Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bahraini

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 8th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Mukle
Hookah Newbie

Default Bahraini

Hey there! Back in May I was in Israel where I bought a small box of some unknown at the time flavor of tobacco, made by an unknown brand(almost everything was in Arabic). I later figured out it was Bahraini. However it was incredibly sweet and didnt have the Anise flavor most Apple has. Does anyone know a brand that makes something like this?
Mike
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:01 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Bahraini

al waha bahraini has no anise, but there is english text on the box. Post a photo of the arabic text on the box. There are some of us who could translate for you.
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Mukle
Hookah Newbie

between the plane home and sitting around the box is long gone. I will check that out though. Thanks!
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:23 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

also check out al fakher golden bahraini. I haven't tried it personaly, but have heard good things about it. If it's al fakher, it's probably very good.
Old January 9th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

It wouldn't be AF Golden Bahraini Apple, because it has an anise taste. I bought it thinking it would taste like apples but the same old anise taste!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin
also check out al fakher golden bahraini. I haven't tried it personaly, but have heard good things about it. If it's al fakher, it's probably very good.
Old January 9th, 2008, 08:17 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Layalina makes a Bri Apple that's without the typically Anise taste. Af's Esk Apple doesn't have it, but has a slightly different taste (than the Lay Bri Apple).
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Mukle
Hookah Newbie

I did some thinking and then did a quick search and I found a pic of the al waha version. That is exactly what it was and I'm definitely getting some! Thanks!
Old January 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Lately i've been enjoying Moassel Salloum's Bahreny Apple a lot. It's got a realistic apple taste with anise and some floral stuff in the aftertaste. Very natural and complicated.
Old January 10th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

If you are looking for Apple with no anise taste here is a list of a couple that I have found:
Layalina Bahrani Apple
AF Golden Esk Apple
Al Amir Apple
And before you berate the Al Amir because 90% of their other flavors are tasteless just let me tell you, they freaking hit a home run with this one! I love AA Apple, it has a permanent spot in the shisha cabinet now.

Billy
Old January 10th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
Al Amir Apple
And before you berate the Al Amir because 90% of their other flavors are tasteless just let me tell you, they freaking hit a home run with this one! I love AA Apple, it has a permanent spot in the shisha cabinet now.

Billy
I can't wait to try this stuff!!! Maybe tonight!? ALthough I have some stuff to do tonight that may interfere, but if I get that chance I am going to try it tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the sample Billy!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I'd suggest the Salloum Bahreny apple although it does have a anise aftertaste. The reason why is that it has a realistic apple taste and some interesting floral notes in the aftertaste. It's also cheap.
Old January 11th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I'd suggest the Salloum Bahreny apple although it does have a anise aftertaste. The reason why is that it has a realistic apple taste and some interesting floral notes in the aftertaste. It's also cheap.
I found some here, do you know of anybody else that carries it? http://hookah1.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=56

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
Quote:
I found some here, do you know of anybody else that carries it? http://hookah1.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=56
Cool they have Cleopatra too! I have been wanting to try that as well as Salloum.
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

That is a good company to deal with in that they ship fast and they gave a bunch of free stuff. I like all of the Salloum products because they are complicated and not candy like. The flavours are not particularly strong but they last a full hour which is about the best I can give to a session. I love the "plain" salloum the most but I warn you that if you get it you really need to get the setup right as old fashioned shisha is not smoked like the stuff Americans are used to. I'll post an article I wrote about that if anyone is interested.

I've never tried Cleopatra I can't say anything about it. Afzal Pan on the other hand is fantastic in that it tastes like some Indian and Arab juraks but produces a lot more smoke.
Old January 12th, 2008, 01:21 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
That is a good company to deal with in that they ship fast and they gave a bunch of free stuff. I like all of the Salloum products because they are complicated and not candy like. The flavours are not particularly strong but they last a full hour which is about the best I can give to a session. I love the "plain" salloum the most but I warn you that if you get it you really need to get the setup right as old fashioned shisha is not smoked like the stuff Americans are used to. I'll post an article I wrote about that if anyone is interested.

I've never tried Cleopatra I can't say anything about it. Afzal Pan on the other hand is fantastic in that it tastes like some Indian and Arab juraks but produces a lot more smoke.
I'll have a bunch of Afzal reviews up soon. Gabe sent me one muthatrucka' of a care package the other day.
I've tried Cleopatra sweet melon and have to say, it was possibly one of the worst shishas I've ever had, however, the vender I got it from is known for selling dated products.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook