Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I love my Mya and Hookah-Shisha rocks

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 9th, 2009, 04:32 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo
Default I love my Mya and Hookah-Shisha rocks

My first big hookah was a Mya Paragon.

It's a beautiful looking hookah. It really looks much nicer in real life than in the photo. It is a little more expensive than it probably ought to be. But I think it's worth it in the end. It's generally heavy and durable and seals really nice. A huge footprint keeps it from ever even coming close to tipping over (even in busy party situations; someone once tripped over a hose. The hookah didn't budge, the hose just came out). It comes apart for extremely easy cleaning. Plus variable hoses is great. Perfect for parties or for smoking alone. Plus it's a nice height. Sitting just at arm level by my smoking chair.

Well, through a mandufacturing fluke, the threading on one of stem sections broke off when an inexperienced smoker tried to assemble it.

And here's where how awesome H-S.com comes in. I bought the hookah close to six months ago. After the part broke, I wrote H-S an email and told them what happened. They were extremely apologetic and sent me a replacement piece for free. The first time they accidentally sent me the wrong piece. I emailed them again, and again, they were apologetic, this time crediting me $15 in reward points (I put it toward a couple Namor hoses), and they sent me the correct piece, plus a few spare components in case I had any more problems. All of this happened quickly and at no cost to me.

Now that is outstanding customer service. If you can't get what you want from John, I'd always put Hookah-Shisha next on the list!

Great hookah, great store. Just great!

(And, Hookah-Shisha, if you're reading this, you should join this forum and get involved! It's the only way I could see you making an even better experience for your customers!)
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Default Re: I love my Mya and Hookah-Shisha rocks

I needed to contact h-s customer service only once. They responded quickly and without question. I've also used their online chat service to change an order that was in process. They still managed to ship it out without delay.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:13 AM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

HS is a really excellent choice... when I cannot find anything with john I use HS....

I prefer CH because the shipping to mexico is cheaper than HS.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:15 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

beautiful hookah

Old December 10th, 2009, 06:12 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

Location: According to Urbandictionary,"a struggling town on the outskirts of Youngstown"OHIO
Send a message via AIM to timelosthookah

im glad someone else on HP likes their MYA
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:49 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Myas are very good hookahs but IMO overpriced, i had the exact same hookah in black, the base is the best base i have had, really heavy and well built and sturdy, just wished they did bases to fit KM's that would be great.

But the draw is very restrictive if you have multiple hoses going at the same time, a bit is fine by me, but it was like sucking from a straw
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Burakiosaurus
Hookah Nut

Do you know of any vouchers/codes for hookah-shisha? Thinking of doing an order but can't find one anywhere on the site.

The base on that maya looks like the base on my Syrian, what type of chamber does that pipe have?
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:50 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

Location: According to Urbandictionary,"a struggling town on the outskirts of Youngstown"OHIO
Send a message via AIM to timelosthookah

Myas have common chambers
Old December 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
Myas are very good hookahs but IMO overpriced, i had the exact same hookah in black, the base is the best base i have had, really heavy and well built and sturdy, just wished they did bases to fit KM's that would be great.

But the draw is very restrictive if you have multiple hoses going at the same time, a bit is fine by me, but it was like sucking from a straw
The draw is only extra restricted if more than one person is pulling at a time, which I tell people not to do.

Unless I'm smoking with friends, I attach my Narbish and while the draw is restricted it's not unpleasantly so. In fact, roughly half the time, I prefer the draw to be restricted a bit and it ends up coming out just about perfect form the Mya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukshishafan View Post
Do you know of any vouchers/codes for hookah-shisha? Thinking of doing an order but can't find one anywhere on the site.

The base on that maya looks like the base on my Syrian, what type of chamber does that pipe have?
I think this one will get you 10% off: hookah-shisha
And this one will get you a free hookah if you spend $100: free hookah

Myas do have common chambers, but it should be noted that the reasons most people don't like common chambers doesn't apply. While the chamber is common, the heart is not sealed. If you take the heart off and look on the bottom, you can see the inside of all the hose ports. So, in effect, when you put the stem on, the base and the stem all become part of the same chamber. So purging is no problem at all and cleaning isn't an issue either. In fact, cleaning is easier on Myas than on any of the egyptian hookahs I have.

It's hard to explain. Here's a picture.

This is taken from the bottom of the stem. The downstem has been removed. On Egyptian hookahs, this part would be sealed with two or four small holes. In that situation, were the chamber common it would be a pain for cleaning and purging. On a Mya with a common chamber, there is no such problem.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post

Myas do have common chambers, but it should be noted that the reasons most people don't like common chambers doesn't apply. While the chamber is common, the heart is not sealed. If you take the heart off and look on the bottom, you can see the inside of all the hose ports. So, in effect, when you put the stem on, the base and the stem all become part of the same chamber. So purging is no problem at all and cleaning isn't an issue either. In fact, cleaning is easier on Myas than on any of the egyptian hookahs I have.

It's hard to explain. Here's a picture.

This is taken from the bottom of the stem. The downstem has been removed. On Egyptian hookahs, this part would be sealed with two or four small holes. In that situation, were the chamber common it would be a pain for cleaning and purging. On a Mya with a common chamber, there is no such problem.
Huh? I respect your preference of Myas but i have to completely disagree with your statement that myas purge better than Egyptians thats impossible because Myas dont purge at all. Syrians tend to be common plated not Egyptians, which are usually Traditional chamber and the nour hookahs including the Al Fakher line all have traditional chambers and all purge great.

While i agree that your open common chamber is better than plated common chambers in terms of cleaning but purging is the same, there both useless. You can attach a straw to the inside of your ourge valve and tape it to your downstem that will help the purge. Check Photolingers video.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Completly agree ^^^^

And the draw is restirctive if its muti hosed even if the other person aint smoking, maybe mine didnt smoke that well but it was way to hard, i like restriction but the one i had was way to restritive
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:21 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
Huh? I respect your preference of Myas but i have to completely disagree with your statement that myas purge better than Egyptians thats impossible because Myas dont purge at all. Syrians tend to be common plated not Egyptians, which are usually Traditional chamber and the nour hookahs including the Al Fakher line all have traditional chambers and all purge great.

While i agree that your open common chamber is better than plated common chambers in terms of cleaning but purging is the same, there both useless. You can attach a straw to the inside of your ourge valve and tape it to your downstem that will help the purge. Check Photolingers video.
Hmm. I dunno, maybe I've got a fluke or something. Mine completely purges in about a quarter of the time it takes to purge my KM, and with a lot less effort. You're right though, if you're using the autoseal adapters, there is no purging at all. When I smoke from it alone, or with only one hose (which I tend to prefer anyway), I always replace the adapter with a non-autoseal adapter and it purges really, really well..
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

I didn't have too much of a problem with the restriction as long as I didn't use a mya hose but one thing I noticed which I've never seen anyone on hear mention is that myas tend to get hot from the smoke because although they look solid the actual stem is just a narrow tube which seems to be aluminium, very lightweight and I think it overheats from smoke which then gets a little harsh. I've never had this problem on my nour, KM or AF hookah
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:10 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
I didn't have too much of a problem with the restriction as long as I didn't use a mya hose but one thing I noticed which I've never seen anyone on hear mention is that myas tend to get hot from the smoke because although they look solid the actual stem is just a narrow tube which seems to be aluminium, very lightweight and I think it overheats from smoke which then gets a little harsh. I've never had this problem on my nour, KM or AF hookah
The paragon gets extremly hot from the top, but i didnt notice a harshness
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:52 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Completly agree ^^^^

And the draw is restirctive if its muti hosed even if the other person aint smoking, maybe mine didnt smoke that well but it was way to hard, i like restriction but the one i had was way to restritive
Quote:
Yeah, I think it's mostly the hose. I use my Narbish on it and the draw isn't a whole lot tighter than my Egpytian hookah. It's tighter, but not obnoxiously so.

Quote:
The paragon gets extremly hot from the top, but i didnt notice a harshness
Yes, the Paragon does get hot. It's actually really interesting. After about 30 minutes of smoking, the top section is hot. Not so hot you can't touch it, but much hotter than you'd expect. But if you run your hand down it, by the time you get to the connecting oval in the middle, it's cool.

I can't speak for other Mya hookahs, but the Paragon (and the short, free hookah H-S is giving away) are both made of solid, heavy metal. The Paragon stem is only 22" tall, but it weighs about as much as my 36" KM Pear stem.

On a different note...

As Ironic as it may be, I actually had my first unsatisfying experience with Hookah-Shisha.com today. They sent me a bad Nammor hose and weren't really willing to stick their neck out to keep me happy. All their solutions had me wasting time or money.

Still better than most, but I'll be recommending people shop elsewhere when possible.

What irony.
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
Yeah, I think it's mostly the hose. I use my Narbish on it and the draw isn't a whole lot tighter than my Egpytian hookah. It's tighter, but not obnoxiously so.

Yes, the Paragon does get hot. It's actually really interesting. After about 30 minutes of smoking, the top section is hot. Not so hot you can't touch it, but much hotter than you'd expect. But if you run your hand down it, by the time you get to the connecting oval in the middle, it's cool.

I can't speak for other Mya hookahs, but the Paragon (and the short, free hookah H-S is giving away) are both made of solid, heavy metal. The Paragon stem is only 22" tall, but it weighs about as much as my 36" KM Pear stem.

Yh same happened to mine it was funny to me, btw i was using a nammour with it so it wasnt the hoses, i dont know if it was maybe just mine on the restriction, but it was a very well built hookah
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelosthookah View Post
im glad someone else on HP likes their MYA
*raises hand* I love my mya diva but I want to get a km so my narbish will match better....that and i just want a km for myself and use the mya for party times.

i've had nothing but great experiences with HS. so far they haven't messed up any of my orders, and packages get here quickly
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook