Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Plenty of threads, but I'm in a bind

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hookah Newbie
Send a message via MSN to buxtahuda Send a message via Yahoo to buxtahuda
Default Plenty of threads, but I'm in a bind

I know there are several threads already covering this, and I'm a member of enough forums that I know most forums don't appreciate you starting a new thread asking an old question, but I have searched and am still coming up bunk.

I just got in this hookah ( http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1632-...pe-hookah.html ) and have loaded several flavours into it to no real avail. I haven't tried the overpacking method just yet, but from what I've read it seems that rotating the coals is too frequent and that the top layer burning is going to give a more tobacco taste. I want my fruity flavours to stand out, and I know I've also read that touching the shish and coal together and letting it burn is what you're not supposed to do.

The flavours we've tried so far in it are Cappucino, Coconut, and Mango from Al Fakher and Pineapple from Havana, with Bahraini Apple, Banana, and Rose awaiting their debuts. Every bowl has tasted about the same, just a shisha-ish smoke without real flavour, but you can definitely smell it.

I started out using one of those metal screens, but have moved to foil due to suggestions on this website and from an old friend. I usually do an even pattern of holes about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick with the foil about a quarter of an inch from the shish, then put to Silver Flint naturals on the bowl. We've tried it with the coals directly over the holes, as well as on the sides of the bowl not touching any of the holes.

No matter what I've tried so far, I just don't taste the flavour the way I remember it's strength a year ago when I first started. Please help, I'm tired of using up shisha for mediocre bowls when I know that it should be tasting so good! Especially because there are several people around here I'm trying to get into it and don't want them thinking that this is how it always is. Thanks everyone.
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Plenty of threads, but I'm in a bind

I haven't tasted any of the specific flavors you've used in it, but AF is usually pretty flavorful. My method for AF is as follows:
-Stir it up!
-Use your fingers to sprinkle in the bowl, making sure to leave room for an air pocket between the coals and the shisha.
-Put the foil on, make sure it's nice and tight like a drum
-Put on the coals. If you're using nats with such a small hookah you should be able to get away with just one. Keep it on an edge and rotate it around the bowl as you smoke. If you're using QLS, cut it in 1/3s or 1/4s and put the pieces around the edges. Rotate them around, too. If you're feeling like the smoke is getting harsh, just take a piece or two off.

When you draw from the hose, put the tip of your tongue flat up near the tip of the hose. This will spread the smoke over your tongue as you inhale, which should help with flavor detection. Good luck!

Last edited by thefaded; December 10th, 2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hookah Master
Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Did you clean the hookah properly after you bought it?
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Hookah Guru

You may be putting too many holes in the foil, or too large of holes creating less draw. Your pipe may need a tighter draw, which will increase the flavor as well.
(*Disclaimer* These are my opinions and mine alone. It does not reflect the opinions of others and is based on my personal smoking enjoyment and experience)
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Mad Alchemist

To be honest, the flavors you have mentioned are not known for their strength.
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Hookah Master

What Moasel are you smoking (Brand)
***Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says Oh shit he is awake***
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Hookah Enthusiast

I think that cleaning your hookah and hose after every use is very important. Also, I've learned that coal management is very crucial if you want to get the best flavor and smoke. My advice, try to stick to one flavor for a a week or two and you will get better results.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook