ocean " & 1500 Packages (1000 Ctns & 500 Barrells) Virginian Tobacco Mixed With Honey An...")

Al Faraneh Factory For Tobacco.
Jordan

Abu Shaban Tobacco Factory.
Jordan

Eastren Tombac & Tobacco Est
Jordan

Customer: Al Amir Imp. Exp. (last shipment included "Al Afandi Molasses 50 Gr ( No. Of Cartons: 5 / Net Weight: 3 0 Kg / Gross Weight: 40 Kg Al Afandi..

Two interesting Customers here
I've been saying I don't beleive SB is made in the US for years now. Good to see some solid proof finaly!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:53 PM
flutterbi
Hookah Nut

Soooo many shisha so little time if i could i would try it all (Except Soex Bombay won't put that in my hookah).
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

I want to try the Bahaza brand moassel made by tobacco kingdom lovers in Baharain
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:43 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Found a supplier with Petra Tobacco here in South Africa will get some on the 5 Jan the Tobacco comes from Jordan will check on the carton for the manufacturer.
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:46 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Found a supplier with Petra Tobacco here in South Africa will get some on the 5 Jan the Tobacco comes from Jordan will check on the carton for the manufacturer.
nice 1 glos!
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:13 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I've been saying I don't beleive SB is made in the US for years now. Good to see some solid proof finaly!
My guess would be that this represents their hyponosis line which is made in Jordan. I've actually been to where they mix/package SB and it's in Southern California.

Pardon the OT...

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:52 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
that is false advertisement, they get their tobacco from jordan in loose bulk, then add the flavoring and package it in the US. yes, SB is BS. but it's ok once in awile.
Old December 31st, 2009, 02:36 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
that is false advertisement, they get their tobacco from jordan in loose bulk, then add the flavoring and package it in the US. yes, SB is BS. but it's ok once in awile.
Wouldn't it be more cost effective to purchase the tobacco right here w/in the US. Unless that isn't possible because most tobacco farms are directly owned/operated by the cigarette companies.
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:44 AM
Crown Hookahs
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to Crown Hookahs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
Wouldn't it be more cost effective to purchase the tobacco right here w/in the US. Unless that isn't possible because most tobacco farms are directly owned/operated by the cigarette companies.
But then you couldn't claim "made in jordan" since you're not using jordanian tobacco

Also some of the best tobacco in the world is grown in Connecticut. Not that that's really relevant but a its a fun piece of knowledge.
Old January 1st, 2010, 06:51 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
Im pretty sure that the US taxes might make buying some resources from home less cost effective than out sourcing. Not 100% if it includes tobacco grown/sold to manufacturers.
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:44 AM
hookahslisk
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
I want to try the Bahaza brand moassel made by tobacco kingdom lovers in Baharain
Let me see if I can hunt some of this down. I live about 30 minutes from Bahrain. If I can find it and it is good, I'll bring some to the states next repat vacation and share it.
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:17 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
Im pretty sure that the US taxes might make buying some resources from home less cost effective than out sourcing. Not 100% if it includes tobacco grown/sold to manufacturers.
It just seems to me that they would tax the shit out of imported tobacco before they would the stuff grown here. This way it levels the price field for the added expense of being grown here.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
I'd like to hear what you get get and how it turns out. Petra is a brand that a lot of Arabs seem to know about yet seemingly where ever I am it's not. Apparently a mate will be bring by a couple of kilos worth for me to try out so hopefully it'll workout.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
I suppose what makes it false or not has to do with the American content laws for purposes of tariffs and that is something that varies a lot by product type and the truth is that I don't know enough about tobacco regulations to know if SBs claims are true or not.

My understanding is that SB uses Virginia leaf grown & cured in Jordan which is then washed, cut ,boiled, flavoured & packed in the states. I suppose someone in California could pop into the plant and see what exactly they do there. I wouldn't however be surprised if SB is wholly made in Jordan as a way to beat tariffs and sold to Arab kids in the Middle East that like sugary, chemical laden junk since as PT Barnum once said "you can't lose money underestimating the public's taste."

Frankly the topic is of little interest to me since all the super highly processed stuff is made basically the same way and it all is insipid junk.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
Bahaza is a decent product and if you like a modern, Gulf style moassel I think you'll find it's one of the better products around. Personally that sort of thing isn't all that appealing to me very often and honestly I think that Salloum makes the best washed maossels around since they are more natural tasting and less candyish. Still, Bahaza is pretty good but hardly anything out of the ordinary.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
all the super highly processed stuff is made basically the same way and it all is insipid junk.

Preach, Hajo!

Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:12 AM
ravio
Hookah Newbie

i've actually tried petra before. I bought it from a store near campus that had it. It was priced around al fakher if not a little less but I tried sweet melon or melon flavor and it was pretty good. sort of like a less sweeter version of nakhlas sweet melon and with less harshness? but it came in this weird tub that reminded me of peanut butter jars lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook