Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

fake nammor

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
NazUk
Hookah Nut

Default Re: fake nammor

Is Namoor on shishabuzz the real one?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazUk View Post
Is Namoor on shishabuzz the real one?
yh i believe they imported quanities from HS, HS are the only US vendor that carries nammours
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

My buddy bought a nammor from these guys about two weeks ago i checked it last night and sure enough there was a metal inside. Wonder if they'll take responsibility this time? Ill let you know what happens once he calls.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

So heres what happened with My so called refund. Ive been trying to use the gift certificate since yesterday and I called up, and basically this barley intelligible australian lady is trying to coax me to remove this. Accusing me of Libel and violating the privacy policy for posting their Emails. They wont give me a refund and she called me a child and accused me of recording the conversation,which I didn't although legally I have the right to since its NYS is a one party concent state and they already record conversations. She also said I was being libelous for calling the hoses fake because they are imported from the middle east, as if this that makes a difference, I guess then Its okay to sell something as SouthSMoke if it comes from NC by this reasoning? No it isn't.

Here is their privacy Policy which I am allegedly in violation of.
Quote:
Privacy Policy

At SouthSmoke.com, we believe that maintaining our customers privacy is of utmost importance, and we have established this Privacy Policy as a result. Rest assured, shopping through our secure server is one of the safest ways to shop, and should you ever have any issues at all, we promise to resolve everything to your satisfaction. Below we describe why we acquire customer, and third party information, what information we collect, how we collect it, and what we use the information for.
Why do we gather information?
We gather personal information to allow us to process your orders, and to inform you of special offers and discounts. Overall, we would like to provide you with an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience for years to come.
What information do we collect?
Through our website and emails, including when you place an order, we may collect the following information: your name, telephone number, email address, billing information (credit card number, expiration date, and billing address), products purchased, and recipient's name, telephone number, address, and email address. Information is collected even if you decide to cancel an order. Also, if you register to be a member on our website, we request your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, and other information.
How do we use cookies?
A "cookie" is a small file stored on your computer by a website which gives you a numeric user ID and stores certain information about your activity on the site. We use cookies in order to find out whether you are a prior customer, and recommend certain gifts that pertain to your taste. We do not store any personal or financial information about you when using cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but most allow you to instruct your browser to prevent the use of cookies. If you decide to disable cookies, certain features on our website will not function properly.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We use the information collected on our website to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience, and to inform you of offers and discounts offered at SouthSmoke.com. We will never give your information to third parties without your concent.
As you can see this not an end user policy, it is a policy stating that THEY will not disclose info to a third party. Further more, The only information posted was personally non identifiable information and public record, eg their Customer service number.

their Email disclaimer
Quote:
This email is intended solely for the person(s) or organization(s) named above and may contain information which is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. Internet communications are not secure and therefore SouthSmoke.com does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of SouthSmoke.com. If verification is required please request a hard copy version from the appropriate person. Replies to this email may be monitored by SouthSmoke.com for operational reasons. Although SouthSmoke.com operates anti-virus scanning, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever caused by viruses.
again not an enduser agreement but a disclaimer. it does not constitute a non disclosure agreement and I reserve the Right to complain about service.

My Question is, Is Nammor infact a trademark of Romman Brothers? Because if these people take me to court I will go. I do not think any libel went on hear from My part.
You guys have the IP records from their "Damage control" attempt right?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:23 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

IF they trie to take you to court fight it.
u did nothing wrong but buy something you thought was original. they also said you could wash the hose which infact made it rust. their instructions not yours.

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:34 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

The Posts should be restored I think. Im contacting my freind to see if I'm in the right or wether I just shot myself in the foot.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

I also want to state,before I get accused of anything, that they never Explicitly threatened to take me to court or anything but as Libel is a legal definition, it is certainly implicit.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

I seriously doubt they have any legal ground to stand on. I wouldn't worry. Most of the time anyone says things like that, they're banking on you getting scared. A law suit wouldn't save their business at this point any way. In fact, it would only make things much, much worse.

Between lawyer and court fees and the painfully damaging effect of a lawsuit with a customer, they're tens of thousands of dollars in the red. Not to mention the incalculable cost of devastating loss of reputation.

A wise assessment of the situation would say that over 30 bucks, they should just give the customer what they want. Unless they get on here to explain their side of the story and somehow we've all got it totally wrong, no court decision is going to change our opinions, which is what they're clearly worried about. But there's something incriminating about their distaste for full disclosure. Guilty parties don't hide. But at this point, the fight isn't about a $30 hose anymore, it's about something more altogether. The best they could hope for is to just give the refund and hope this incident fades quietly into the past and people forget about it. Which they eventually will.

I have to wonder what kind of head injury the SS management had to suffer not to see the solution to this problem clearly.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

On another note, this has been quite the entertaining thread. However, I am sorry for your frustration, Enigma.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:22 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
I seriously doubt they have any legal ground to stand on. I wouldn't worry. Most of the time anyone says things like that, they're banking on you getting scared. A law suit wouldn't save their business at this point any way. In fact, it would only make things much, much worse.

Between lawyer and court fees and the painfully damaging effect of a lawsuit with a customer, they're tens of thousands of dollars in the red. Not to mention the incalculable cost of devastating loss of reputation.

A wise assessment of the situation would say that over 30 bucks, they should just give the customer what they want. Unless they get on here to explain their side of the story and somehow we've all got it totally wrong, no court decision is going to change our opinions, which is what they're clearly worried about. But there's something incriminating about their distaste for full disclosure. Guilty parties don't hide. But at this point, the fight isn't about a $30 hose anymore, it's about something more altogether. The best they could hope for is to just give the refund and hope this incident fades quietly into the past and people forget about it. Which they eventually will.

I have to wonder what kind of head injury the SS management had to suffer not to see the solution to this problem clearly.
I also didn't appreciate the rhetoric of this lady calling me a baby,etc and being paranoid about backround noise claiming im on speaker or recording the call (which btw I could do if I wanted to,in this state)

its alot of pain for 30 bux but its the principle of the matter. The fact that from minute one they where disingenuous. I have since gotten in contact with Romman who own the Trademark just so they know the situation that went on.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzy786 View Post
IF they trie to take you to court fight it.
u did nothing wrong but buy something you thought was original. they also said you could wash the hose which infact made it rust. their instructions not yours.
technically it was the Reviews on their site that said you could and advised you to. but they obviously wanted that there.

it should be noted that on their website long ago when the first person had his problem with them they DID claim it was solid plastic inside. I of course found all this out too late.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

I'm interested in reading about the last time this happened. Does someone have a link handy?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16454

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

As Sambooka stated, this thread and all posts within it should stand. We pride ourselves here at HP as being a neutral venue for discussion and opinion exchange. Discussing your experience in a frank and honest manner is neither libel nor slander. The fact that this vendor is trying to silence you thoughts regarding this transaction should give pause to us all. However, having said that, many here at HP have had positive experiences w/this vendor and should base our judgements on said experiences and not necessarily on one negative opinion.
It should also be noted that if this vendor is in fact monitoring these comments, they are welcome to post here in their defense, or contact us(HP staff) w/any issues which may concern them.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

If Nammor is a registerd trademark, I think if anyone should be going to court, it should be Romman VS Southsmoke. In my opinion, if Nammor is not a registered trademark, then Southsmoke has every right to put the name on a hose of their choice,However,If they are going to sell them, they should say it is none washable.
If I was Southsmoke, I would edit my web pages and choose my words wisely,to prevent this sort of thread from happening again. Like someone said earlier, word of mouth is the way this business is done. Internet is business potential,the whole world right in the palm of your hands, and when the whole world knows, as small as it is, about bad business, guess what happens. If there are members on here that are members of other forums, well, let's just say words are cheap. Have you ever heard of the snowball effect. If you were running down a hill, ahead of a snowball, by the time you get to the bottom, the snowball is going to be really huge, and it's going to hurt when it catches up to you.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

Acourding to Rommans site it is a Trademark. So Southsmoke did not have the right. as for editing the page they have stopped selling that hose.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahEnigma View Post
Acourding to Rommans site it is a Trademark. So Southsmoke did not have the right. as for editing the page they have stopped selling that hose.
For now.

The last thread ended with the guy getting his money back. (Lol, like it's a TV drama or something) I wonder if they're resistant to give you your money back because if they do all of a sudden everyone on this site with one of those hoses is going to want their money back.... hmmm...
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

In the modern definition libel and slander are usually defined as publishing or spreading a negative image or information about an organization or person that is unwarranted or untrue.

There are no laws against telling the truth. Freedom of speech is something we take very seriously.
Old January 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Are these the same hoses that southsmoke previously labeled as Nammors?

http://www.southsmoke.com/pd-nomad-hose.cfm
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
Are these the same hoses that southsmoke previously labeled as Nammors?

http://www.southsmoke.com/pd-nomad-hose.cfm
yep, that's them.

Old January 16th, 2010, 12:25 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Yikes here we go again those Hoses are not washable they Rust
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:38 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Man, that's so sheisty. That product description is so misleading! I will definitely never be purchasing anything from SouthSmoke now!
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:39 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
yep, that's them.
And the "customer ratings" are the exact same as the ones they had up before that still say they are fully washable.
Old January 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

I put in a request to add SouthSmoke.com to resellerratings.com. Once it's approved, I'd suggest people who bought these hoses write a review and detail their experience. I know that mistakes happen, and that's reasonable. But what SouthSmoke did here is mindblowingly bad business. Taking the product down was a good move, but now it's gone back up under a different name but with just as misleading information on the product page. Other people are going to purchase this product believing it to be washable and there's not going to be anything they can do about it because the product page only implies it's washable. That's messed up and reason enough to urge people to do their shopping elsewhere.

There needs to be bad press for that. Accountability makes good business.
Old January 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Resellerratings.com has added SouthSmoke to their listing.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/SouthSmoke

If you bought this hose from SouthSmoke, share the experience. In face, if you've bought from SouthSmoke in general share the experience.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook