Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

40" Caramana KM

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 26th, 2009, 10:12 PM
doudeman
Hookah Newbie

Question 40" Caramana KM

Edit: I just sent hookah-shisha an email and I am waiting for a reply.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I just bought a 40" Caramana KM from hookah-shisha and I noticed something when I googled 40" Caramana. It seems that the hookah on hookah-shisha is on another website under Temsaah.

Here are the two pages to compare.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-6018-...on-hookah.html

http://www.hookahcompany.com/xl_blac..._4329_prd1.htm

Have I been duped into buying a non KM? They look the same to me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: After looking at the pictures it seems that there might be a slight difference between the two but that could just be because they are hand made.

Last edited by doudeman; December 27th, 2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:45 PM
albadin
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: 40" Caramana KM

this is actually an easy question to answer if you have your KM in hand... if your KM already came in the mail, look at the tray holder, there will always be a flower type symbol that looks like a lotus. as far as i know temsaah doesnt have this...

EDIT: i just did a google search of the KM Caramana and i get pictures and reviews of a completely different hookah than the pics you have up.. you need to e-mail hookah shisha

Last edited by albadin; December 26th, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:49 PM
doudeman
Hookah Newbie

I just ordered it yesterday and I was just looking around the net for it. When it arrives I'll make sure to check for that. I'm going to be very angry if they false advertised this hookah. Thanks.
Old December 26th, 2009, 11:00 PM
albadin
Hookah Newbie

good luck man.... i would be pissed too, the reason why i dont order hookahs from hookah-shisha is that they never re-new their stock of KMs. it seems as if they have had the same stuff in for months now. meanwhile hookah john and other vendors get new stuff in all the time
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:01 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

There really is no diffrence bettween km and temsah there both made in egypt with ver very similar build quaility

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:32 AM
doudeman
Hookah Newbie

That might be true and if it is not a KM then I payed $30 more. Even if they are the same quality I wanted a KM for its for sure quality.
Old December 27th, 2009, 01:12 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

It's a $20 difference and even if it's not a KM you're still getting a nice pipe and the one from Hookah-Shisha does come with tobacco, coals, some foil, a windcover and more.
Old December 27th, 2009, 01:44 AM
doudeman
Hookah Newbie

That's very true. I emailed hookah-shisha and I am hoping to switch to a KM of the same price that has very good reviews. I also think that maybe I want something a little smaller that 40".
Old December 27th, 2009, 08:57 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i have a feeling i know what happened here, i will put my neck on the line and say it's an honest mistake by H-S. They are very reputable people over there, same with HC. I am willing to bet they will take care of you, but do communicate with them your thoughts.
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Arn't KMs and Temsaah made by the same manufacturer? If that is the case then I can see an honest mistake on the vendor's part to confuse the correct title of the product.
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui View Post
Arn't KMs and Temsaah made by the same manufacturer? If that is the case then I can see an honest mistake on the vendor's part to confuse the correct title of the product.
They are Both made in Egypt that is all they have in common two different manufacturers. It's like saying that Fiat and Ferrari are the same Vehicle for they are both designed in Italy and from the same parent company
Old December 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Stop everything you are doing, talk to Hookah-SHisha live chat support, link them the two hookahs, ask for 30 bucks back.

They have a price match policy even after you buy the hookah. Temsah hookahs are very nice and I would not worry about quality, in fact it may even be of better quality.
Old December 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Mkultra99
Hookah Newbie

http://www.hookahcompany.com/black_c..._4326_prd1.htm

HC lists what looks to be a KM single pear as a "Caramana" as well... so the naming convention is all frigged up. I wouldnt worry about it tho'. As others have said both companies are cool.

Mkultra99
Old December 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
doudeman
Hookah Newbie

Thank you all for the help. I emailed hookah-shisha and I have not gotten a response because it is Sunday and so their live chat is also disabled. After looking at hookah John's selection I must say I am impressed and I will be ordering my next hookah from him when the time comes. Once again thanks for all of the suggestions/comments.
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
doudeman
Hookah Newbie

So I finally heard back from hookah-shisha and they said there is no way that it is misnamed on their website because they receive their hookahs directly from Khalil Mamoon. When it arrives I will take pictures and post them on here to see what you guys think.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
doudeman
Hookah Newbie

Just an update. Hookah-Shisha contacted me and confirmed that they had received this hookah with a shipment of KM's and that they are sorry for the mix up. They were very nice and helped me change my order and gave me free rewards points for helping them find this and for the trouble.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

If you really wanted a a KM settle for nothing less then a KM
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook