Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

fake nammor

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:15 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Default Re: fake nammor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
http://www.southsmoke.com/pd-nammor-hose.cfm from the site

Nammor Hose Specs
Brand: North Smoke Length: Approximately 72 inches Wide Body: Yes Washable: Yes Colors: Blue, Green, Red

[FONT=Arial]This Wide Body Hose is designed for everday use, as the inside lining of the hose is made of a durable hard plastic material that will not deteriorate in quality. To avoid rusting, the Mouth Tips are made of plastic and are coated in order to repel water. In addition, the extra wide thickness of the hose allows for the smoke to pass through easily and effortlessly, making your hookah smoking experience even more enjoyable.

Think They have an epic failure here Check the Brand it is North Smoke
[/FONT]
Even though they removed it from there website this will haunt them. In the previous thread more than one member was duped as far as I could see two were involved and now here is a third wonder how many more unssupecting members were caught by them.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:36 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahsnob View Post
Wow....you guys are easily influenced. I've been smoking hookah for 6 years and have worked with a lot of online vendors, including hookah-shisha.com, thehookah.com, socialsmoke.com, hookahcompany, southsmoke.com, and saharasmoke.com.

All the companies are much the same and I've ordered from south smoke several times in the past and have never had a problem. Their personal experience has been different to mine. I'm still gonna order from south smoke and the others. I've found that a lot of these comments made on the forums do not match my experience with all of the companies.

Guys, quit causing trouble, its the holiday season. Go and smoke the peace pipe.

Have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfGram View Post
Personal experiences vary, even single orders do. I think the vendor review section helps alot as well, if I read one bad review out of say ten positive ones, I probably would not have a problem ordering from that vendor, if the vendor's history is consistently problematic, I'd think twice.

If we selectively sweep every negative feedback under the rug and leave the praises, what would be the point?

And I'm not saying I'd base my decision on someone elses one bad experience, but I will be wary if I ever decide to order.
I have to agree that personal experiences vary. And when it comes to things like botched orders, late shipments and defective items, we have to take people's personal experiences with a grain of salt. Those things happen. But blatant dishonesty is an issue we can't ignore. Businesses who adopt dishonesty as part of their practice are unlikely to only do it once. If they've been dishonest about this, it casts doubt on everything they claim.

Is a Tangiers Phunnel really a Tangiers Phunnel, are they cutting corners selling old shisha, was the cracked base you got really damaged in shipping? Once a company reveals they're willing to lie to earn a buck, it's difficult to trust them in anything.

If it were almost any other issue I'd say this thing was blown out of proportion. But I'd say dishonesty is a pretty big deal.

On another note, lets say somehow they were duped by a distributor and really did believe that Nammor was a style not a brand. The solution is simple: own up to the mistake humbly and thoroughly rectify the problem for the affected customers--without being asked. There, reputation saved.
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:22 PM
Ignited
Hookah Nut

Lesson learned, business ethics should be a top priority. Their business will take a big hit from something like this considering the online hookah community is linked by very few forums.
This is a good thing for us consumers, it puts pressure on our vendors to remain ethical. I'm glad to see this forums is keeping this thread up.
Old December 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

I can tell you who members on this board will NOT be ordering from anytime in the future!
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

Wow.. that's just shady!
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quite the thread... quite the thread...

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
I have to agree that personal experiences vary. And when it comes to things like botched orders, late shipments and defective items, we have to take people's personal experiences with a grain of salt. Those things happen. But blatant dishonesty is an issue we can't ignore. Businesses who adopt dishonesty as part of their practice are unlikely to only do it once. If they've been dishonest about this, it casts doubt on everything they claim.

Is a Tangiers Phunnel really a Tangiers Phunnel, are they cutting corners selling old shisha, was the cracked base you got really damaged in shipping? Once a company reveals they're willing to lie to earn a buck, it's difficult to trust them in anything.

If it were almost any other issue I'd say this thing was blown out of proportion. But I'd say dishonesty is a pretty big deal.

On another note, lets say somehow they were duped by a distributor and really did believe that Nammor was a style not a brand. The solution is simple: own up to the mistake humbly and thoroughly rectify the problem for the affected customers--without being asked. There, reputation saved.

If I really thought that this was the case with this vendor, it wouldn't be a big deal. However, SouthSmoke does know Sami Romman, his products as well as all the other players in the online hookah world. The only people being duped here were the end buyers. My thoughts are that SS did this to make a quick buck since sales were probably slow compared to other vendors (then again, when's the last time they made a post about anything around here?). I personally will not buy from SouthSmoke again.
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
dsr711
Hookah Nut

Even though the page was deleted I took a screen cap for anyone who didn't see the hose in question.

Old December 21st, 2009, 08:04 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

it just sux that they made me delete their responses here for a refund and then backed out of the refund saying I had to delete the whole thread
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:33 PM
blacklit
Hookah Newbie

your hose...
can you (and others) please post a picture of the hose(s) they sent you?

on vendor mistakes...
i hate when vendors act like they're doing you a favor correcting a mistake they made. but don't lose sight of their willingness (if they are) to make it right. especially if they're prepared to go above and beyond for anyone affected. all vendors make mistakes. we see this in vendor reviews. and if they haven't yet, they're bound to.

on fakes...
copies in this industry are all over the place: phunnels, LOTS of Mya, tobacco, coco-nara's, etc. soon, we'll see knock off's of CrownHookah Bowls for less. how much more can be innovated in hookahs?

2 cents...
once in a while, it's justice when a vendor pays for a very bad mistake. but consider measuring a vendor not by the mistakes, but by their willingness to correct them. some of my first observations about this [small] community are the efforts and great lengths people take be COOL to one another.. buyer and seller alike. remember when hookah-john was the brunt of some smack talking before? he's worked himself to be one of today's respected vendors. vendor competition keeps prices low, which is good for all of us, no?

Last edited by blacklit; December 21st, 2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old December 21st, 2009, 09:41 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklit View Post

2 cents...
once in a while, it's justice when a vendor pays for a very bad mistake. but consider measuring a vendor not by the mistakes, but by their willingness to correct them. some of my first observations about this [small] community are the efforts and great lengths people take be COOL to one another.. buyer and seller alike. remember when hookah-john was the brunt of some smack talking before? he's worked himself to be one of today's respected vendors. vendor competition keeps prices low, which is good for all of us.
what? can you send me a pm about what you were talking about. not to thread jack but you are new with 14 posts and i've been here for almost 2 years now. i'm not getting defensive but would like an explanation, that's all, i just don't recall,
john
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I edited your posts to original status. If they won't do the right thing, then people need to know.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:27 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I edited your posts to original status. If they won't do the right thing, then people need to know.
Good man. The vendor could have easily handled this situation. If it was a mistake on their part they could have owned up to it. It appears not to have been a mistake but straight up dishonesty.
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:41 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
what? can you send me a pm about what you were talking about. not to thread jack but you are new with 14 posts and i've been here for almost 2 years now. i'm not getting defensive but would like an explanation, that's all, i just don't recall,
john
+100000000

Well I troll the forums quite a bit reading old posts and discussion groups and cannot find the post that blacklit is alluring to as far as I can make out CH is one of the most respected and best Vendors here and has a reputation of being honest and helpful he has nowhere ducked any of his obligations to members and has always gone the extra mile for them.

Other members duped were:bracque and BTBAMordecai

Bracque got refunded for his hose and he has pics of the hose metal coils

Last edited by glostersa; December 21st, 2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Wow, what a read. ^_-
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:55 AM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

hey dunkel looks like you wield power, they gave me a refund via store credit. Since they resolved the problem and they no longer sell the offending item (thus admiting fault) this thread is no longer relevant can we delete? thanks for your help guys. at least we dont have to worry about this again and remember buy only from the maker of Nammor, my error is a lesson

Last edited by HookahEnigma; December 22nd, 2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:08 AM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
your hose...
can you (and others) please post a picture of the hose(s) they sent you?

on vendor mistakes...
i hate when vendors act like they're doing you a favor correcting a mistake they made. but don't lose sight of their willingness (if they are) to make it right. especially if they're prepared to go above and beyond for anyone affected. all vendors make mistakes. we see this in vendor reviews. and if they haven't yet, they're bound to.

on fakes...
copies in this industry are all over the place: phunnels, LOTS of Mya, tobacco, coco-nara's, etc. soon, we'll see knock off's of CrownHookah Bowls for less. how much more can be innovated in hookahs?

2 cents...
once in a while, it's justice when a vendor pays for a very bad mistake. but consider measuring a vendor not by the mistakes, but by their willingness to correct them. some of my first observations about this [small] community are the efforts and great lengths people take be COOL to one another.. buyer and seller alike. remember when hookah-john was the brunt of some smack talking before? he's worked himself to be one of today's respected vendors. vendor competition keeps prices low, which is good for all of us, no?
sure, no longer relavant since they dont sell it anymore and gave me refund but here, the only pic I took before I canabalized it to see how rusty it was (alot for being one week old!)
the second pic is after i ripped it open
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Personally, I think the thread should stay. Sure, soon enough it will be buried within the forum, but to outright get rid of it, as if this never happened, doesn't sit right. The hose may be off their site for now, but in some time, it may reappear (with revised details or not), and even if it doesn't, people need to be held accountable for their mistakes and wrong-doings.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Thanks for letting me know!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:51 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I think the thread stays. It's great that SS went back eventually to give you store credit at least. As for the way they tried in the fist place to play this off as nothing was absurd. I'm glad you got something taken care of, dude.

P.S.- Happy Belated Hannukah.

Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
nmcgrawj
Hookah Nut

It should stay to atleast show they finally did something to right their wrong and for future people to be aware of it. Rather than a "there was a thread here back around christmas of 09....btu i cant recall the details"

LOL
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:00 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:

2 cents...
remember when hookah-john was the brunt of some smack talking before? he's worked himself to be one of today's respected vendors. vendor competition keeps prices low, which is good for all of us, no?
Been here well ove a year, and not once have i heard a bad thing bout John.

And i think the thread should stay up, even if this product is off the site, if another product has similar problem its a point of reference
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Agreed, it would be injustice to take the thread down. And, covering such a brutal mistake just makes it easier to do again and get away with. This may help keep their customer base wary of their business for some time.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

The thread should stay.

John has never had bad cred in my experiences.

The hose will reappear again. They aren't just going to throw out their entire stock.

It's not the only hose that implies that it is washable when that may not be fact.

Those pictures are fairly telling. The materials I can see in those shots is far from that of a true nammor.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

We are not "removing" threads to bury shenanigans.

The whole reason behind Hookah Pro is to educate and give "real opinions" of products and vendors. Other forums may cater to hyping a particular tobacco brand, or other forums may cater to promoting a particular vendor. But we are equal opportunist here and want vendors to win our business, give us deals, lower prices, etc. We (Hookah Pro) are your client base. Don't forget that ..

And when a product sucks or a vendor does you wrong, feel free to say so .. you will not be verbally assaulted here for not liking a particular product or vendor.

Keep it real!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook