Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

What is you're hookah history? :O

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 30th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik
Default What is you're hookah history? :O

(SMOKING HOOKAH)
I've been smoking for 3 years. I come from a family of smokers. My mother has been smoking for ~4-7 years.

My god mother has been smoking for 10+ years
My god mothers husband has been smoking for over 18 years!! He now owns a lounge.

Now, for the past few weeks i've been going to the lounge and smoking with him, learning new things and actually liking what i learn.
He gave me some ideas for some upcoming videos actually. Feels good to know that i come from a family of Hookah Smokers =]

tell me how you got into hookah and how long you have been smoking
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
rlynge
Hookah Nut

Default Re: What is you're hookah history? :O

I ran across hookah my Freshman year of college. I was so excited to try something new. I loved it so much that I had to buy my own immediately. That was four years ago.

Old November 30th, 2009, 10:16 AM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

Some jewish friends of mine introduced me to hookah in my freshman year at college... this was 9 years ago
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
daddyhugen
Hookah Nut

well to be honest, my second year of college, i was so amazed that i bought one and loved it since
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Azaki23
Hookah Nut

my cousin introduced it to me 2 years ago.....ive been smoking ever since
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Intrikit
Hookah Nut

was introduced to it way before i should have been lol
been around 4 years now i think...love it.
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Grammaton782
Hookah Newbie

I found out that my Aunt and Uncle had been smoking hookah for about 3+years and that was about 3 in a half years ago. I just recently got into it bout 6 in a half months ago and can't and won't stop for anything!
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
FreshSesh
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FreshSesh

I first stumbled across it when I was in Heidelberg Germany visiting a friend. That was about 4 years ago now
Old November 30th, 2009, 01:14 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I started smoking cigars close to three years ago. I tried western pipes shortly after that.

I had a friend that owned a hookah but he used it for something other than hookah tobacco, so I refused to smoke with him even though the offer was daily. It seemed so nice. Eventually I got to smoke hookah with nothing but tobacco in the bowl and I never looked back.

Bought a three hose rotator from H-S and it treated me fairly well for what it was. As I learned more I realized it's short comings.

I joined this forum and learned some amazing things. I have been an active member ever since and plan on being one for a long time.

Eventually I bucked up and bought a Nour Syrian. Pretty much stopped using the rotator entirely. My Nour is still one of my favorites.

Later I bought my KM Double Trimetal which is still my most recent aquisition.

Last edited by Sambooka; December 2nd, 2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old November 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

My first hookah memory was at a goth event that had a hookah garden set up outside the building. I met my boyfriend (still with him for 4+ years now) there and he showed me how to hold your thumb over the hose so the other person could smoke. Now he doesn't even smoke with me at home! I was wearing shoes so big I could hardly walk in them, causing me to trip and knock over two hookahs. (eep!) Later in the night I sat down on what I thought was a bench, (everything was covered in rugs and blankets) but it turned out to be a table with a hookah on it and I knocked that over, too. Needless to say, it was SUPER embarrassing.

We used to go to Oasis, a local lounge by ASU. The music there was much too loud, and the food was terrible but it was awesome just because they didn't ID me to get in lol.

We got our first hookah (a small chinese)a few months later from a friend. He lived with his parents, who didn't appreciate him smoking, so he just gave it to us. It disappeared in a move a while later, but by that time we had already purchased our second hookah, which was an awesome custom blown glass one made by a friend of ours. It was thin glass, though and it was broken when our cat knocked it over. I went without a hookah for about a year and a half, then I got the one I have now. It's a big chinese, but it smokes well enough for me. I also have a pumpkin that I just got in - I ordered a different mini-hookah but the website I got it from royally screwed up my order so I'm stuck with it. :P

I used the pumpkin in line for black friday, however, which was pretty neat. I've also taken it to work a couple of times now.

Last edited by thefaded; November 30th, 2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old November 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM
TheAverageJoe
Hookah Newbie

No one in my family ever smoked hookah. Being that I was a nice goody two shoes growing up, smoking hookah was my one vice I was willing to do.As I was a freshman in high school when I first started smoking and for close to 8 years I smoked with my friends at this one location... we saw the place go through 5 owners and two re-modelings. My father who was never one to smoke hookah, just cigars and pipe tobbaccy, wound up getting lung cancer and passing away. This wasn't a deterrent for my smoking surprisingly. I Adopted my friends generic Chinese rotator in college and another friend bought a mya qt to leave at my house. over the years I have acquired another hookah (mya bohemian) and made 3 of my own. Though I haven't purchased any I now have 6 hookahs. Out of the 6, surprisingly we smoke the Qt and one of my homemade rigs the most( http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15614 ).
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

To be honest, I've only been smoking hookah since I became a member here, back in September. It has become something of an obsession. I have however been smoking tobacco regularly for close to 30 years. I remember that the first time I smoked, my mother was still alive. She died when I was 10 years old and I'm turning 43 this Friday. I went through a period of brier pipe smoking about 15 years ago and have had an itch to try it again. Never been a big fan of cigars, but I will say I've had a few that I've enjoyed.
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Brutus
Hookah Nut

Well, i started seeing it around parties some 3 years ago.

Then i bought my own and been smoking ever since
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

My brother gave me my first hookah for my 28th bday. I didnt use it very often. It was a cheapy chinese type hookah. It smoked good for what it was though. I still cant find the coffee flavor i had.

I have recently really gotten into it cause i stopped smoking cigs, so i needed an alternative. LMAO
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:12 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Also freshman year in college smoked my first one, went and bought one a few days later.
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Went to a party in high school, saw a hookah there, smoked it. In love ever since.
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

The first time I smoked was at my friend's high school graduation party. Then about 2 weeks ago my and my friends went to a hookah bar/lounge. We loved it sooo much that we ordered a Mya QT and Nammor hose. I can't wait until it gets here!
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:21 PM
carnalnclynatns
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to carnalnclynatns

My father and grandfather were both pipe smokers. Naturally i started smoking a pipe when i as a teenager. I've smoked a pipe for 25 years, and cigars for 20, not surprising, considering i was a professional tobacconist for 20 years. I was exposed to hookah at a Tobacconist trade show and was immediately smitten. That was 11 years ago. Christ, I'm old.

Friggin Eric Hofmann
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:28 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Smoking hookah since I was a sophomore in high school
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:36 PM
CPX
Hookah Newbie

I was first introduced to hookah by my Egyptian friend Nadine back in '99. From that moment on I was hooked.
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:57 AM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywirest View Post
It was on my 21 first birthday. I was a transfer student at Vanderbilt in Nashville and all the friends I had made so far was 20 or younger. They took me to a hookah lounge called tarboosh. At that point in my life I had never smoked before, hell never even heard of it. As soon as I saw a water pipe in a public place, i was in shock, after I took my first deep hit, I was in heaven and have been ever since. Do I regret no getting drunk on my 21st birthday? Not at all, hookah is a lifestyle and I am proud to have discovered it on my birthday.
Word. you dont need alcohol to have a good time
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Bogalu
Banned

I was at a party when I was in High school and seen it there. Smoked it and loved it. I smoked it all the time when I was at that persons party. Loved it since then. Little did I know that hookah got a lot better when you used good tobacco and cleaned your hookah which I soon found out after I bought my own. Either way I must have started 4 or 5 years ago.
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:54 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Smoking hookah and cigars for 5+

Didn't really getting in to hookah's till last year.

The first time I smoked hookah sophomore year of high school at the first party i threw, one of my older friends brought it over
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:10 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

sophomore year in highschool, had a few friends that were 18 at the time and went over to their apartment. i had heard all about these things (they were just getting popular in my town), i tried it, fell in love, got home and ordered a pumpkin, al-waha, and some golden coals. since then i have learned from my mistakes. and now i'm the hookah master of my town.
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

My now good friends, formerly upstairs apartment neighbors introduced me to hookah. At this time (5 yrs ago, I still smoked ciggs) which made me not really like the taste and feeling of hookah. Used to smoke hookah casually with them while playing halo lol. When I finally quite smoking ciggs about 3 yrs ago, I started easing into smoking hookah and it's been a great way to keep my mind off of ciggs and focused on the chill hookah experience.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook