Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

alfakheronline shipping

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 7th, 2009, 12:40 AM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

Default alfakheronline shipping

hey all,

im having a big problem here with alfakheronline.com

to make it short:

took an order the 3rd November
appeared on credit card account 3 days later

usually it takes them a little bit to get here to Canada for some unknown reasons by me, but its all good im used to it now

but this time it was different, its been more than a month now and i didn't received my order yet...

they sent me a tracking number on the 28th November...

then i sent an e-mail to alfakheronline to know what's going on the 28th.. didn't received an answer yet..
i can't call them because my international calling is not working for unknown reason lol..

now i wanna know, what to do when i receive the order? im pretty pissed now because ive been ordering from them since 2 years now and i won't order from there again...

should i call them and ask for a full refund and sent the package back
keep the order but call to ask for something because this is really not normal... ask for some shisha or the shipping cost refund which is like 50$
or just keep the stuff and never order from there again?

btw, i took an order on HJ during the black friday, i will receive the order this week for sure!

anyone had this issue ?

thanks a lot everyone!

MirelZ

But I did have the hookah in the garage and was able to smoke while walking to get the mail
Old December 7th, 2009, 01:42 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: alfakheronline shipping

If you receive the order, the shipping company is at fault, and going to afonline to get a refund for an order that took too long to get to you seems pointless, as it probably costs quite a bit to get it shipped, and will cost more to ship it back.

They sent you a tracking number, so therefore they sent the package out on time. Processing time of 3 days is normal for international orders.

If you don't receive the order, afonline technically doesn't have to ship something to make up for it at all, but most companies will do this as it is good business - also, some companies ship with ups and automatically have up to $100 covered by insurance for lost or damaged packages so they will get the money back from the carrier and then re-ship your item (maybe at your shipping expense).

What could have happened is that your tobacco was caught by customs, is being held, and will be sent to you with a nice whopping customs charge. If you don't want to pay this charge, afonline does not have to accept the package back and you will have to pay it.
Old December 7th, 2009, 01:49 AM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

i understand it takes some time to make the order and sent it to the shipping company, but 25days to do it? i mean come on

Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 28, 2009
International Dispatch, November 28, 2009, 1:48 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Arrival

the thing is they sent the order to the shipping company the 28th or close to that date

But I did have the hookah in the garage and was able to smoke while walking to get the mail
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:05 AM
pcchung
Hookah Newbie

does it contain shisha? they advised me they stopped shipping to Canada since their shisha has been held at borders and not allowed to be shipped.
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:13 AM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirelZ View Post
i understand it takes some time to make the order and sent it to the shipping company, but 25days to do it? i mean come on

Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 28, 2009
International Dispatch, November 28, 2009, 1:48 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Arrival

the thing is they sent the order to the shipping company the 28th or close to that date

Exactly... that info means AFonline shipped the stuff on Nov 28.... that's a pitty....

I think what you should do is to wait for your order to arrive and then mail the company telling you won't do business with em anymore because of this incident.

If they take care of customers, they should apologize with you and send you some freebies, but you should not do business with em anymore.

I think all of the international members should stick with HS or HJ because with those vendors we won't have any problems
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Abyss_
Hookah Nut

Being from Canada myself, i would strongly suggest you to communicate with usps or canada post and open an investigation to track down your package because i can assure you this situation can happen with our wonderful courier service as i still have one pending for a smashed vase they delivered to me along with a bent hookah. Anyhow, i believe usps and post canada has 1800 numbers you can call and if they tell you that they lost the package them tell the news to AFonline and see what they will tell you. Hope that helps...
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

It just sounds like the problem is not with AFOnline at all. Once they send it, it's out of their hands - if you lived in the states I would think they would send out another package no questions, like every other company. But it is probably too expensive to send you another package free of charge.
Old December 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

the problem is not with the shipping company yet...

took the order the 3rd
they took money from credit card the 6th
sent the package the 28th
now from the 28th, its not AFonline problem anymore i understand
but what i don't is why it took them more than 3 week to send it to the shipping company without giving me a reason...maybe they run out of shisha?...

Quote:
I think all of the international members should stick with HS or HJ because with those vendors we won't have any problems
true that, never had a problem with those 2 yet...

Old December 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Ohh i get it.. yeah that's pretty stupid on their part, is there a way to contact them?
Old December 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

The problem IS directly with AF because it took 3 weeks for them to ship the items... considering that they sent you on 28th, the package should be arriving really soon to your house.
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

wow.. 3 week order processing? Yikes...
Old December 7th, 2009, 06:07 PM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

just got home and i see 2 boxes on the ground

first is HJ sent on black Friday
second is AFonline sent the 28th but the order was taken the 3rd November

i open both boxes, no extra bill everything is there

what to do? should i call AF and see what happened and could i ask for something? (im not cheap or anything, its just that it makes no sense)

or just let it go and never order there even though they have good prices?

+2kilo of Nakhla double apple that i forgot to putt next to these

Old December 7th, 2009, 06:47 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

Your order may have had something that was on backorder, but I would at least expect them to let you know! I'd e-mail them and see if they'd be willing to credit any of your shipping costs.
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

I'd say just don't order from them again. To ship something for free to Canada would cost them a lot and although it would be nice I don't see it happening.
Old December 7th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

Nice order man. A ton of AF shisha, and that quad-metal wind cover is just gorgeous!

As for AF Online, I'll take your experience as a warning. I doubt I'll ever shop there seeing as they didn't bother contacting you about the important delay with your order. That's a prime example of careless CS.

I'm willing to forgive a vendor if they're honest enough to admit their mistake and make up for it. But that kind of stuff is not something I want to go through.
Old December 8th, 2009, 12:50 AM
freezingwar
Hookah Nut

For me, AFonline has one of the worst customer service for international users. I've emailed them several times and had no responses from them, with several members commenting the same. Unless you are in the states, they will call you, but it seems that they hardly check their emails or are too lazy to write back replies.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezingwar View Post
For me, AFonline has one of the worst customer service for international users. I've emailed them several times and had no responses from them, with several members commenting the same. Unless you are in the states, they will call you, but it seems that they hardly check their emails or are too lazy to write back replies.
x2
true that

cant wait to get my internationals calls back so i can give them a call!!

Old December 8th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Well as long as you have everything you ordered. I tihnk you should take it and run. LOL. No extra costs from customs, you got everyting there that you ordered and nothing was damamged.

I would have called them a long time ago about the log order processeing and find out whay it wasnt processed for 3 weeks. However, let me ask you this. Yes it was shipped late, and you should have been contacted.

However, think of it this away as well. If the package were shipped and got to you ealrier than you expected would you have payed them more for the shipping?
Old December 8th, 2009, 11:51 PM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

no i would not pay more, i would just order from them again because the service was good?

what happens usually is that when i take the order, they dont contact you at all, so no shipping tracking or anything , in this case i though it was the same until i receive the tracking number thats says they just sent it....

w/e i made my decision and won't order from there anymore :S

HS and HJ are the best so far, very fast and good services
+1 for them!!

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook