Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Id like to try Tangiers shisha but,

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 25th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Jerickg
Hookah Newbie

Default Id like to try Tangiers shisha but,

I dont understand the difference between the lines, and what acclimating is? I hear that shisha is temperamental but in what ways?
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:10 PM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Id like to try Tangiers shisha but,

I guess I could just do the search for you..

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...light=tangiers

Old November 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Depends on your version of temperamental! It's pretty damn hard to burn for example, but I guess you're referring more to its preparation.

I've never tried the Lucid line but if you're like most western hookah smokers that's probably the line you'd be most interested in since it requires no acclimation and is a washed tobacco. (The other stuff will knock you on your butt!)
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
Depends on your version of temperamental! It's pretty damn hard to burn for example, but I guess you're referring more to its preparation.

I've never tried the Lucid line but if you're like most western hookah smokers that's probably the line you'd be most interested in since it requires no acclimation and is a washed tobacco. (The other stuff will knock you on your butt!)
Lucid is a good idea if you want to get your feet wet.
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
Lucid is a good idea if you want to get your feet wet.
I don't recommend dropping your tobacco.

I wouldn't call Tangiers temperamental, it's more moody than anything. I find it smokes better when I sing some Jodeci to it while packing it into a bowl, well except for Kashmir Peach. KP likes to be forked in silence. It was kinda awkward at first but I eventually got used to it.

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Jerickg
Hookah Newbie

Woops, I meant moody in its preparation. But then again, I live in San Diego so I don't think it would get too moody with me. I just havent found time to get to Eric's lounge + had a lot of trouble finding it.
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerickg View Post
Woops, I meant moody in its preparation. But then again, I live in San Diego so I don't think it would get too moody with me. I just havent found time to get to Eric's lounge + had a lot of trouble finding it.
http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_f1p5w3
there you go =3
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:15 AM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherno83 View Post
i think hes referring to actually finding the place. you can easily miss it if youve never been there.
Old November 26th, 2009, 01:41 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhoy0 View Post
i think hes referring to actually finding the place. you can easily miss it if youve never been there.
Its pretty much a hole in the wall from what I've heard. Would never realize its a lounge from the outside.
Old November 26th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Luna_Enigma
Hookah Newbie

I went there a few months back was well worth the trip, finding it is a little difficult, but don't let that discourage you.
Old November 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Jerickg
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for all the help, I gave the place a call but they didnt open till late and I was busy yesterday. I honestly thought the location its self had closed but since it isnt I will make my way over there as soon as I get the chance
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:59 PM
SOLEJDM
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to SOLEJDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhoy0 View Post
cosign. i drove by it multiple times before i actually found it
and jerick, you should let me or jowie know and we can always have a SD meet up there again LOL
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:08 PM
JDShisha
Hookah Nut

i dont get why all tangiers lucids taste more like cream soda then their flavours lol, any takers?
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:06 AM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLEJDM View Post
cosign. i drove by it multiple times before i actually found it
and jerick, you should let me or jowie know and we can always have a SD meet up there again LOL
I actually had to have jdm here go outside and wave me down for me to find it. it was intense because there are hella cops driving on el cajon that night. tryin to hit that quota.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:31 AM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Noir has a somewhat strong tobacco flavor to it, but also more "normal" flavor and smoke than any other brand. Also, this needs to be acclimated, which can be a pain in the ass.

Lucid is without the strong tobacco flavor, but still with a shitload of smoke and flavor (yet, less than noir). This doesnt need to be acclimated, and doesnt last as long (but still longer than anything else). Lucid doesnt needs to be acclimated, though.

And f-line i quite fairly dont know anything about - except that its caffeinated, and is supposed to give one hell of a buzz.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
Bogalu
Banned

In my opinion, people WELL over exaggerate tangiers temperament and need for acclimation. When I buy tangiers I'll open the package, load a bowl without ever getting a min of acclimation time, and let the rest of the package sit out in a container opened up allowing air to hit it. Whenever I'll go to the kitchen I'll mix the tobacco up to help acclimate and keep doing so for a few hours. Prolly 5 or 6 hours will be good. Tangiers NOIR is the ONLY tobacco I smoke, It is amazing. Don't let other peoples stories and bad experiences discourage you. Try it for yourself and make your decision then. My recommendation for the first time order of tangiers is Chocolate mint or Lemon. They are amazing and will utterly surprise the crap out of you with the intense flavor that is dead on to the description. Good luck.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

It has always been a pain in the ass for me .. more finicky and temperamental than any brand out there. You have to jump through hoops and have the planets aligned just perfectly to smoke it and even then you aren't guaranteed it will have consistent taste. But don't take my opinion of it .. go ahead and try it yourself. If you come on here saying it is harsh or smells like BBQ the fan boys will jump in and give you lots of ideas to try to make it work for you. Good Luck!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
It has always been a pain in the ass for me .. more finicky and temperamental than any brand out there. You have to jump through hoops and have the planets aligned just perfectly to smoke it and even then you aren't guaranteed it will have consistent taste. But don't take my opinion of it .. go ahead and try it yourself. If you come on here saying it is harsh or smells like BBQ the fan boys will jump in and give you lots of ideas to try to make it work for you. Good Luck!
QFT!

Don't let other peoples stories of magical bestest session eva encourage you.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
Bogalu
Banned

Lol I cant lie, I've had 2 bags of 250g bags of tangiers that tasted like BBQ, and not a good BBQ, it tastes like dirty burnt BBQ chicken. Those 2 flavors were Watermelon and Cooling. As long as you stay away from those you should be good.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
Lol I cant lie, I've had 2 bags of 250g bags of tangiers that tasted like BBQ, and not a good BBQ, it tastes like dirty burnt BBQ chicken. Those 2 flavors were Watermelon and Cooling. As long as you stay away from those you should be good.
It is nice to hear the truth once in a while

I have had a couple that tasted like BBQ (vanilla, kiwi, watermelon, blueberry, juicy peach). I have tried some of the Lucid line (watermelon and strawberry) and both had a very light BBQish smell mixed with a light sweet smell. They had a taste to them, but it was light and not watermelon or strawberry .. just had a very light sweet taste to them .. and I stress light!

Give em' a try though, I don't want to discourage anyone from trying them. I am just offering up my opinion. I got sucked into the hype years ago about how awesome Tangiers is .. and then I try it numerous times and it is a let down every time! With the exception of orange soda, it had moderate flavor, nothing to cause angels to sing.

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old December 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Bogalu
Banned

I've had a good vanilla and a slightly BBQ vanilla too, along with a slightly BBQ juicy peach. Maybe its the flavors you've been trying. I've never had kiwi or blueberry so I cant vouch for there flavor. I can say that it sounds like Watermelon, Cooling, Juicy Peach, and Vanilla have a bad BBQ taste to them a good amount of the time. So be careful when purchasing those flavors because you may end up with BBQ. Try some chocolate mint or lemon NOIR sambooka and then tell me you don't like tangiers.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Why should I try again after all those negative experiences though? When there is Nakhla Choc/Mint and Al Fakher Lemon or Nakhla Lemon or even Hookah Hookah Lemonade?

Maybe one of these days I'll give it another try. Till then, I'll stick to what I know is consistent

Thanks for the recommendations though!

Old December 2nd, 2009, 02:50 PM
Bogalu
Banned

Its all good. All I can say is I've had chocolate mint and lemon in almost all the other brands that offer those flavors and tangiers isn't just better then them, it slaughters them! Plus tangiers just effects you differently then other tobaccos, its just amazing. So just think about it next time your putting in an order for tobacco, tangiers might just surprise you.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:17 PM
SloppyJoe
Hookah Newbie

Tangiers is made extremely consistent. It's inconsistent only if you don't know how to smoke it. I never have any problem with any flavors. I smoke lucid and noir. It's simple to get to work really. Just has a learning curve to about 500g of the stuff. Once you have that down you won't be disappointed. Tangiers has flavors and blends no one else has. It has the best cut imo. A nice thick cut and it's not easy to burn. It has the most endurance of any tobacco that I've seen yet. In a large tangiers phunnel the non-harsh, non-BBQ tasting awesome flavor/clouds will last me for a good 8 hours or more. I can also leave the shisha in the bowl and just pick up where I left off the next day. I've been smoking hookah over a year now and I don't see it being that hard at all to get it to smoke great.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
SloppyJoe
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogalu View Post
Its all good. All I can say is I've had chocolate mint and lemon in almost all the other brands that offer those flavors and tangiers isn't just better then them, it slaughters them! Plus tangiers just effects you differently then other tobaccos, its just amazing. So just think about it next time your putting in an order for tobacco, tangiers might just surprise you.
+1 to that brother. Tangiers is really great stuff. I don't think anyone else has a good pomegranite flavor or a cherry flavor that kills all others. No one has a static starlight flavor and non have any kashmir flavors. They also don't have caffeinated lines. Non other has a washed and unwashed line in the same brand. No other tobacco company has a president whom listens to his customers about his products as intensely as this one does.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook