Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Fomula *** cleaner

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Fomula *** cleaner

I came upon an add for this stuff at one the bigger hookah mail order places ( I forget which one) and I wonder if it's any good for cleaning a narghile stem. I guess it would have to be fantastic to justify the price. So, anyone given this stuff a test run?

I hear it has pumice in so maybe the thing to try for cleaning is the pumice based soap that mechanics use to was up with. I think it's called simply orange of something like that. Anyone try it out?
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Fomula *** cleaner

From what I understood, it's salt & rubbing alcohol (with some lemon juice in the mix). It's alittle pricey and in my neck of the world, only sold in "head" shops. If you could get some a REAL good price, i'd say try it, but I think you'd can pass it over and use just plain lemon juice and hot water.
Old January 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I heard that it is white play sand, Windex and any orange scented cleaner. I never used it, but I knew folks that did back in the day.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Glassjaw
Hookah Newbie

As far as I know, it's just rubbing alcohol, salt, dye, and something to make it smell.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:49 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yeah you can stick to simple Lemon Juice, baking soda, rubbing alcohol, or boiling water and get the same results, maybe with a slight bit of extra elbow grease...

One thing i've found great to use is Mr. Clean with Ammonia. Let your object sit in a diluted mix of that and the caked on grime will come right off.
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:16 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

best to not risk it with any cleaners out there unless you are 100% certain it is alright to use because any residue left in it of chemicals can be toxic. you can always try a ummmm "tobacco water pipe" cleaner as that should be fairly safe for usage.
Old January 11th, 2008, 07:54 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Used it twice, has the same effect as baking soda and lemon juice. Pricey, not worth it too much, only if you don't feel like mixing up your own cleaner.

/root
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Hajo, *** Cleaner is something they use to clean "other" waterpipes and is a complete waste of money. Just buy some lemon juice and baking soda, they work well together. If you wanted to try something similar you could try rock salt and alcohol to clean your hookah (that may be similar to the *** cleaner you are talking about) Lemon juice and baking soda are cheap so I use those ...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
THCsetmefree
Hookah Newbie

I know it works for stronger residue.... . works really well though, just fill up whatever smoking device you want to clean, shake it around for a few minutes, then rinse with water and its clean...and that stronger resin is alot thicker and stickier then shisha residue...

*** EDITED By Sambooka, to remove a word and replace with "stronger" instead. Please refrain from mentioning of any illegal substances on this forum. Thanks
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
OBY
Hookah Newbie

Oh my.... This topic is kinda funny... Just bouncing all over the place trying not to say certain words!
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yeah I just want to say, just use LEMON and/or BAKING SODA! LOL
OR try using some Alcohol and Rock Salt!?

But people are going to have questions, and everybody is handling it very well ...

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:17 PM
OBY
Hookah Newbie

Actually I will attempt to add.... What about Hydrogen peroxide? That is an antiseptic and is very good for you... plus it's cheap... Never have tried it but It seems like it would work.
Old January 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Actually, smiley had posted a recipe for cleaning hookahs a while ago, and I believe it involved rock salt and alcohol?

Here I looked around and found it ... http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

Old January 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

Just dont use beer like someone mentioned in a different thread, thats slow havok on any non-ferrous cored hookah. Also the acidic levels of it can tranish and breakdown stainless steel's "stainless" properties.

/root
Old January 11th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Mukle
Hookah Newbie

that stuff is an overpriced mixture of things designed to clean pipes of any "residue", aimed at what the name suggests. I wouldnt both buying it because any of the things listed above would work just fine.
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

It is meant for "other" pipes, and it's a rip off. I'll just stick to lemon juice and baking soda.
Old January 19th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I wasn't aware that *** was some sort of stoner code word. Anyway, given that the stuff is so damn expensive it seems from the comments here that it can't really be worth it. my basic cleaning method is alright I guess but it does suck up a fair amount of time. Cleaning after every session is unavoidable downside of the hobby.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook