Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

******* hookah QL vs 3 king

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 24th, 2009, 12:07 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Default ******* hookah QL vs 3 king

so the only place to get things around here is a tobacco store but there is only 2 in town and they carry 3 king QL coals, i like them but the taste and the "QL" about them normal takes about a min after lighting to fully light and thats with blowing on them.

So my question is should i ditch the 3 kings and take up ******* hookah QL cause i have heard great things from them and i think i would like to try them but i dont have the cash for some right now

what do you guys think?? ditch or just deal with it??
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:11 AM
wesclrg
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: ******* hookah QL vs 3 king

i like the CH QL's but they smell awful when lighting so i would suggest lighting them outside. other than that they are the best QL i have used.
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:14 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

only QLs I've used are the ******* Hookah QLs.. they are great.. ash alot.. but still great coals...
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:16 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
only QLs I've used are the ******* Hookah QLs.. they are great.. ash alot.. but still great coals...
All true, its either these or nats for me.
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:17 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

yeah the 3 kings ash ALOT so im use to the ash
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:19 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
All true, its either these or nats for me.
yep yep... im actually out of coals... im hesitating.. either i buy some exoticas at my local shop or place a order... hmmmmmmmm
Old November 24th, 2009, 12:34 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

CH QLs are the only quicklights. The rest dont exist in my universe.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
JiX'
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
yep yep... im actually out of coals... im hesitating.. either i buy some exoticas at my local shop or place a order... hmmmmmmmm
don't do it hatter! its not worth the pain of ashing out those coals >_< lol. my shop charges a $1 per brick for exoticas. which reminds me i need to place an order for new coals or im in the same predicament. sigh
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Quote:
i would get a little thing of exoticas to hold you over and order cause where i live it takes like 5 days for anything to come in lol
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:15 AM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycleboy3190 View Post
so the only place to get things around here is a tobacco store but there is only 2 in town and they carry 3 king QL coals, i like them but the taste and the "QL" about them normal takes about a min after lighting to fully light and thats with blowing on them.

So my question is should i ditch the 3 kings and take up ******* hookah QL cause i have heard great things from them and i think i would like to try them but i dont have the cash for some right now

what do you guys think?? ditch or just deal with it??
I have personally not had good experience with the ******* hookah coals. I tried both the "naturals" and the quick lights. I thought the naturals would replace cocos since they were cheaper to buy at my local store, but they are most definitely less compressed than cocos. I'm almost positive they burn out quicker and the cocos ashing seems to be unsurpassed. I really can't get passed the odor the ******* QL's give off.

I give all coals a fair chance and try to use them regularly for at least a few weeks before I make my decision. I buy cocos and three kings in bulk. This is my opinion though, everyone's hookah technique is a little different so maybe it depends.
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
CH QLs are the only quicklights. The rest dont exist in my universe.
Quoted for truth. I have found that anything coconut based is better then wood based. I got a roll of 3kings QLs a week ago, I used it 4 times then threw the rest away, the taste was unbearably strong and overpowered the shisha tenfold. I tried some natural japenese style coals and they were okay but still had some coal taste to them.

I now only use CH QLs beccause they are affordable, have decent stamina (45mins-60mins), smell good when lighting (reminds me of 4th of july!), and finally and most importantly they don't add taste to the shisha. I can almost promise you that if you get some CH coals you will think your shisha was replaced with 10x better tasting shisha. On the side of ashing I have to say CH nats make me a sad panda, they burn off into very fine, powder like ash that is takin up by the slightest wind and also gets easily sucked into the foil . But the CH QL's ash tends to be in chunks and doesnt even come off of the coal until I grab it with my tongs, and even then it falls off into clumps that are too heavy to move enless you blow on them hard and nothing goes into your foil .
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Midas97
Hookah Newbie

I have both currently, I use the three kings QL's with an egyptian style bowl, as I feel round coals are more well suited to them, and I use three of the ******* hookah QL's with my large tangiers phunnel bowl. I would strongly suggest using the larger three kings coals, as opposed to the smaller ones, as they ash better and can heat a considerable amount of the shiisha in your bowl due to larger surface area. The ******* QL's take a lot longer to light than the three kings when using a regular lighter. I don't notice any taste difference when I use the CH QL's on my egyptian bowl.
Old November 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
rlynge
Hookah Nut

I have never used the CH quicklights but have been using 3k's for about four years and I have never had a problem.

Old November 24th, 2009, 08:10 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

The CHQLs odor i only sense when it is initially ignited, and since I do not light and smoke in the same area, I dont notice this flavor on the palate so much.

Because of their size, shape, affordability, stamina, and flavor, I buy them.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Im not a big fan of the CH QL's. I bought a box, and they arent very good IMHO. I only use CH nat's. I stopped using QL's completely.
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:44 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

CH QL's are the best lighting in my opinion. They do smell quite a bit, but after they light they are good to go.
Old November 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas97 View Post
I have both currently, I use the three kings QL's with an egyptian style bowl, as I feel round coals are more well suited to them, and I use three of the ******* hookah QL's with my large tangiers phunnel bowl. I would strongly suggest using the larger three kings coals, as opposed to the smaller ones, as they ash better and can heat a considerable amount of the shiisha in your bowl due to larger surface area. The ******* QL's take a lot longer to light than the three kings when using a regular lighter. I don't notice any taste difference when I use the CH QL's on my egyptian bowl.
Also a good point, FYI it's probably best suited to use some sort of torch lighter for the CH QL's.
Old November 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

The short answer is yes.
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

i can only get 3 kings at my local shop but im ordering som CH Ql's tomorrow once the black friday sale starts
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

When i use CH QL i get a terrible head ach after the round i dont use 3kings cuz i dont get them in the uk but i use golden flash which i feel i dont get a headach from

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook