Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Is Al Fakher on the rebound? Really now?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 21st, 2009, 04:56 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988
Default Re: Is Al Fakher on the rebound? Really now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejacobson View Post
To recap, what were the dates that one should avoid?
Everything from 07 onward...
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Plum 08' is still off. They have the super large cuts in it, and it seems more dry then normal. It also give me bad throat tickle and I get a headache after a normal bowl. Same thing with mixed fruit, cocktail too

Mint, Grenadine and peach are still awesome

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

I just picked up some Jan 2009 AF Cocount. Will have to see what's new for 2009.
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:24 PM
slydevil13
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to slydevil13

08 batch of peach AF was is a great smoke. They actually might be making an epic comeback. hopefully they do, only $10 a 250g in my local shop. Affordable,tasty,huge clouds, not bad
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:58 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I really want to know what the rationale was for changing their product from good to suck, the cut is too small and flavors are so-so. I'm fine with the package change buy why did they feel the need to change the product?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

I'm going by my local store to see what their batches are, but if nothing interests me I will partake in some Nakhla Mizo
Old December 22nd, 2009, 02:26 AM
dropkickdragout
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to dropkickdragout

I have golden esk apple, Watermelon, and Cafe Latte coming, will be sure to review and we'll see how they are.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:51 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

it would be hard to figure what dates to avoid. someone would have had to documented every batch of every flavor and then determine what is "good" or "bad" which can be opinion sometimes. not every flavor was great or terrible on any given production date. also, when you order it how will you know what date you are getting? (unless you can see it in a store) i wish it were that easy and it was public info, but it would really take a scientific study to come up with all that data,
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
it would be hard to figure what dates to avoid. someone would have had to documented every batch of every flavor and then determine what is "good" or "bad" which can be opinion sometimes. not every flavor was great or terrible on any given production date. also, when you order it how will you know what date you are getting? (unless you can see it in a store) i wish it were that easy and it was public info, but it would really take a scientific study to come up with all that data,

Quoted for truth.

I got a few 50g of AF grape from 08 and they were great! Sometimes I believe the stigma outweighs the actual situation.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I still have some "Original" AF Grape.......The good stuff before the unfortunate Ketchup incident. I am thinking of raffling it off LOL J/K

Billy
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

The problem with AF is, if one month is consistant thats good enough for me, but i have had the same flavour from the same month and 1 was bad and 1 was good

makes no sence
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

Its not all about the month it was made but more the day of the month it was made not alk the flavor for one month is made on one day

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

If AF makes a comeback, color me stunned.

I'll stick to Nakhla for now.

Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
rlynge
Hookah Nut

When I took HJ's advice and bought some AF Orange...it instantly became one of my all time favorites. All of my AF shishas dating after September 2009 have been AMAZING!!!

Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynge View Post
When I took HJ's advice and bought some AF Orange...it instantly became one of my all time favorites. All of my AF shishas dating after September 2009 have been AMAZING!!!
funny you say that, it just after 6am and i wanted an ealry morning smoke and went right for af orange. great as usual.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
rlynge
Hookah Nut

Of course it is.....Orange is always refreshing. I few friends and I went through 250 grams of the stuff in a week the first time I bought it.

Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

OK, obviously everyone has different experiences with the new AF style. We get people everyday on the boards who love it and some of us tell them it sucks yet they get excellent experiences with it. I cannot even take more than a few puffs of any flavor - it's too tingly. There's no harsh taste, it's just a tingle that I can't stand. I thought it was the cut, but if that was in fact the problem everyone would be experiencing it, instead of a select few. My buddy thinks I'm crazy when I say I can't smoke it, and my other friend who one night just loaded a bowl of peach/vanilla based off of what he saw us do (he had never loaded a bowl before) had one of the best sessions he can remember.

I have heard a couple times that the Dye used may have something to do with it. I have to admit, I have never really smoked a lot of AF before. When i did, however, I got the throat tickle from Cinnamon at all times, even with the older cut - I attributed it to being a spicy flavor.

It has to be something other than a new cut, it just seems that a minority of us are overly sensitive to something else they use in the recipe. Maybe a lower quality product was used to cut costs?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

i have to try these flavours because af hasn't lived upto what it used to be.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
OK, obviously everyone has different experiences with the new AF style. We get people everyday on the boards who love it and some of us tell them it sucks yet they get excellent experiences with it. I cannot even take more than a few puffs of any flavor - it's too tingly. There's no harsh taste, it's just a tingle that I can't stand. I thought it was the cut, but if that was in fact the problem everyone would be experiencing it, instead of a select few. My buddy thinks I'm crazy when I say I can't smoke it, and my other friend who one night just loaded a bowl of peach/vanilla based off of what he saw us do (he had never loaded a bowl before) had one of the best sessions he can remember.

I have heard a couple times that the Dye used may have something to do with it. I have to admit, I have never really smoked a lot of AF before. When i did, however, I got the throat tickle from Cinnamon at all times, even with the older cut - I attributed it to being a spicy flavor.

It has to be something other than a new cut, it just seems that a minority of us are overly sensitive to something else they use in the recipe. Maybe a lower quality product was used to cut costs?
I my friend am probably one of those minorities as it royally pisses me off when a bowl of AF does that to me. I'll have you know though that I've been getting awesome sessions lately from AF Grape, Coconut, and Mint. Only one that gave me throat tingle recently was a coffee flavor.
Old December 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Ossus
Hookah Newbie

My local place has mostly Al Fakher from April 09-June 09. Anyone have any experience with these dates? Are they safe?
Old December 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

I AGREE! as a 4 year smoker of AF it went from good to shit and today i bought some november 09 batches of orange and berry hoping they would be good and i was right ^_^ they were superb im glad there they got their stuff together
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook