Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

fake nammor

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 20th, 2009, 06:47 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: fake nammor

SouthSmoke frequents here, I removed the messages they seem to be willing to work things out. I just wish they change the site too to remove future missunderstandings.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
BTBAMordecai
Hookah Pro

Well jsut checked and my "nammor" hose indeed has metal coils in it.. Im getting a refund right now.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:50 PM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

also mention to them how shady it is that you can't write a review.
Old December 20th, 2009, 06:52 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakejacobson View Post
Wow that's terrible. Go for the vendor review on this site so all the members on here know.

Have you tried smoking out of it? Maybe at the very least it performs well.
it does it pulls as good as Khalil Maimoon, which is more what it is KM style not ROmman style. Its a great hose for what it is in fact, the only thing is I wanted a Washable hose because I already own KMs and Mya Semi Washable (great hoses but mine is starting to rust after 2 years, which is still much better than a regular hose would have been) so I wanted a fully Washable hose knamean?
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

The product seems to have been taken down. None of the links in the thread work anymore.

Southsmoke was a website I checked from time to time for prices. I hadn't purchased anything yet. But this has sealed the deal. I will absolutely never purchase from Southsmoke now. The real clincher is that they want to keep quiet an honest review of their business, a business which is clearly dishonest.

Pfft. What a joke. Just do honest, fair business and care about your customers, and you'll probably eventually get my money. It's really not that hard.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:06 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

They seem to have taken down the product page. It's too bad that it came down to this.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:19 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahEnigma View Post
SouthSmoke frequents here, I removed the messages they seem to be willing to work things out. I just wish they change the site too to remove future missunderstandings.
Think you should keep them up, so other people in the future know about this, even tho it makes them look bad, they brang it upon themselves
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:21 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

They want me to remove this thread (something I can't do) I already removed what they objected to (their responses via Email) My dignity is not for sale even for a refund. They should know hookah is a mostly Word of mouth buisness you do something Negative you get a Negative review. I don't think I did anything out of line. However I am glad they took corrective action and removed the links, all they had to do was rename it tho to be honest. "Htorn" hose or something and remove the fake reviews
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:22 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

the fact they basically followed me here is a little scary too.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:40 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

I'd urge the mods to keep this thread where it is (or moved to a reviews section), the beauty of this forum (and the reason I've joined) is that you can post an honest, truthful opinion without having any third party dictate what should and should not be here, especially if there's a good reason for posting it.

Besides shouldn't those hoses be named "EkomsThous", so as not to confuse the customer?

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

They did try to help from the begining at least from there perspective. They wanted me to send unused hoses for a refund, or to get a discount but my hose was not unused, if it was I may have never found out about the coil. The problem was they wouldn't admit it was deceptive advertising, Im glad they removed their page. But they want me to have this thread deleted, I really don't think I'm at fault here.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:49 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahEnigma View Post
the fact they basically followed me here is a little scary too.
They probably didn't follow you here. They probably received a google alert that a reference to 'southsmoke.com' was made somewhere. It's pretty easy to set up. Or, being that's there's only a handful of hookah forums worth joining (and this one, I think, being the most populated) they may just scan through the new posts from time to time.

Most businesses to do to keep track of good freedback and fix problems with upset customers before they get out of hand. That might've been what Southsmoke was doing. But, silencing negative feedback isn't the answer. Owning up to, and generously resolving problems is the answer.

Last edited by bpetruzzo; December 20th, 2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot to quote. Also, misspelled 'here'.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM
BTBAMordecai
Hookah Pro

Thank you for contacting the SouthSmoke.com Customer Service Center!

At this time, your request titled '"Nammor Hose"
' has been closed. You may re-open this support ticket by logging into the user help desk below:

" I told them about my hose and they WONT give me an appropriate response. This is terrible. just want a refund and they wont answer me and they even closed my question. This is crap and i wont stand for this. They are getting a call tomorrow"
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:52 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

they claim I overeacted or acted to fast, maybe I did. However when they said "Nammor" is just a style and that nowhere in the site did it say it was washable (which it did in the reviews even had instructions to washing) it enraged me because they where basically making ME to be a liar
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:53 PM
BTBAMordecai
Hookah Pro

What have they told you about sending it back/getting a refund?
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBAMordecai View Post
Thank you for contacting the SouthSmoke.com Customer Service Center!

At this time, your request titled '"Nammor Hose"
' has been closed. You may re-open this support ticket by logging into the user help desk below:

" I told them about my hose and they WONT give me an appropriate response. This is terrible. just want a refund and they wont answer me and they even closed my question. This is crap and i wont stand for this. They are getting a call tomorrow"
dont post the messages they send you that enrages them more, just let it be I did. I just wish My home depot offered food grade vynil, the one they do is reinforced and not very flexy
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

This post will remain where it is.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:55 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBAMordecai View Post
What have they told you about sending it back/getting a refund?
to send unused hoses in original condition for credit/refund
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:59 PM
hookahsnob
Hookah Newbie

Wow....you guys are easily influenced. I've been smoking hookah for 6 years and have worked with a lot of online vendors, including hookah-shisha.com, thehookah.com, socialsmoke.com, hookahcompany, southsmoke.com, and saharasmoke.com.

All the companies are much the same and I've ordered from south smoke several times in the past and have never had a problem. Their personal experience has been different to mine. I'm still gonna order from south smoke and the others. I've found that a lot of these comments made on the forums do not match my experience with all of the companies.

Guys, quit causing trouble, its the holiday season. Go and smoke the peace pipe.

Have fun.
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:07 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

So you don't think they where at fault here for misrepresenting a counterfeit hose, also it is a bit odd that you chose this to be your first post, Damage control?

Last edited by HookahEnigma; December 20th, 2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:11 PM
dropkickdragout
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to dropkickdragout

That's your opinion snob, however false advertising and refusal to refund purchases made because of false advertising dont sit well with me...Also don't tell us to quit causing trouble, all we do is mouth our personal experiences and thats not causing trouble. Also I personally find it weird that you just now joined and have 1 post and just so happened to pick this thread. for all we know you are just an employee of southsmoke trying to regain lost ground. OK I'm done being mean now, and I'm done with this topic.
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:13 PM
hookahsnob
Hookah Newbie

What....a hose is a hose to me.

I understand you may have had a problem....just contact the company directly and they'll probably fix it. Whenver I've had a problem in the past, I've contacted the companies and have fixed the issue. I never go online and set myself up for a libel suit. I ordered from south smoke once at midnight on a thursday with a 2-day air and they called me and let me know that I wouldn't receive the order until monday and did I need it for the weekend. I did so I paid for saturday delivery. I think thats good service.

I also ordered from thehookah.com before and they tape the items to the side of the box so you can find them.

All in all, these are good examples of good customer service.

Good luck.
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM
hookahsnob
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropkickdragout View Post
That's your opinion snob, however false advertising and refusal to refund purchases made because of false advertising dont sit well with me...Also don't tell us to quit causing trouble, all we do is mouth our personal experiences and thats not causing trouble. Also I personally find it weird that you just now joined and have 1 post and just so happened to pick this thread. for all we know you are just an employee of southsmoke trying to regain lost ground. OK I'm done being mean now, and I'm done with this topic.
The only reason i posted about this topic is because it was on the top of the current topics list.

Im done with this topic also. I've got a life to live. Bye!
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:20 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Personal experiences vary, even single orders do. I think the vendor review section helps alot as well, if I read one bad review out of say ten positive ones, I probably would not have a problem ordering from that vendor, if the vendor's history is consistently problematic, I'd think twice.

If we selectively sweep every negative feedback under the rug and leave the praises, what would be the point?

And I'm not saying I'd base my decision on someone elses one bad experience, but I will be wary if I ever decide to order.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:23 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

it's false advertisement, plain and simple. people expect a washable hose when they buy a nammor, not something that just looks like one. and hookahsnob, im just curious why your IP points to Charlotte NC, which happens to be the home of southsmoke...

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook