Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Question about Tobacco EXP. dates.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 10th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Default Question about Tobacco EXP. dates.

I went into a tobacco shop a few days ago, and i was wondering something about what i saw.

The guy at the shop only sells Fusion, Hookah Splash? and King Moassell.

I was looking at the hookah splash and the containers he was selling expired in Aug of 2008. Is it illegal to sell expired tobacco? He was even trying to sell it for regular price! WTF? I was going to try fusion, but with the Other tobacco that expierd a year ago. I was reluctant to buy any tobacco from him.

Was just wondering if its safe to smoke tobacco that is expierd that long ago. Also, should i say something to the guy, if i ever go back there?

I did ask him if he ever planned on selling Naklah and just like all the rest of the shops near me. He wont carry it. Why wont anyone carry it! LMAO
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:20 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Question about Tobacco EXP. dates.

Hayter glad you asked, as I've been wondering the same myself, used to get my shisha fresh from a few local shops, but lately I've been noticing that alot of it is expired and the taste is way off than what it really should be. The only thing that smells remotely close to original is nakhla that's been sitting on my shelf for at least a couple of years.

Last edited by SonOfGram; December 10th, 2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM
XeRoFuN
Hookah Nut

That the shop starting with H that you PMed me about? I was going to head their today after work.

Not sure if it's illegal, but the tobacco will probably taste like crap or be dry, I would think.
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

honestly i think the tobacco is probably fine past its expo date for a while assuming its well sealed. Then again fusion, hookah splash and king moassel were never that good to begin with.

If you are in LBC you need to get out to anaheim/orange... there's a super king there (all they carry is nahkla and AF) and there also Dream tobacco and World Smoke, all excellent shops. Plus around the corner from World is Cortina's Italian Deli/restuarant. That alone is worth the drive.

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

No, its not the shop that starts with an H, its just a tobacco shop in Long Beach they sell cigars and pipe tobacco. I just dont think that i will go back to this shop for any hookah stuff. LOL.

I mean King Moassel, yikes i hear dthat stuff is terribad. Although the guy had the vodka flavor. That could be interesting. LMFAO!

Yeah i need to get out to the Anahiem area. My brother lives out that way and all the car club stuff i do is out there. In fact There is a huge car show this sunday at the Anahiem Stadium if your all bored. The entrance fee to show is one unwrapped toy that will be donated to CHOC hospital. My club will deffinately be there! High Society fo life YO! lol

Last edited by Hayter; December 10th, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

haha, all the socalprelude meets i went to used to be out that way, and at autobacs... but yea that area in anaheim is like hookah-central

Old December 10th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

LOL.. autobacs. The highly overpriced carry any bolt on mod you needfor your honda store. They didnt carry crap for my VW. Everything had to be ordered in and cost a butt load more than the VW shops i go to. LOL
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

yea its really no wonder autobacs went under... it was a cool idea but overhead on a place like that had to be staggering and like you said, the prices blew... excuse the OT....

Old December 10th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

np.. i enjoy car talk. LOL
Old December 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

I have Prince Moasel that expired in 2007 and it is still 100% wet and juice and a delight to smoke.

Remember Moasel with a little or low Glycerin content will be less prone to go bad as most molasses and Honey that is used to wet the tobacco acts as a natural preservative. so if the tobacco is dry just add some molasses or honey to get the it back to prime condition and a smidgin of glycerin
Old December 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i almost feel like the expiration dates are put on because they have too. or else they wouldn't kind of like nakhla. but my advice, when it's that old don't buy it, especially splash. it's just over supply in the market that never sold. in addition, it's garbage. hayter, like everyone said you are close to anaheim, in addition you are part of HP, you have your choice of a half dozen great vendors that are reviewed, half of whom are in southern california, in addition all of these products are reviewed. what would make you consider buying expired splash? i know you are just asking about the legality of expired shisha but i wouldn't set foot in that place based on principle. also, the reason he will not sell nakhla is that there is little margin in it.
anaheim has a lot of good places and a lot of crappy ones. world smoke shop is good, as is dreams down the street. good luck
Old December 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
i almost feel like the expiration dates are put on because they have too. or else they wouldn't kind of like nakhla. but my advice, when it's that old don't buy it, especially splash. it's just over supply in the market that never sold. in addition, it's garbage. hayter, like everyone said you are close to anaheim, in addition you are part of HP, you have your choice of a half dozen great vendors that are reviewed, half of whom are in southern california, in addition all of these products are reviewed. what would make you consider buying expired splash? i know you are just asking about the legality of expired shisha but i wouldn't set foot in that place based on principle. also, the reason he will not sell nakhla is that there is little margin in it.
anaheim has a lot of good places and a lot of crappy ones. world smoke shop is good, as is dreams down the street. good luck
Yeah i was just asking about the legality of it.. I was in no way going to purchase hookah splash. If i havent seen it talked about here, then i am pretty sure its not worth buying. Especially if its passed an expiration date. LOL.. Dont worry John, my orders are safe with you! lol... I will not be returning to that place period. Unless i want to purhase a single orver priced cigar again. LMFAO!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook