Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Id like to try Tangiers shisha but,

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: Id like to try Tangiers shisha but,

I smells some fanboys.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
SloppyJoe
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I smells some fanboys.
I suppose you could say that. I love nakhla just as much. Especially the mizo line I can't get enough of mizo guava, mizo watermelon. I suggest doing a mix too if you like nakhla. It turns out to be better than summer solstice which is a tangiers guava/watermelon mix. Good stuff indeed. The layalina that I had was pretty good to. Can't say I'm only a fan boy.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

It is inconsistent for me .. and taste and smells like BBQ .. "To Each His Own" .. I am entitled to my opinion

You know what I just realized? You have 5 posts and all mention Tangiers and you even created a Tangiers Group .. In case you can't see I am ::rollllinnngggg my eyes::

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

and yeah .. lol .. I am sorry but I agree with Dunkel .. I smell a fanboy at work

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
SloppyJoe
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
It is inconsistent for me .. and taste and smells like BBQ .. "To Each His Own" .. I am entitled to my opinion

You know what I just realized? You have 5 posts and all mention Tangiers and you even created a Tangiers Group .. In case you can't see I am ::rollllinnngggg my eyes::
Your right. Sorry about that. It's just your opinion and really everyone has there own. Ha it's actually why I disagree with reviews in general. Really, everyone has a different experience. Haha I didn't know I had that many posts. Only the 3rd time I logged on.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
SloppyJoe
Hookah Newbie

And fanboy or not. Everything I said is true either way you look at it. It was a bit uncalled for. To each his own as you say. I suppose if I'm going to be here I should look into threads where I can disagree with things I don't like and agree with ones I do.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:27 PM
confuciusFinn
Hookah Newbie

Location: Cincinnati, OH, in the summer, Springfield, OH, during the school term

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to try tangiers. I just can't understand the polarizing nature of this shisha as I've never heard anyone say that it was just "good" or "ok".
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuciusFinn View Post
In the next couple of weeks I'm going to try tangiers. I just can't understand the polarizing nature of this shisha as I've never heard anyone say that it was just "good" or "ok".
Me personally .. I don't like it

Polarizing? .. nah, it is more of a lot of hype from fanboys and new Members that venture over here from another forum where the maker of Tangiers is a Moderator. You can go to that other forum and see about a gazillion threads talking about Tangiers. It has become his home base for promoting. PM me if ya want, and I will provide you with the link. Sadly most of the questions are "How do I smoke this?" or "It is harsh, what am I doing wrong?" or "It smells like BBQ?" etc. I got caught up in the hype when I first started reading forums. Whata let down

Go ahead and try it out though .. I am a firm believer you should try everything a few times. We all have different opinions.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I just have to say, whether or not you have a vast amount of experience with tangiers or not, you will have a BBQ tasting batch once in a while. I think certain flavors are more prone to developing this taste defect then others. I personally believe the more simple the flavor, the better chance it has to break down into this bbq flavor. For instance, watermelon and cooling are very simple flavors that I've had break down into bbq, so maybe thats the problem. So after understanding and loading AMAZING bowls of tangiers, you cant tell me that its my fault that the tobacco tastes like BBQ, because its not. I mean it even smells like BBQ before you even smoke it. So this is something all tangiers smokers will probably encounter once or twice in there endeavors into new flavors. I have to say though, when you do have a good flavor, and it hasn't broken down into bbq, its the best smoking experience available... hands down.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuciusFinn View Post
I agree lol, seems like everyone either hates it or absolutely loves it. I'm the latter.

I think we can all agree that having to acclimate and pack the bowl perfectly etc is a pain in the ass, but I gladly do it considering how much I enjoy the product.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
senorHeff
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Me personally .. I don't like it

Polarizing? .. nah, it is more of a lot of hype from fanboys and new Members that venture over here from another forum where the maker of Tangiers is a Moderator. You can go to that other forum and see about a gazillion threads talking about Tangiers. It has become his home base for promoting. PM me if ya want, and I will provide you with the link. Sadly most of the questions are "How do I smoke this?" or "It is harsh, what am I doing wrong?" or "It smells like BBQ?" etc. I got caught up in the hype when I first started reading forums. Whata let down

Go ahead and try it out though .. I am a firm believer you should try everything a few times. We all have different opinions.
They seem to help most people getting it smoking right, myself included.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
I agree lol, seems like everyone either hates it or absolutely loves it. I'm the latter.

I think we can all agree that having to acclimate and pack the bowl perfectly etc is a pain in the ass, but I gladly do it considering how much I enjoy the product.
But I think people make a very valid point when they say why should we have to go to all that trouble? For what we pay for Tangiers it should be ready to smoke right out of the bag and not have to be packed a certain way and a certain bowl used to enjoy it.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
senorHeff
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
But I think people make a very valid point when they say why should we have to go to all that trouble? For what we pay for Tangiers it should be ready to smoke right out of the bag and not have to be packed a certain way and a certain bowl used to enjoy it.
Are you saying you pack every type of shisha the same? Because I know myself, and alot of others dont.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
BIGPOPPA

Tangiers is the only one that requires it to be packed differently, all others Ive only had to sprinkle it in the bowl.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
senorHeff
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Tangiers is the only one that requires it to be packed differently, all others Ive only had to sprinkle it in the bowl.
You should try packing Nakhla in a phunnel sometime, smokes great
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
BIGPOPPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorHeff View Post
You should try packing Nakhla in a phunnel sometime, smokes great
Done it, yes it does smoke great.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
BIGPOPPA

LOL man the fanboys are really coming out of the woodwork lately.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
LOL man the fanboys are really coming out of the woodwork lately.
*Waves*

I'd like to propose that newer members use HP for the great library of reviews that it maintains and come to their own conclusions. Every brand has its winners and losers. I think everyone can agree on that. What hits and what wins is completely different between two people. Read the reviews and decide for yourself...I've never gone wrong with any brand that way.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

Taste is a subjective thing. What tastes good to some of us does not taste good to all. It's no reason to hate. I've only ever tried lucid tasty peach, and I quite enjoyed it. But it did have that shitty barbeque undertone.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Codeman

Wow - this thread got ridiculous in a hurry. To each their own - nobody's opinion is wrong, it's just their opinion. Signing onto the forum just to shout your support for one brand and bash another brand or another person's opinion is just pathetic (TANGIERSROCKS and shalalow). I foresee a ban in your futures.... A friendly GTFO to both of you

I was looking forward to receiving and acclimating my first batches of Tangiers tonight, but apparently my package just got to ride around on a FedEx truck all day instead. It was "out for delivery" at 7:30 this morning and is now scheduled for delivery tomorrow... and still on the truck. Oh well...
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

Well as its been said... to each his own... But I may get off topic but don't want to make another thread like this, just a quick question for the lucid smokers. Even if its very similar to washed tobaccos, I have trouble of keeping it not harsh for the entire bowl. It seems that after 20-30 minutes its impossible to take long drags. I use two coconara's, a phunnel and a QT with double normal foil and a windcover. Is it just too much heat? I take off the coal but they are so small by then that one isn't enough but the bowl itself is harsh, I take it out and puff it but its still harsh, maybe by then I burned the tobacco? Anyways sorry for the massive change of topic and would appreciate any tips.
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Has anyone had success smoking Tangiers out of a vortex bowl? I figure it's a given that Tangiers should be smoked out of a "Tangiers" phunnel bowl..
Old December 4th, 2009, 02:35 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejacobson View Post
Has anyone had success smoking Tangiers out of a vortex bowl? I figure it's a given that Tangiers should be smoked out of a "Tangiers" phunnel bowl..
I've only smoked it in an Egyptian-style bowl and it's still my favorite I've tried. Hope that helps.
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Bogalu
Banned

I've had HUGE success smoking tangiers out of ANY bowl. I particularly like smoking it out a pyrex vortex because the spire isn't as wide and has the intake holes closer to the bottom so that when you smoke it has to take the heat through the tobacco instead of just skimming over the top. I've just seemed to notice that the tobacco is more thoroughly cooked after a session when using a pyrex vortex. Although I've just broke mine "they are EXTREMELY fragile" and I'm using a clay vortex now. The metal vortex isn't too bad to but it discolors almost immediately after the first few uses and I don't know if this oxidation or rust is safe to smoke from. I pack my pyrex differently then everyone else though, so as soon as I buy another, which will be in a couple weeks, I will put up a demo video for all to watch.
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM
SloppyJoe
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejacobson View Post
I haven't tried it myself as I only own Egyptian and Phunnel bowls. But the ones who have tried it say the holes in the vortex get clogged pretty fast. I'm sure it will still smoke in the bowl either way.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook