Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers Woes

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Tangiers Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
and your in an area that is supposed to be "good" for tangiers
-matt

Yeah see i dont believe this. I have heard people that live next or near where Tangiers is made having the same amount of problems.
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:59 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
Yeah see i dont believe this. I have heard people that live next or near where Tangiers is made having the same amount of problems.
ya it doesnt make sense to me either. i will say that when you get good tangiers it is a good product, but i dont understand how someone can stand behind a product that is so hit and miss, granted i still buy tangiers here and there but still, just makes me think.

i really think it has to be the tobacco used, cause i honestly dont get how "humidity shock" can effect a product that is soaking wet

-matt
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
If someone lives right next door to Tangiers, they have bigger problems than acclimating tobacco....
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

yeah I have always wondered the same thing. Cuase if that was true. Wouldnt you have to aclimate all of your tobacco and not just Tangiers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
If someone lives right next door to Tangiers, they have bigger problems than acclimating tobacco....
HAHAHA.. well i wanstn meaning next door, just more in the area or city.. lol sheesh so litteral. HAHAHAHAHA..
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketrel View Post
Sure Tangires may have a bad batch but it seems to be happening way more then it should.
That .. OR? Members are finally speaking their own opinion of what they like and don't like without fear of being shunned or flamed!

Quote:
QFT, all the tobacco i have had from tangiers has been terrible. SO never again shall i stray from Nakhla. Well i might try more AF if it doesn do that throat tickle thing anymore. UGH. I hate that.
I still like some of the AF (I really miss the original grape they had) .. and I like a majority of Nakhla .. so I don't stray too far except to try something new now and then, for myself and for reviews. Sometimes some straying is good though, helps keep your palate sharp! and I have found some pretty awesome flavors/brands by just trying something new on occasion.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 4th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Ketrel
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ketrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by some one else View Post
Well i might try more AF if it doesn do that throat tickle thing anymore. UGH. I hate that.
Yeah I have that with my AF grenidine and grape flavors. Is it supposed to be that way? I thought I was packing it wrong. That got damn throat tickle has kept me from smoking it.
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:03 PM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
LOL...it's a pretty scary area i must say..
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:53 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I seem to have better in the winter when its cold and dry here. Where's Sykotic, the resident tangiers fanboy??

Last edited by hookahman1988; January 5th, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:22 AM
-jordan-

So I Finally thought that Orange soda had sat long enough, and smelled very good... Smoking it was a verry different story... It tasted, like orange... Pine sol, with this undertone flavor that I couldn't put my finger on.... Then I burned it with 2 coals.. Didn't smoke great... I've got some experimenting to do..
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:55 PM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0

I live 15 minutes away from Tangiers. Granted I've only gotten 1x 250g of the noir line and yes, out of the package it smelled like soy sauce. I always wondered what that smell everyone kept talking about was and I finally smelled it. However, it did only take about 15-30 minutes of acclimation for the aroma came out (Chocolate Mint).

I blame the ignorance of not knowing how to pack it properly for not getting great clouds. But now that I know how to pack it, I'm actually going to put in an order this weekend and we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I won't have to do any prolonged acclimations.
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:59 AM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

Lucid is the answer
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:39 PM
VanMeets
Hookah Newbie

Ive had 6x250 batches of all different flavors of the regular Tangiers line... Theyve all smelled good out of the bag except cocoa, which I acclimiated overnight and the smell really came out. I actually just smoked a bowl of it and it was good, not anything special though.

Ive never tried any of the other lines of Tangiers though so that wont help you much.
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:18 PM
sam1618
Hookah Newbie

Honestly, after all these reviews, I don't really want to try tangiers. For me, consistency is a huge part of running a company. A lot of SB flavors don't come in the same or even in similar fashions from batch to batch. That's why I like AF and I assume a lot of you like Nakhla. Acclimation shouldn't take more than 30 hours. If it does, then you probably do not have tobacco worth smoking. Any longer than that, and it's just sitting and drying the tobacco. Cool thing about hookah too, is there isnt a flavor out there that you cannot mix yourself using other shisha brands and flavors. I don't get the tangiers hype, after all it's apparent hassle.
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1618 View Post
Honestly, after all these reviews, I don't really want to try tangiers. For me, consistency is a huge part of running a company. A lot of SB flavors don't come in the same or even in similar fashions from batch to batch. That's why I like AF and I assume a lot of you like Nakhla. Acclimation shouldn't take more than 30 hours. If it does, then you probably do not have tobacco worth smoking. Any longer than that, and it's just sitting and drying the tobacco. Cool thing about hookah too, is there isnt a flavor out there that you cannot mix yourself using other shisha brands and flavors. I don't get the tangiers hype, after all it's apparent hassle.
its because there are people that have great success with it and then those that have mixed success but the good times are great. when you can get tangiers to work its a great product but yes you are right many people have issues with it. i would try to see what issues/lack of issues people in your area have. if there are not many issues then go a head and try some.

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook