Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Sahara Smoke Ruined my Christmas!!!

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old December 30th, 2009, 12:05 AM
skywirest

Default Re: Sahara Smoke Ruined my Christmas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Btw, I'm pretty sure I saw that vase growing from the base of a neon tree in Avatar.
hahahahahahahahaha
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:09 AM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
that's what you get for buying a hand made product I suppose. can't make everything look exactly the same. but yeah, it does look a bit off.
The only problem it doesn't say it is hand made anywhere.
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:17 AM
HookahEnigma
Hookah Newbie

dude, it looks fine. With hand painted vases each one looks differen't, drastically different. With hand blown glass they may even be different sizes, have air bubles etc.. Does it smoke good?
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:20 AM
dsr711
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpride1 View Post
The only problem it doesn't say it is hand made anywhere.
It does say that designs may vary though

Old December 30th, 2009, 01:02 AM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

dont buy a KM buddie your not going to like the gold leaf on there Bases its all over the place. I brake bases like there going out of style for some reason! and had allot of them i do see your point a little bit. But i deffinatly wouldnt say it ruined your christmass a hand painted base thats diffrent from a pic not bad at all. A loved one dieing or totaling your car and ending up in the hospital ruins a christmass not this. I think it would be cool as hell, if my wife of 5 year got me any thing hookah related at all. Witch ive tried for 3 and still hasn't happened. May just want to let this one go and keep it i think it still looks nice. hell put it up for sale in the FS/FT i may buy it if it ends up there for a spare god knows ill need it eventually.
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:12 AM
chsknight
Hookah Nut

dude i feel you phatpride, you are paying for a product and you should expect that since you are paying for it to get the quality and service a respectable company should give...dont listen to all of these haters that come here and thinking you blew it out of proportion...its your money and you should get what you wished for
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

The base they sent was sub par looking for sure. The reaction to it, a bit overexaggerated. I agree it looks cheesy compared to the picture on their website. As long as they send you a better looking one all is good, shipping charges aside.
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:38 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

had i gotten the vase that you did my friend i would have done the exact same thing.

i personally don't deal with sahara anymore. in my opinion their tobacco isn't worth smoking (7 spice and a few exceptions may exist ) and their hookahs are a total waste of money. they really don't have anything to offer that i want that i can't get somewhere else. their glass is great...when you get a good one. i have a few sahara vases lying around myself, i was lucky enough to get good ones.

i don't think this problem happens very often but you were unfortunate enough to have received one. and for that i am sorry man.

the above comment is only my personal feelings and decision made based on my experience with sahara products. they're great people with just sub par products. imo. i encourage you to all form your own.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:54 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowtoy View Post
dont buy a KM buddie your not going to like the gold leaf on there Bases its all over the place. I brake bases like there going out of style for some reason! and had allot of them i do see your point a little bit. But i deffinatly wouldnt say it ruined your christmass a hand painted base thats diffrent from a pic not bad at all. A loved one dieing or totaling your car and ending up in the hospital ruins a christmass not this. I think it would be cool as hell, if my wife of 5 year got me any thing hookah related at all. Witch ive tried for 3 and still hasn't happened. May just want to let this one go and keep it i think it still looks nice. hell put it up for sale in the FS/FT i may buy it if it ends up there for a spare god knows ill need it eventually.
Own a KM but i didn't buy it for the base, yeah it looks nice but its not a detailed base. Simple and easy, and im not paying 35 for it paying about 15. You get what you pay for and what i got wasn't what i payed for.
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:00 PM
theonlyseiryn
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsknight View Post
dude i feel you phatpride, you are paying for a product and you should expect that since you are paying for it to get the quality and service a respectable company should give...dont listen to all of these haters that come here and thinking you blew it out of proportion...its your money and you should get what you wished for
i agree
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
ROG
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgallego View Post
I really liked the base that they sent you... but that's me
same here it has more of a blue flame look to it i would have rather had it instead of the one in the pic

to bad you sent it back i might consider buying from you for SS hookah
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:25 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I see where your coming from and that base is UGLY imo, but i didnt like the original picture myself.

PAying for return shipping occurs with any company that sells anything, no one pays return shipping anymore.

But personally i like SSC i think they do have some nice stuff and CS is great IMO
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

You gotta chill man, maybe its not what you had in mind but its not worth biting someone head off for.

Last edited by BuzzHookah; December 30th, 2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I have to agree with some on somethings .. and others on other things

They express on the site that *These vase designs may vary.*

SSC provides some incredible Customer Service. You can't expect them to exchange a vase for a different one on their dime. They offered to try to find you one more like the picture if you ship that one back to them. I think that is fair and some respectable customer service.

I have a KM base that leans .. you know my KM Amer nicknamed "Eileen" .. but I still enjoy it just the same. Although I have been considering one of the SSC bases as a replacement.

I wouldn't give up hope on them .. I have seen FAR WORSE customer service from other businesses!

I hope the new base is to your liking .. Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 30th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hookah_Native
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgallego View Post
I really liked the base that they sent you... but that's me
I would agree!
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

I like it. I like the way that blue looks in the one you got. I agree though. They look nothing even close to each other.

Last edited by Hayter; December 30th, 2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old December 30th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Alright, I think the vase that you got is ugly as sin, but I do understand the shipping thing. I think you and I have the same temperament when it comes to issues. I get pissed if something is wrong and I have to vent on it. SSC sponsored our Video review contest not too long ago and I hope that they won't get discouraged to do it again. Now, that being said, I'm not a big fan of their products either.

Old December 30th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Mitul89
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shushyne4np2ne View Post
Alright, I think the vase that you got is ugly as sin, but I do understand the shipping thing. I think you and I have the same temperament when it comes to issues. I get pissed if something is wrong and I have to vent on it. SSC sponsored our Video review contest not too long ago and I hope that they won't get discouraged to do it again. Now, that being said, I'm not a big fan of their products either.
Like others said, now its pretty standard with company in which either you pay for the shipping or they dont refund you back the shipping charges. It is not upto SSC or any other company to just ignore shipping because its not in their hands. Now that I look at the picture, yea the OP is right, however, if SSC is willing to cooperate, you should as well. There is no need to get pissed off about it. These are hand-made products and you should expect such things to occur. Thats the way I see it. Honestly, I dont think it looks that bad at all, in fact I'd keep it and save the hassle of shipping and paying for it.
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:07 PM
thehookster
Hookah Nut

@phatpride i understand your anger the same thing happen to me with the same exact base. That being said i dont think its right to advertise a base and sell something completely different, If they want to keep selling these ulgy bases that dont look nothing like the picture, fine CHANGE the picture!!!!

they do say design may vary but this is alittle beyond vary. And in person the bases look alot worst, the pic shows no justice. Trust me I Know.
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:13 AM
Ossus
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Looked nothing like the picture, looks like a little kid painted the design.
When I pictured the base in my mind (before the pics), it was something like this:

Old December 31st, 2009, 01:08 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossus View Post
When I pictured the base in my mind (before the pics), it was something like this:

LOL.. thats kind of the image i had in my head as well. The base i have right now is a butt ugly yellow design.. but i have learned to live with it.

Anywho.. sucks you have to pay shipping back, but that is the way most internet vendors do returns. Part of the issue is for the most part.. the only place to get replacement hookah bases is online for people who live in the US. Most smoke shops (at least where i live) carry only a few hookahs and random shisha brands but little to no accessories. So by getting forced to do internet shopping.. you lose the in person analysis of product.. the quality of the materials, the design and construction.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:46 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

I think paying return shipping is very reasonable. The product wasn't damaged and was fully functional and it states that designs may vary. Coming on here and bashing them IMO wasn't the best approach and the face that they're willing to send you a different one shows that they care.

Think of it like this, they could've just said hey it states on the site that designs may vary so deal with it.
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:58 AM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

it's not similar to the picture, but like people have said you can't expect perfection with a hand-made product. Sahara Smoke has always been really good to this community, but I can understand why you'd be upset. Hell, our KM vases have come with cracks and paint peeling off the base. It's just the nature of the game, it's still a beautiful product.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:59 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

It doesn't look bad but doesn't look great. I can see that for the price you would expect something nicer. I think they do have some nice looking glass and I've seen worse. The black base I got with my americana is butt ugly and really does look like a 4 year old colored it and I think it may be swapped out for one from them.
Old December 31st, 2009, 03:22 PM
daddyhugen
Hookah Nut

drama lol
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook