Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Sahara Smoke Ruined my Christmas!!!

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old December 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Default Sahara Smoke Ruined my Christmas!!!

My Girl Friend wanted to get me something for Christmas this year other then another hookah, so i told her that Sahara Smoke makes some great glass. I told her i really like the Sub zero one in blue. I like the design. So Christmas came and i was excited, i opened the box to find the base looking like crap. Looked nothing like the picture, looks like a little kid painted the design. The base was like a blue candy cane strip with no detailing. I was ticked and my GF felt bad. So i told her to send it back. Im not going to put a base that looks like it came from the discount section on my hookah when you paid full price. I made her call up Sahara smoke to talk to someone about it. And they say that they are all hand painted. "so if they are all hand painted why don't they put on the site a disclaimer that it may look like shit? " Now she has to send it back PAY FOR SHIPPING IT, then i have to trust them to pick a new one or a different one that was a second choice, and ship it to my college house. So i say i don't support Sahara Smoke CO. and will be taking all my videos of their product off of youtube. Any company who treats their customers like shit deserve to get their name called out on their actions.

Oh that felt good to get that off my chest. Sorry for no pics guys i couldn't stand looking at it so my GF took it with her.
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:07 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Sahara Smoke Ruined my Christmas!!!

If your gonna publicly trash a vendor, the least you could do is put up a pic. Not questioning your judgement, but just sayin'.
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Mitul89
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
If your gonna publicly trash a vendor, the least you could do is put up a pic. Not questioning your judgement, but just sayin'.
I agree, a picture would be nice because I am curious what your base looks like.
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

How did they treat you like shit?

Why did you make her call?

It's no uncommon for the customer to have to pay shipping when there is nothing actually wrong with the product and it is an aesthetic problem.
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
EliteJL
Hookah Newbie

Quote:

I wanna see a pic also!
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:52 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
It's no uncommon for the customer to have to pay shipping when there is nothing actually wrong with the product and it is an aesthetic problem.
Very true, but at the same time we all here know that SS has a reputation for being really nice bases, and when someone gets something that is far from that, it's very frustraiting. I wouldn't have wrote them off so easily though either. I feel that both parties could have taken better steps.

But hey I still feel that I'll be getting a base from them sometime in the future. Hopefully my situation doesn't end up ruining a good day. Sorry to here about your situation Phatpride.
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteJL View Post
I wanna see a pic also!
me 3 lol
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:16 PM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

me 4

Old December 29th, 2009, 10:55 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Pic! NOW
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM
dark2light2
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to dark2light2

This thread should be locked without a picture.

Publicly bashing a vendor that is following common procedures for returns and exchanges is ridiculous.

Your lucky they even let you return it, considering there was nothing wrong with it.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

This is what its supposed to look like
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:17 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

LOL i see what your saying... you wanted more blue on that shizz

and you wanted the blue to look more fluid like.. sort of like blue dye under water
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

yeah, its not exactly the same as the picture , but like they said, its all hand painted, they can't paint 20000 base the same

personally i don't like the base, but if i did and ordered one, i would not complain that much, still a unique base

edit: they could of added a bit more blue lol this one looked like the last one of the day that has been painted lol

But I did have the hookah in the garage and was able to smoke while walking to get the mail
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

that's what you get for buying a hand made product I suppose. can't make everything look exactly the same. but yeah, it does look a bit off.

Old December 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

I could see how this would rub you the wrong way.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:24 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

No i don't want it too look the same but some details would be nice, it looks like a white base with a blue candy cane.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

It's not great but it's not worth that kind of reaction.

I can see why you are less than happy but it's still a vase and it's not broken. They will replace it but asking you to pay for the shipping is understandable. Personally I am not a fan but I would not have called that a ruined Christmas. Trust me. It could have been much worse. I'll take the ugly base and you can have mine if you would like.

I suggest asking for a different design if you dislike that one so much. Otherwise you will most likely get the same thing again.

Last edited by kalutika; December 29th, 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:26 PM
skywirest

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpride1 View Post
My Girl Friend wanted to get me something for Christmas this year other then another hookah, so i told her that Sahara Smoke makes some great glass. I told her i really like the Sub zero one in blue. I like the design. So Christmas came and i was excited, i opened the box to find the base looking like crap. Looked nothing like the picture, looks like a little kid painted the design. The base was like a blue candy cane strip with no detailing. I was ticked and my GF felt bad. So i told her to send it back. Im not going to put a base that looks like it came from the discount section on my hookah when you paid full price. I made her call up Sahara smoke to talk to someone about it. And they say that they are all hand painted. "so if they are all hand painted why don't they put on the site a disclaimer that it may look like shit? " Now she has to send it back PAY FOR SHIPPING IT, then i have to trust them to pick a new one or a different one that was a second choice, and ship it to my college house. So i say i don't support Sahara Smoke CO. and will be taking all my videos of their product off of youtube. Any company who treats their customers like shit deserve to get their name called out on their actions.

Oh that felt good to get that off my chest. Sorry for no pics guys i couldn't stand looking at it so my GF took it with her.
When you add that particular base to your cart it says *These vase designs may vary.* Now with that being said if you were willing to take the chance that perhaps your base may not look like the one in the picture then I think you should be mature enough to deal with it if the base that you receive is different. So basically you are complaining about something that the company warned you about. This forum is no place to discuss mistakes on your part. The disclaimer is there when you add it to your cart, I cannot stress this enough. Sorry about your luck, please research your purchases more in depth in the future to prevent this from happening.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:33 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywirest View Post
When you add that particular base to your cart it says *These vase designs may vary.* Now with that being said if you were willing to take the chance that perhaps your base may not look like the one in the picture then I think you should be mature enough to deal with it if the base that you receive is different. So basically you are complaining about something that the company warned you about. This forum is no place to discuss mistakes on your part. The disclaimer is there when you add it to your cart, I cannot stress this enough. Sorry about your luck, please research your purchases more in depth in the future to prevent this from happening.
Actually, this forum is exactly the place to discuss this topic, his mistake or otherwise. But you do make a good point. Before lashing out at the vendor, one should consider the terms of purchase. It should be noted though, that he didn't purchase the item. His GF did.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:38 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywirest View Post
When you drop 35 on a vase, it needs to have detailing like i see in the picture. I wouldn't give a shit if i didn't look the same. its all about a DETAILING. If it doesn't they need to put the real picture up or its false advertising on the details they put in to their bases what they are selling me. I want a base that looked bad ass. The one they gave me didn't. As a long time smoker, this rubs me the wrong way.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:42 PM
skywirest

Quote:
Actually, this forum is exactly the place to discuss this topic, his mistake or otherwise. But you do make a good point. Before lashing out at the vendor, one should consider the terms of purchase. It should be noted though, that he didn't purchase the item. His GF did.
I do take back what I said, I guess what I should have said was this is no place to bash a vendor who didn't do anything wrong. Yes, you are right his girlfriend did purchase this product and I sorta understand him not seeing it. The disclaimer is still there. If she is the type of girl "that wanted to get me something for Christmas this year other then another hookah," it sounds like this isn't her first time around the block when it comes to ordering hookahs or accessories. To say that a company treated you like sh&$ isn't really valid unless you state what it is they really did.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:45 PM
skywirest

Quote:
When you drop 35 on a vase, it needs to have detailing like i see in the picture. I wouldn't give a shit if i didn't look the same. its all about a DETAILING. If it doesn't they need to put the real picture up or its false advertising on the details they put in to their bases what they are selling me. I want a base that looked bad ass. The one they gave me didn't. As a long time smoker, this rubs me the wrong way.
I understand you are aggravated, it would have been helpful to see the disclaimer on the main page for the product, but it still says the designs will look different. Thats just a risk that was taken. To be perfectly honest, I like you thought that that particular base was bad ass, but I didn't order it just because of that disclaimer. When you return it, I would get another design, I would hate to disappointed twice. Best of luck to you. If you do get the one you wanted please post pics, I would like to see it.

Last edited by skywirest; December 29th, 2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:48 PM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

I really liked the base that they sent you... but that's me
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:02 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Btw, I'm pretty sure I saw that vase growing from the base of a neon tree in Avatar.
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:03 AM
dsr711
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Do you honestly think a company is going to take a picture of every single item in their inventory? The picture is a real base. It's not a drawing or 3D rendering of the base. Personally I think you're blowing this out of proportion, but....meh....
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook