Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Mya Saray

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 25th, 2007, 10:47 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default Mya Saray

Well i heard such great things about mya's customer service. Well.... My down stem for my had threads on it. And i cleaning i would take the whole assembly apart and then put it back together. Well one day the downstem broke off inside of the actual stem that it thread locks into.

Well i messaged mya saray, and they're pretty much like ok.. buy another one.

What happened to standing behind their products and such like i've been hearing about? I mean i'm not mad at them, and i wouldn't have expected their help if i hadn't heard such rave reviews about their customer service.

i dunno. I'm just a little disapointed and if i can't get the threads out i'll have to buy a whole new stem.. YUCK

I love their products and they have great hookahs i'm not saying anything bad about them, but i'm wondering if they realized that replacing hookah parts and such was cutting into the profits and unless it's something major that they screwed up they wont replace anymore?

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Mushrat
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Mya Saray

Did you speak with Mahmoud or just a regular CSR?
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:52 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

To tell you the truth mushy,i dont know who i talked with. Should i try again and ask for him?

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Erica
Hookah Newbie

You should talk to Mahmoud... he is the guy that always puts the posts on HF

I have never had a probelm with Myas customer service..

Kinda weird
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:55 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

So, the part that threads into the stem broke, right? Not saying they shouldn't offer some-type of something, but you may still be able to remove the broken piece. Try wedging something (needle nose piers come to mind) inside the broken bit - you might be able to twist it free.
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:34 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

happened to me twoce, take some plyers and remove the piece that got stuck and ask for a new downstem.. it should be free of charge
Old June 6th, 2007, 12:17 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

that sucks best of luck to ya
Old June 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

The standard Mya Saray downstem assembly is comprised of 4 parts.

1. The downstem tube

2. The shoulder ring

3. an "O" ring

4. a short section of threaded tubing.

Part #4 has seperated from part #1.

The main tubing and the threaded section is "permanantly" attatched by the factory inserting some of the threaded tubing inside of the the main downstem tube. They then make 3 or 4 crimps in the main tubing over the threaded section to keep it in place. They look like little dimples.

Your threaded portion has seperated from the tubing.

Unfortunately... this threaded portion and your shoulder ring is stuck in the heart of your hookah stem. The problem is that there is little room to get a pair of needle nose pliers in there and get any kind of bite on it to apply the needed torque to unseize the stuck portion of the threads inside the stem.

What to do?

Find a friend that works on cars and has a shitload of tools to do it... chance are he/she has something called and "Easy Out". This is a cone shaped device with that has swirl shaped fluting on it. It is designed to grab the inner surface of stuck tubing so that you can back it out with a socket wrench.

If you dont have a buddy with this tool...... go flirt with the local mechanic dude.... wink-wink. he'll get it out.
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:56 PM
mattarios2
Hookah Newbie

I had issues w/ the downstem a couple times, once my brother sanded the inside, don't ask why, and it scraped off the ss coating, they replaced it for free, then another time (before i knew the inside of the downstem where the glue piece is to help keep the weld tight, and it eventually is supposed to come out) I called and said it was falling apart and they sent me a new one. And lastly i received a stem from them and in shipping it got banged up (the box was f'ed up) they sent me a new one and gave me ... roughly a 25% discount b/c of inconvenience on the stem.

A+ I give them, sorry about your mishap, def talk to the main guy and not the reps.
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:15 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

mya has never been good CS to me. i had an acrylic vase that started leaking 3 months after using it (once a week at that time, probably 10-15 times max). I contacted them, they said oh sure, it happens, buy another. the 2nd vase the bottom literally fell out and they said the same...so i will never buy any of their garbage products again
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:29 PM
mattarios2
Hookah Newbie

Hmm, odd man, they were more than happy to help me out, and offered anything they could to me to please me. Maybe they have new employees there now? I have no idea, but they never denied me of anything i asked for, they even gave me overnight shipping, I got it the morning after i spoke to them. The times i called i got Hussam and I can't remember the other guys name.

Also I have the same vase that sambooka reviews in the 40 inch colossus review and the thing is thick as ever, i really can't believe how thick it is, also i get unreal clouds with quick short pulls with my razan hose. I guess everyone has diff. experiences, diff results, and will have a diff. outcome, I am sad to hear some of you had terrible luck with mya CS cuz I have had the complete opposite.

Also about the acrylic I know of many people who have them and in hookah bars as well and have no issues what so ever. Maybe you got a faulty one?! I dunno man
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:50 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

well people use them in hookah bars because the wholesale price on them is dirt cheap and compared to glass can take a beating, but i dont necessary think they last any longer than glass if both are regularly used and not abused (dropped or what not).

this was over a year ago. meh to mya
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:01 PM
mattarios2
Hookah Newbie

It's fine w/ me if you think they are meh, I am not one to fight, just letting you know I have had an amazing experience it was honestly not believable. And also the point w/ the acrylic was just to say that they all don't shit out in 2 months or w/e you said, they do in fact last and you prob had a defected one. No biggy whatever you like keep smoking it and enjoyyyyyyy as I will do the same.

Peace
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattarios2 View Post
It's fine w/ me if you think they are meh, I am not one to fight, just letting you know I have had an amazing experience it was honestly not believable. And also the point w/ the acrylic was just to say that they all don't shit out in 2 months or w/e you said, they do in fact last and you prob had a defected one. No biggy whatever you like keep smoking it and enjoyyyyyyy as I will do the same.

Peace
fair enough, maybe i was unlucky.
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM
mattarios2
Hookah Newbie

werd, atm im stuck in virginia beach with a massive order from WH from neil sitting at my house, can't wait to get back!!

im out though,

catch ya later.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Mya Saray did absolutely nothing to help me when the stem on my Colossus rusted out out after less then 10 uses in 2 months. When my down stem and hose port had issues on my Gyro they offered my a whopping 10 bucks off on a replacement. When I had two different vases shatter on me in under 4 months they told me to buy more. And I haven't even gotten into the stuff that was no damn good right out of the box so i'll just say that Mya is crap plain and simple.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:20 AM
MNH
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to MNH

[quote=KoRnKitten;965]Well i heard such great things about mya's customer service. Well.... My down stem for my had threads on it. And i cleaning i would take the whole assembly apart and then put it back together. Well one day the downstem broke off inside of the actual stem that it thread locks into.

Well i messaged mya saray, and they're pretty much like ok.. buy another one.

PM me which downstem you need and I will do what I can for you..
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:35 AM
Juno
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Juno

In my humble opinion, the only hookah-related prodcut Mya Saray has come out with are their tongs.

These are quite possibly the best tongs on the market. Tricky to learn, but once you get the hang of them, you are unstoppable.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook