Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

A couple of questions

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
smokerings
Hookah Newbie

Default A couple of questions

Hey, I'm new to this forum, and new to hookah smoking somewhat, but I love it and it is something I want to continue. I have my own hookah, a 10 inch Pumpkin hookah, and I think I am doing something wrong, because I haven't encountered this problem when I've gone to hookah bars. Today, I packed a bowl of Soex Melon flavor. I had trouble finding tobacco shisha, but I'm getting some Al-Fakher soon. Anyway, today when I was smoking away, the smoke started to turn harsh. I took off the coal a couple times, and eventually this went away. Also my holes were really tiny in the last bit of the session, so that could be the cause. But I got a headache, a pretty bad one at that. What was I doing wrong? I hadn't dranken anything or eaten anything before hand, and I heard that that could be the cause. But perhaps is there something wrong with the way I'm setting it up, because I don't think my foil was touching the shisha. Also, has anyone ever experienced harshness and headaches using Soex Melon before, because I thought that might be the cause.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride
Default Re: A couple of questions

Never tried Herbal Shisha yet. Im sure someone here could help you tho.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

What type of coals are you using on your hookah? The headache could be caused by too much carbon dioxide. If you are using quicklites switch to Naturals when you can. The harshness most of the time atleast with regular tobacco, is when you are burning the tobacco. Which is caused by too much heat. The herbal stuff may be a lot more heat sensative.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

Hey, well there are many different things that could make your shisha harsh mainly it either has to do with the bowl or the heat management. So first if your using regular foil use 2 layers or if your using HD use one layer. Make sure the foil is really tight also, and you want the shisha to be lightly packed and just at the rim of the bowl but not over. Your hole pattern should be a bunch of holes covering the aluminum evenly in a circular pattern. And as far as heat management try starting with 2 coals opposite of eachother always on the very edge of the bowl. If that starts to get harsh u can rotate the coals or just remove 1 and use a wind cover or just the coal. Only move the coal more towards the middle if it isnt hot enough, and make sure to mix up your shisha so is nice and juicy. Hope this helps! Happy smoking!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
smokerings
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
What type of coals are you using on your hookah? The headache could be caused by too much carbon dioxide. If you are using quicklites switch to Naturals when you can. The harshness most of the time atleast with regular tobacco, is when you are burning the tobacco. Which is caused by too much heat. The herbal stuff may be a lot more heat sensative.
I guess I should switch to naturals. How long do they take to heat up?
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Depends on how you try to light them. I use a single coil electric burner and they are good to go in about 3 in or so.

The quicklites are ok. You can use them. Just make sure to let the coals get competely ashed over meaning completely gray. Then put them on your hookah bowl. I just recommend naturals cause they are far better for you as coals go. Plus they dont have any taste to them.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

1) Use natural coals, not quicklites. Make sure they are fully ashed over before putting them on the bowl.
2) Smoke the Al Fakher when you get it and you will never smoke Soex again. It's horrible, I know.
3) eat and drink heartily before smoking.

There ya go.

Old December 23rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

tried soex and i didnt like it made me feel sick after one pull.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook