Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

big smoke clouds possible with the leila? (w/ video)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 28th, 2009, 08:52 AM
kawa90
Hookah Newbie

Default big smoke clouds possible with the leila? (w/ video)

As the title suggest, are big smoke clouds possible with the leila?

As I'm interested in buying one and hoping that hookah-shisha.com ships to the UK, as I can't seem to find any UK retailers selling them.

Anyways, so I was interested in finding out the amount of smoke clouds that a leila can generate. Having looked at the review that sambooka made (excellent and in-depth review might I add) I wanted to find out more videos, when I came upon this on YouTube:

anyone that has a leila, are these smoke clouds possible from such a small hookah?

Thanks in advance with any replies

Last edited by MrBungle; November 28th, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Default Re: big smoke clouds possible with the leila? (w/ video)

Sambooka (the lord of the forums) has a video on the Leila that has over five hundred billion views, I'd check that one out as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yGL26aK_4c

It's actually over 50,000 views but that still makes Sambooka e-famous.
Old November 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
kawa90
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the reply, but I've already seen Sambooka's review.
Old November 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Dee
Hookah Pro

I don't have any experience with the Leila however I would think you should be able to get big clouds out of it if you put enough heat to the bowl. I have a Mya Petite which is a very tiny rig and can get big smoke out of it. Big clouds have more to do with the tobacco and the amount of heat. I might be concerned with putting too much coal inside that thing. I think I read some of the reviews on hookah-shisha.com that said the unit itself couldn't handle a lot of heat. Here's one..

Quote:
When I first got my Leila, it was perfect. Great smoke and cool design, the LED sets it off for the night just right. Unfortunately, the heat from the coal melts the adhesive on the heat sheild! The plastic beneath it will seperate from the metal and becomes useless. Thats not even the worst part, give your hookah some time ( mine about 2 months smoking every two to three days ) and the plastic seal that holds the hose to the pipe will break. The heat, smoke, and water will swell and loosen the seal, totally destroying the pipe. Since the seal cannot be refit after it has been damaged. A $1oo.00 pipe, now it's just a night light.
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

In other reviews of the Leila people mentioned that it could hold half a quick light or a little more but if the amount of heat surpassed that, the plastic inside Leila would melt. It's bowl is rather small also so the hookah itself is designed to give a decent smoke for 45 min and without the ability of customizing the bowl or hose, used only when there is a lot of movement, such as in a car, that a Mya Qt or any other small portable hoookah is not safe to use.
Old November 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
kawa90
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for all the replys, I would imagine that the smoke clouds wouldn't be that big aswell. Sambookas review at the very end of the video clearly showed the smoke clouds it could produce even in doors with no wind.

Thanks dee for the heads up on the review, If it costs $100 and doesn't last long enough for its money, then I don't think it's worh it.

I thought I could use the Leila on long car journeys.

Are there any other alternatives that are suitable for use in car and that produces a decent amount of smoke clouds?

Thanks for all the help!
Old November 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
kawa90
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezingwar View Post
In other reviews of the Leila people mentioned that it could hold half a quick light or a little more but if the amount of heat surpassed that, the plastic inside Leila would melt. It's bowl is rather small also so the hookah itself is designed to give a decent smoke for 45 min and without the ability of customizing the bowl or hose, used only when there is a lot of movement, such as in a car, that a Mya Qt or any other small portable hoookah is not safe to use.
It's a real shame that they used plastic because the Leila could've had a lot of potential if it wasn't for the plastic components. For $100 I would've expected more to be honest.

Possible they could improve on this with a Leila 2?
Old November 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
flutterbi
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa90 View Post
It's a real shame that they used plastic because the Leila could've had a lot of potential if it wasn't for the plastic components. For $100 I would've expected more to be honest.

Possible they could improve on this with a Leila 2?
That would be awsome if it weer not for the plastic parts i would definatly pick one up
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

we have one and it's not that great, although we modified ours to take a razan hose instead of the stock one it comes with. for us it was hard to get good heat management down, the bowl is soooo small. a novelty at best imo. a bambino or a qt would be good recommendations that are in the same size range, however i favor the chic but it's more spendy.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook