Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The effects of MO maybe?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 8th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Red_Pyramid
Hookah Newbie

Default The effects of MO maybe?

So lately, after getting all my supplies and my new hookah, I've been getting some weird side effects. I didn't really notice this at first, but after a smoke session, usually up to an hour, I'll get this slight pressure feeling around my head and a very slight achy feeling in my legs. I eat and drink plenty before each session. I use 2, fully glowing, coconaras on a 31" kremlin, to which I use every day up to 2 hours. I want to chalk this up CO, maybe I should try different coals, different smoking method, or cut back.

Last edited by Red_Pyramid; December 8th, 2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:46 PM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

Default Re: The effects of MO maybe?

Are you referring to carbon monoxide(CO)? It could be the nicotine if you are smoking unwashed tobacco.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Red_Pyramid
Hookah Newbie

Yes I meant CO, I've seen MO used for it else where. But no just the washed stuff: Tonic, Golden Layalina, and Starbuzz...
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I think it may be a combination of CO and nico. Are you lighting the coals in the same place you are smoking in? LIke a closed up room or a small room with not enough ventilation?

It sounds more like CO than nico level IMO. Although I have been wrong before.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Red_Pyramid
Hookah Newbie

No, I light them in the kitchen and then I take the rig to the den. Though I do pack my practically right next to the stove as they heat. However, these side effects don't appear until about the end of the session...
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

yeah packing the bowl next to the stove shouldnt do anything. How many coals do you use in a session? Are you hoovering it? Do you have a window open or a fan on wheile smokeing?

Try to increase the amount of fresh air in the room you somke in. Add a fan, open a cuple windows. You want more frash air than CO.
Old December 8th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Red_Pyramid
Hookah Newbie

What exactly is hoovering? I don't stand over it, nor do I set it below me. I set my rig a few feet beside me atop the coffee table where the bowl is well above me. And yes, it is in a room that is ventilated and does have a ceiling fan constantly going...

Last edited by Red_Pyramid; December 8th, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

What i mean by hoovering is constantly taking large hits instaead of taking a hit on the hookah onces every min. or so.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:09 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Pyramid View Post
What exactly is hoovering? I don't stand over it, nor do I set it below me. I set my rig a few feet beside me atop the coffee table where the bowl is well above me. And yes, it is in a room that is ventilated and does have a ceiling fan constantly going...
Hoovering is just a term for drawing from the hookah frequently and without breaks. Like a vacuum or a "hoover". It's not a great practice and can end with nicotine sickness if your tolerance is not high. It's a fairly common mistake that even the most seasoned smoker can fall to if not careful and dealing with higher nicotine tobacco.

Regarding the initial post it sounds like increased blood pressure as a result of nicotine intake. Take it easy and ease into it. Your tolerance will build. when I was first starting I fell prey to this occurrence more than a few times. now I am blasting through a bowl of AF soft black with no problems and a nice medium buzz. It's common and nothing to run to the hospital about. Best of luck in the future.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

This doesn't sound like nicotine effects, this sounds like bad coals.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Red_Pyramid
Hookah Newbie

Well It's not my first ride on the pony, I've been smoking hookah for almost a year, but never this frequently nor with these types of coals. I've gone through the tolerance phase and it was a bitch. I guess I don't hoover, I do take pretty long gaps between puffs. How many hits would you say one should take in 1 hour session?

Last edited by Red_Pyramid; December 8th, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old December 8th, 2009, 06:13 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

You may have just received a bad batch of coconara or they are being affected by he weather.
Old December 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Every now and then I also get the dreaded "hookah headache". Typically less with coco's, but it really seems to depend on my body's state for the day. If I'm really tired, already stressed from work, or actually HAVE somewhat of a headache, it is usually amplified by smoking. Everything except for the stress from work. Hookah usually gets RID of that
Old December 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

It seems like if you have drastically increased your consumption then you have reached a new plateau, which would mean that you are in a new stage of tolerance. How much would you say you are smoking as compared to what you usually do? I get a major migraine if I smoke three bowls usually. It's just a fact of life when smoking tobacco. Blood pressure is one of the major concerns. It's no different when smoked through a hookah.
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Red_Pyramid
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
It seems like if you have drastically increased your consumption then you have reached a new plateau, which would mean that you are in a new stage of tolerance. How much would you say you are smoking as compared to what you usually do? I get a major migraine if I smoke three bowls usually. It's just a fact of life when smoking tobacco. Blood pressure is one of the major concerns. It's no different when smoked through a hookah.
I use to smoke 4 or 5 times a week, sometimes less. Each session would be about 45 minutes...
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
hookahTIY
Hookah Newbie

it most likely the smoke it self people like to say hookah is safe health wise and all but any kind of smoke inhaled does damage even if there is no tar there still are carcinogens. The leg thing is probably Harding of the arteries or something like that, its not that your arteries are instantly hardened but it is effecting them. when i use to smoke ciggs and some times i would take to big of a hit a cough real hard and felt what you described in your legs. as for your head it is mostly likely the nicotine or sinus presure from the smoke.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
esteban
Hookah Pro

DRINK MORE WATER
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook