Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

sick from smoking?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:51 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Default sick from smoking?

ok, so for the past like 4 days i have been super sick like 104 fever coughing snezzing sore throut the whole 9 years, but the question is can someone be allergic to a type of shisha because about 4 days ago i went to the hookah bar and smoked something my friend order like pashion kiss our something but idk if it was the shisha or i was sick before cause my head was hurting the day before and i know i didnt get something off the hose cause we used tips so anyone have any ideas
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Default Re: sick from smoking?

probably just a cold, alot of times they start off with headaches, but I do know cheap coals that produce alot of co2 or tabacco with large amounts of nicotine, can give a headache, but nothing would give you symtoms like that, I know once I got sick from too much nicotine and I threw up, its possible that, if you've been smoking for 9 years, and your not smoking now, its withdraws.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:00 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

It could be many things but, one thing I have done is drink a glass of water during your session. It helped my headaches a lot.

Also if your at a hookah bar, mind your tips. My friend smoked there without a tip and got a nasty cold.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:25 AM
jakejacobson
Vendor

It may just been the thing that pushed your cold over the edge. I wouldn't associate the hookah with the illness, but although passion kiss has disapointed me not twice but thrice...
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:48 AM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Sounds like the flu or bacterial bronchitis to me. I'd go see a doctor. If it's a bacterial infection it will only get worse until you get some antibiotics. I'm certain it's completely unrelated to hookah smoking. Allergies don't cause fevers as high as yours. I hope you feel better soon.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

i went to the doctor about 3 days ago and they said it was a sinus infection but they swobed me for strep and it came back N so idk all i know it that it sucks
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:08 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

don't smoke when your sick. it seems amazing at first, but the next day you will wake up feeling worse than you did before. even if you're smoking a jasmine, honey, cardamom, and cinnamon flavor, it makes you feel worse the next day.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:09 AM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Sinus infections are nasty business. I had one several years ago that I let get so bad before seeing the doctor, one side of my face swelled to the point where my left eye closed up. My doctor bawled me out for twenty minutes about hesitating getting it checked out. He said it could have turned into meningitis, which scared me enough to never not take sinus infections seriously in the future.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:17 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
Sinus infections are nasty business. I had one several years ago that I let get so bad before seeing the doctor, one side of my face swelled to the point where my left eye closed up. My doctor bawled me out for twenty minutes about hesitating getting it checked out. He said it could have turned into meningitis, which scared me enough to never not take sinus infections seriously in the future.
im use to them, i get one about every winter but this one sucks like ive been coughing it hurts to talk now
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:25 AM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

Seems like a normal cold/flu. The only 'sick' you'll get from shisha is gonna be a bad tummyache. If you were at a lounge sharing the hose with other people might be the culprit.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefaded View Post
Seems like a normal cold/flu. The only 'sick' you'll get from shisha is gonna be a bad tummyache. If you were at a lounge sharing the hose with other people might be the culprit.
the only thing is that everyone had there own tip
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:39 AM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

then hookah probably wasn't the culprit at all. 'Tis the season - cold and flu season, that is.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:10 AM
andally
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to andally

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicycleboy3190 View Post
i went to the doctor about 3 days ago and they said it was a sinus infection but they swobed me for strep and it came back N so idk all i know it that it sucks
When they swabbed you did they send it to a lab and give the results a few days later or did they give you the results right away? cause the test that is only 5 minutes until results has a 20% false positive... Which is extremely high. So it could be wrong. If your fever is still really high and your throat is hurting epically you should go back! Have someone check your throat for white spots with a flashlight.

I just got tonsillitis the on Sunday. They swabbed me and it was negative for strep, but they also did another swab for the lab to be positive. You could have it and not know if they didn't send the swab to the lab.

As for the puking it could be the nicotine. I quit smoking cigarettes and then chained smoked while driving from PA to MA on Tuesday came back and puked for 6 hours... partially during my physics lab... OOPS... hehe.

I doubt its from smoking with a fever like that... But you should definitely go back to the doctor. You could definitely have strep or tonsillitis...

Feel better!!!
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:17 AM
Burakiosaurus
Hookah Nut

argghh, sinus infections....nasty business indeed, I had one about a month ago, the left side of my face was throbbing and aching for 2 weeks, I was off work for 3 days, on antibiotics, couldn't even play any PS3 so I just watched all the Star Wars films and my Kevin Smith collection.

Get well soon bro
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

I took over management of a lounge a few years ago. Only stayed for a few months...

Here's the thing: I was the first manager, let alone employee who would actually clean the hookahs (Aside from running warm water through them.) This is a lounge that makes an average of $800 a night, $1200 on weekends. Pretty heavy traffic. That's a lot of people putting a lot of mouths on those hoses, and nobody till me ever thought of dipping the hose tips in peroxide after use.

Needless to say, I haven't smoked in a lounge since.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook