Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Can't get Tangiers F-line Apple to work properly

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 9th, 2009, 02:55 AM
VocabDoctor
Hookah Newbie

Default Can't get Tangiers F-line Apple to work properly

Hello everyone, first time posting on here.

I've been having issues with my newly purchased Tangiers F-line Apple, I did my homework, and I believe I've got the hang of most Tangiers, Horchata and Kashmir haven't given me any problems, they smoke beautifully.

My set-up is a Mya Vortex, I think a large phunnel bowl (maybe a medium), two layers of foil pulled nice and tight, and three half coconara coals placed evenly on the rim, typically I put a bunch of small holes in ever widening circles, then one large hole in the middle.

Thing is, the coconaras might be the culprits here, I typically leave them on the stove burner for 8 minutes, but with F-line Apple, suddenly they've been dying out and turning black, so I went up to 13 minutes, the problem continued, and the taste is just abhorrent, my throat burns also.

As for packing and acclimating the Tangiers, I typically leave them spread out on tin foil for 24 hours, then the night I plan to smoke it I put it in a plastic container and stir it around off and on for about an hour, when I pack, I stack it loosely about half an inch over the rim, then I gently pack it down with a fork until its parallel with the rim, so I just can't fathom that my problem would have anything to do with the shisha itself.

I'm relentlessly trying to troubleshoot right now, and I've wasted three full phunnel bowls of this stuff already, no matter what I try the shisha borders from tasteless to truly gag-inducing.

Thank you in advance for any help.

VocabDoctor
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:28 AM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Can't get Tangiers F-line Apple to work properly

are you lighting the cocos until they are white allover. also ash it before you put it on the bowl and the side which is most red should sit on the bowl. if youre finding it hard to get heat then keep ashing the coals and flipping them. i realised when you dont flip the cocos every 10 to 15 minutes then the smoke starts to go away.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:12 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Never had F-Line nor Apple but Tangiers Noir is my favorite. The coal thing is definitely fishy... Not sure what to say about that. That would be my guess though.

You sound like you're acclimating/packing it PERFECTLY or at least near perfect so I'm rather confused.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:27 AM
VocabDoctor
Hookah Newbie

Thank you for the response, it's just really frustrating because I've jumped through hurdles to understand the proper acclimation, packing, etc.

Problem is, as first I thought it was just the Tangiers, but my Romman is virtually unsmokable, I'm at a loss of ideas as to why my coconaras did a 180 on me, at first I simply threw them on the stove burner, waited until they we're a hot orange, and tossed them on the bowl, but just tonight they started acting finicky, for example they're glowing orange like usual, but as soon as I put them on the tin foil they turn black, they still emit some heat, i'm worried they're defective, but I can't believe that'd even be a possibility, just pissing me off a little bit, lol.

I've all but given up on Tangiers though, I've gone threw enormous trouble to understand the proper preparation, coal arrangement, packing, hole patterns on tin foil, and it just doesn't work, all I get is no smoke, no taste, and zero buzz.

I haven't surrendered entirely, haha...

I'll keep plugging away and try to narrow down the list of possible suspects.

Thanks again for the helpful response.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:36 AM
VocabDoctor
Hookah Newbie

It works!

Well the remaining brands of shisha anyway, still no success with the Tangiers, but now I know it's an operator error on my part, as for Tangiers Noir, where is that available?

I've heard of Lucid also, is that any good? In all honesty, I have an instant fondness for anything with the word "Noir" after it, stems from my being an unabashed cinephile.

Hope to hear your recommendations, I have a host of questions about Tangiers Noir, what exactly sets it apart from the standard line of Tangiers?
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:39 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocabDoctor View Post
It works!

Well the remaining brands of shisha anyway, still no success with the Tangiers, but now I know it's an operator error on my part, as for Tangiers Noir, where is that available?

I've heard of Lucid also, is that any good? In all honesty, I have an instant fondness for anything with the word "Noir" after it, stems from my being an unabashed cinephile.

Hope to hear your recommendations, I have a host of questions about Tangiers Noir, what exactly sets it apart from the standard line of Tangiers?
It is the standard line!

It's a lot like the F-line but without any nicotine from what I hear.
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:21 AM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

f-line has caffeine, whereas noir does not.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook