Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Noob | a brief 'q&a'

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 5th, 2009, 03:50 AM
konzine
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to konzine Send a message via AIM to konzine Send a message via MSN to konzine Send a message via Yahoo to konzine
Talking Hookah Noob | a brief 'q&a'

Hello Hookahproians! I'm new around here, and I have a few questions maybe some of you can help me out with.

I have never owned, or smoked a Hookah. I recently visited a friend, who did own a Hookah however, and it was a gorgeous piece let me tell you. I wish I would have got the make, but it was a 3 house, I believe Egyptian with an auto lock system.

Now, not knowing HOW to actually smoke a Hookah with tobacco, I did not inhale. I had no idea if I was supposed to or not, if it would get me high.. So I let the smoke that I would draw sit in my mouth for a few moments, and to my surprise the taste was amazing.

I do smoke cigarettes, but am in the process of quitting. I noticed the entire 3 days I was there, I did not have a single cigarette because I was smoking on the Hookah, and let me tell you brothers I did not even want one. Thought never came to mind, even.

So, now that I am home I am looking for a good Hookah in the 100$-150$ range. I've looked around at some websites, but I'm not really sure what to do just yet. I do want a 2-3 hose Hookah, but I also want it to be a piece that is aesthetically pleasing. I would love to be able to see the smoke drawn into the base. Doesn't have to be a white clear base, it can be tinted blue or green, but something along those lines.

Well, here are some questions :

1) Do you inhale? (I feel like a retard..)

2) Does it get you high at all? (Not really looking for this..)

3) Does anyone know of a good, trusted site that sells a Hookah that meets my above criteria?

4) When lighting coals, do I just light them with a match and then let them sit, or do they need a constant flame?

Thanks so much for taking the time out. Again, this whole thing is new to me.

Last edited by konzine; December 5th, 2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:53 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle
Default Re: Hookah Noob | a brief 'q&a'

i would edit your post a bit before a mod comes in here and bans you. any talk of drugs, or anything else other than hookah tobacco won't be tolerated by any of us. i know it's your first post, but you should probably look at the rules.

read these and come edit your post...

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2423

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3780
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:54 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

Location: According to Urbandictionary,"a struggling town on the outskirts of Youngstown"OHIO
Send a message via AIM to timelosthookah

Here goes.
1) you CAN inhale but dont have to
2) High no a buzz yes depending on your tobacco tolerance and the brand of shisha
3)*************.com aka ********** <--uses this sight very nice guy
4)Quicklights can be lit with a lighter naturals need constant heat.
If you have anymore questions let me know ill do my best to help ya =)
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:55 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

Location: According to Urbandictionary,"a struggling town on the outskirts of Youngstown"OHIO

oh and as for your friends hookah im pretty sure its from the Mya if it has auto seal on three hoses
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:56 AM
konzine
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to konzine Send a message via AIM to konzine Send a message via MSN to konzine Send a message via Yahoo to konzine

Wow, thanks for the quick responses guys!

I have indeed edited my post, and thank you for letting me know. Won't happen again.

I will check-out the above site. Is the buzz any different from say a cigarette buzz? You know, the kind that lasts 5-7 minutes.
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:57 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

1) Do you inhale?----Yes your breath in throught the hose just like you would without the hose but slower

2) Does it get you high at all?---if you dont smoke alot you can get a nit buzz

3) Does anyone know of a good, trusted site that sells a Hookah that meets my above criteria?----**********.com hookah-shisha.com, saharasmoke.com

4) When lighting coals, do I just light them with a match and then let them sit, or do they need a constant flame?-you can do eather one if the are quick light coals, if you take a flame to them and they spark its a quick light, and after they spark all the way around you need to let them sit for a little, or atleast until it turns a light white color all around

Old December 5th, 2009, 03:58 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

personally i dont mess with cigs since all my grandparents died from them and my uncle is currently fighting cancer for 5 years from them. but it makes you alittle lightheaded and doesnt last long unless you continue puffing on the hose haha
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:05 AM
konzine
Hookah Newbie

Thanks again. I am digging Johns site, I just don't see any 2 hoses, which is a bummer
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:07 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

check out his section for Mya hookahs. yeah they are small but hit amazing and they can be converted into two hoses with the auto seal hose ports
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:31 AM
konzine
Hookah Newbie

Oh wow, modifications! Would this Adapter fit this Hookah?

Adapter : http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2058-...e-adapter.html
Hookah : http://**********.com/product.sc?pro...&categoryId=22
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:42 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

personally im not sure. im more of a mya guy. so i cant really help on that one but from the looks of it it should
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:51 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by konzine View Post
Oh wow, modifications! Would this Adapter fit this Hookah?

Adapter : http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-2058-...e-adapter.html
Hookah : http://**********.com/product.sc?pro...&categoryId=22

it may fit but will not convert that hookah into a 2 hose hookah that you'd want to use, the purge vale port is much smaller than the hose port and would be a pain to draw through.
Old December 5th, 2009, 05:26 AM
konzine
Hookah Newbie

Good call, I think I found the one Im gonna grab, anyone have experience with this site?

http://www.hookah-life.com/21-inch-m...ic-hookah.html
Old December 5th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Burakiosaurus
Hookah Nut

If you had a $100-150 budget like you said, I would pick up a reasonably priced Khalil Mamoon Hookah, grab some initial 50g boxes of tobacco, some coals, maybe a nammor hose and let the good times roll!

Then you can start looking at other tobaccos by checking out the member reviews, same with different bowls to put your tobacco in and other accessories.
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:04 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

1) Do you inhale? (I feel like a retard..) You can do

2) Does it get you high at all? (Not really looking for this..) High NO, gives a relaxing buzz depending on the tobacco

3) Does anyone know of a good, trusted site that sells a Hookah that meets my above criteria? **********, hookahstore have tones of multi hosed hookahs

4) When lighting coals, do I just light them with a match and then let them sit, or do they need a constant flame? with quicklights you can use a match, but for naturals you will need a open flame or a burner of some sort
Old December 5th, 2009, 08:53 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukshishafan View Post
If you had a $100-150 budget like you said, I would pick up a reasonably priced Khalil Mamoon Hookah, grab some initial 50g boxes of tobacco, some coals, maybe a nammor hose and let the good times roll!
Personally, I recommend a single hose unless you're smoking with large groups. With just one or two people, it's traditional to share the hose.
But, if you're dead set on getting a multi-hose rig, you can be the envy of almost everyone with a KM. These are in your price range and come with an upgraded hose.

http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...hs/index3.html

You'll also notice that most of them have a choice of bases so you can get a clear one.

Old December 5th, 2009, 12:15 PM
bdubb
Hookah Newbie

1. Yes
2. Its gets you buzzed
3. **********.com(great guy and customer service)
4. They just need to get red hot then they do all the heating you need lol.

I just got a KM from ********** and its really nice. But from what I heard(I'm not sure though) the extra hoses need to be plugged while one person inhales. And you probably didn't need a cigarette because most hookah tobacco has nicotine in it
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook