Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Lounge Pet

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 31st, 2009, 09:16 PM
justxvictor
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Hookah Lounge Pet

i agree. most animals would be too stressed in a busy environment, not to mention the problems that the smoke would cause. i think your best bet would be an aquarium. and to slick_johnson the exotic pet store by my house has kinkajous, small wild cats, porcuepines, hedgehogs, and they even had a kangaroo a few weeks ago. lol
Old December 31st, 2009, 11:23 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I vote for the fish pond. A costly endeavor but a really bad ass setup if you can pull it off.

An old pet store around where I live use to have a pond like this with glass on the side, an open top and what looked like natural rock surrounding it. It was home to some very large catfish and other interesting species. The whole shop was set up like a natural habitat with lots of fake trees, vines and plants as well as some real ones and a mascot iguana that wandered around on the fake branches and rocks. The habitats were set into the "rocks".

This place was amazing and I loved to go there as a kid.

If even just the pond was possible it would be impressive. Make it look like a volcanic rock that burst through the center of the lounge and now sits as a volcanic crater that has filled with water and now bears life. A little artful design to make it appear as if the floor had ruptured. Either some seating surrounding the pond in bar style to stop people from reaching into it and messing with it or eve use it as a center for a circular bar.
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:33 AM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justxvictor View Post
i agree. most animals would be too stressed in a busy environment, not to mention the problems that the smoke would cause. i think your best bet would be an aquarium. and to slick_johnson the exotic pet store by my house has kinkajous, small wild cats, porcuepines, hedgehogs, and they even had a kangaroo a few weeks ago. lol
Weird man. I've seen hedgehogs and sugar gliders at pet shops, but those other critters you mention are just plain nuts.
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:47 AM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

at the hookah lounge here in sacramento Cobblestone there's always a chiwawa that one of the owners always have at the lounge haha it's like a small rodent =P
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:21 AM
Nakura18
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nakura18 Send a message via MSN to Nakura18 Send a message via Skype™ to Nakura18

Thanks for all the replies so far, even all the crazy ones like an Elephant haha. But we were thinking of having a pond where people an sit around as well as a big iguana that just lounges all over the place. We want something cool/neat but nothing to loud and obnoxious such as birds or barking dogs. Keep the ideas coming.

I love the volcanic rock idea as well as the Tegu, didn't think about those. As for the Kinkajous, you can find sellers online or as someone said from an exotic pet store.
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:28 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

I would suggest something like a fish. I would not put any other air breathing animal into a hookah lounge enless the ventilation is very good. I smoke in my room with my 3 yr old iguana from time to time, and If I dont have any vents open he will start to sneeze. Even though he does get really happy when I smoke something very fruity.

Fish are beautiful, no need to be tamed, and are out of reach of unruly customers for the most part. They may be more expensive but in the long run a nice set up would add some amazing feel without animal rights groups banging down your door with the anti-tobacco DBAGS following them.
Old January 1st, 2010, 07:37 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Komodo Dragon then you can toss the starbuzz smokers in for food for it

Would suggest best fish no to the pond idea for people see a pond then all off a sudden all kinds of weird stuff gets tossed into the pond or dropped in accidentaly
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:08 AM
Nakura18
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nakura18 Send a message via MSN to Nakura18 Send a message via Skype™ to Nakura18

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Komodo Dragon then you can toss the starbuzz smokers in for food for it

Would suggest best fish no to the pond idea for people see a pond then all off a sudden all kinds of weird stuff gets tossed into the pond or dropped in accidentaly
Haha yeah, we threw out a Koi Fish Pond idea. We pretty much came down to a saltwater fish aquarium. Wanted a reptile/lizard as well but decided against it, fish are easy to maintain and no mess to clean up everyday.
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM
nova 69
Hookah Newbie

octopus son.
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:36 PM
SK Exotics
Hookah Newbie

The reason i suggested a tegu was because iguanas can have horrible tempers. Tegus have shown to be better if people are going to want to pet it.
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Tunisiano

get a massive jellyfish like the one in Seven Pounds... otherwise known as a box jellyfish
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Gadfly
Hookah Pro

I think a bitchin aquarium would be awesome or even a terarium with frogs turtles, and some small fish I think water and the things that inhabit them are perfect for the hookah expierience.
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:40 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunisiano View Post
get a massive jellyfish like the one in Seven Pounds... otherwise known as a box jellyfish
Box jellies are small and extremely toxic.
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:52 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

if you're going saltwater, start with a FOWLER(Fish Only With Live Rock). easier to maintain and way cheaper than keeping corals due to care, supplements, and lighting. unless you have kept a saltwater tank before and know what you're doing lol.

Old January 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

African cichlids dude, just as colorful with half the cost and upkeep of a sw setup.

How-To Etch a Hookah Base: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22782
How-To DIY E-Cigarette: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33454
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook