Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I am very happy with Hookah-Shisha, but I am not happy with my hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 5th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Razore
Hookah Newbie

Default I am very happy with Hookah-Shisha, but I am not happy with my hookah

I recently got the ivory tower hookah, with the heba diffuser and alot of extras.

I set it up, perfect water, nammor hose 2.0, kiwi-strawberry starbuzz, al-ajdad coals, foil, and the diffuser.

it was hitting better than any hookah ive ever seen.
the bad part was we all got buzzed super early
and i puked from being dizzy.

Is it because the diffuser was on or what? I have smoked ALOT of hookah in my life and ive never gotten lightheaded or dizzy, but none have had the diffuser.

It hits like a dream, but I cant take it.
How do I make the buzz less?
Ive had a headache all day and i puked twice
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:49 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC
Default Re: I am very happy with Hookah-Shisha, but I am not happy with my hookah

Dont smoke fast. Take breaks between puffs. Use less heat. There are alot of things that can regulate whats going on.
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:28 AM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

Default Re: I am very happy with Hookah-Shisha, but I am not happy with my hookah

Smoke a little slower and also make sure you have food in your stomach and also have something to drink while you are smoking.
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:33 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

one thing i always make sure to have on hand is plenty of Sprite. best thing ive ever drank while smoking hookah, it stops my buzz from becoming too overboard so i end up with a nice mellow buzz
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:02 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

a diffuser will do nothing to any buzz or an increase of co2. it may have been hole placement, heat, wait time between hits, have you eaten or not, tobacco (doubt this since it was SB), if you are getting/are/where sick, well really so many factors. since you said you had a headache all day and puked twice it seems like co2 poisoning so it was smoking too fast, hole placement, or heat
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Razore
Hookah Newbie

well, the day started with me putting an intake on my car, and i was test driving it after and I saw the UPS truck and i followed him and got my package. I was super happy and went straight to my buddys house and we lit it up.

i hadnt eaten since 8 pm the day before and it was around 1, so maybe it could have been that. Also, we used like 2/3 of a stick of Al Ajdad coals. Maybe we used too many. Plus, we had a heat screen on it(the giant aluminum one).

Ill eat first and put on less coals today, and ill see how it goes.
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Make sure your coals are lit completely before using them. Place them on the bowl and just let them sit for 4 to 5 minutes. Then when you take your first hit, it will be nice and easy with a good amount of smoke. That way you won't have to hyperventilate trying to get your bowl to start smoking. Hope that makes sense? Check out my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_BCJ1xOQTE it will explain it a little more.

Ok, two other things ... Make sure you eat something before you smoke, don't smoke on an empty stomach. The other thing is to "slooowww it down" ... don't get to overzealous with your smoking. Breath some fresh air! Don't put the hose in your mouth like a pacifier ... also try having something like juice, tea, or water while you are smoking it is helpful and enjoyable as well.

Hope that helps!?

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Yea use less coals, and place them on the very edge of your bowl...as far away from the center as possible. Also like Samb said, make sure they are burned through. Also when you put them on your bowl...let them sit for a few minutes and toast the tobacco. If you start smokin as soon as you put them on...it'll ruin the tobacco (if its flush against the foil) and ruin your lungs as well
Old January 5th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razore
I recently got the ivory tower hookah, with the heba diffuser and alot of extras.

I set it up, perfect water, nammor hose 2.0, kiwi-strawberry starbuzz, al-ajdad coals, foil, and the diffuser.

it was hitting better than any hookah ive ever seen.
the bad part was we all got buzzed super early
and i puked from being dizzy.

Is it because the diffuser was on or what? I have smoked ALOT of hookah in my life and ive never gotten lightheaded or dizzy, but none have had the diffuser.

It hits like a dream, but I cant take it.
How do I make the buzz less?
Ive had a headache all day and i puked twice
If you get sick when smoking you're doing something very wrong. I suggest you read the following:
http://www.hookah-life.com/events_3.htm and change your smoking style accordingly. It would be very unexpected indeed if your problems are result of some basic problem with your rig. Typically, only small rigs cause problems with sickness and even then a bit of care in setup and smoking methods should still give an ok session.
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Razore
Hookah Newbie

Haha, thanks for all the advice guys.
I also was sitting there doing what we call "getting it started" basically hyperventilating until it hit in clouds. Hahaha, maybe I was just too anxious to use my hookah for the first time.

Old January 5th, 2008, 03:11 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Just remember liquids and air and you will be fine.

Except when smoking Tangiers.. then you just get blown away no matter what.

Ohh, and Starbuzz... The buzz is non-existent, and if you have a buzz it's from your dirty coals, you can smoke Starbuzz for hours on end.
Old January 6th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Razore
Hookah Newbie

Are Al Ajdad coals generally considered dirty?
Old January 6th, 2008, 02:45 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

those coals are pretty good actually, they are natural coals but round unlike exoticas. i have used them before with great success and actually still have some of a bag of them. bad thing is the bag was open so they are probably wont lite the best.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook