Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Question on scales

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 17th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Default Question on scales

I have seen a lot of people asking questions lately on amount of shisha and makeing mentions on needing scales.

I myself have been finding myself giving stuff to people. As well as bieng interested in trading with other people and I know i need a scale. Cause this eyballing thing is for the birds.

I am sure that it will be benificial to myself and everyone else. Is there a recommendation on a scale that is basic and simple to weight the shisha? This way i will know exactly how much I am sending out as well as how much tobacco i have left.
Old December 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Question on scales

My only concern with the scale, if for some reason your house gets searched by the police, you could wind up in jail. With the hookah and a scale, they may consider it drug paraphernalia. Just my two cents and I wouldn't want to hear you got thrown in jail for a scale.

Anyways, here is one I have seen family use for certain recipes. Seems to work great for herbs like cilantro and bay leaves.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10098024
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

I have a JS-150V by Jennings. It's nice- it has backlight and 0 out buttons. It has a max of 150g, though. They usually sell this type of thing in smoke shops locally, or you can buy one online.

Last edited by Dunkel; December 18th, 2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

Wal Mart has a small variety of digital scales in the kitchen section. There was a digital scale there for about $25 I think.
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I bought one online for cheap ..

Here is a link ..
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...+scale&x=0&y=0

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_johnson View Post
Wal Mart has a small variety of digital scales in the kitchen section. There was a digital scale there for about $25 I think.
That's where I got mine. It has about a 2500gr capacity, a zero button and does both oz and gr. I can't seem to find it on their site though.
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:47 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
My only concern with the scale, if for some reason your house gets searched by the police, you could wind up in jail. With the hookah and a scale, they may consider it drug paraphernalia. Just my two cents and I wouldn't want to hear you got thrown in jail for a scale.

Anyways, here is one I have seen family use for certain recipes. Seems to work great for herbs like cilantro and bay leaves.

that's the type i have except it's older and not digital, but it does the same thing right? any of the scales mentioned above would work fine.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Try ebay i picked mine up new for $2 it was digital and can measure upto 2kilos, retails around $30+
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

couldn't it be considered paraphernalia if you get searched for some reason?
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:35 PM
XeRoFuN
Hookah Nut

I use this one off ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/WEIGHMAX-75-LB-D...item53de63316e

It only does ounces and pounds, but I just convert it to grams online. 50 grams is 1.763 ounces, but I just round up to 2 ounces. I think the scale has an error of +-.2oz anyway. I also use it to weigh packages for mailing so I can print my own postage.

On the other note, I don't think you can get in trouble for just having a scale and hookah. Sure, it can be used illegally, but in and of itself, it is not illegal to possess.

Last edited by Dunkel; December 18th, 2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:42 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

I would think it's ok because it's a "postal scale"
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
aschles
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Wouldn't there have to be "NHT evidence" (not sure how exactly to put that based on forum rules) for it to be paraphernalia? I've always been somewhat worried about the misconception that hookahs aren't for shisha and how that all applies (i.e. i feel like they'd test it, etc.)
Old December 18th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Crown Hookahs
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to Crown Hookahs

I would just pick up a kitchen scale at a kitchen supply, or walgreens. Usually with tobacco you don't need to get down into the tenths or hundreths, so straight grams would be sufficient. Just get something with a high capacity and a tare function.
Old December 18th, 2009, 04:48 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:

They won't take you to jail just for having a scale... You could be taken in if you have shit plus the scale.. I got a scale from walmart.. Dee explained ione that sounds like mine lol.. I also have a smaller one that goes up to 500g.. The smaller ones are cheap and work great.. Ill pm you some info
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Ok guys enough talk about illegal things. The question is about acquiring a scale to weigh tobacco, and there's no law against that.
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Quote:

i call shenanigans on the going to jail thing. Ive got scales all over my house for reloading, and my brothers spice scale. There would have to be more than a hookah and a scale, actually off the top of my head i can tell you what the law would be on that in MA but thats probably against the rules.

on another note, you can probably pick up a scale for about $20-30 at a cooking store, ive seen them in pretty random places as well. If you look around you can get one that will probably do 0.1g intervals, and go up to around 100g. Course your weighing tobacco so thats more than acurate enough for your purposes, i for example have a scale that can do 0.001grains, which is much smaller than grams.

Last edited by D-Szlos; December 18th, 2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old December 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

For respect of the mods, I will not say more than I was just letting him know how it is in Houston. No hesitation and no questions asked is why I let him know.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook