Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

No Foil?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Default No Foil?

So on New Years eve, we had a little get together at my friends place. We set up the hookah in the storage shack next to the fire and everyone kind of took turns changing the bowl and taking of heat management- what have you.
Anywho, at some point in the night my friend left her brother alone with hookah and he took the foil off and put the coal directly on the shisha. The main problem I had with this is the only reason he did this was because he claimed it got bigger smoke clouds and that foil was like "child proofing" the hookah. His main objective was take big and constant hits, but it was only making the shisha burn out faster.(See Post by Hajo "Sensible Smoking for what i mean http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642 ) While he had the wrong reason for not using foil.. my question is... why would you not use foil? I had heard people talk of going without foil on more traditional shisha.. if i am not mistaken... but i don't see the benefit when you are smoking starbuzz..
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:02 PM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Default Re: No Foil?

Oh man.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:13 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

There isn't one. He was just trying to act like a professional. It's an old tactic.
"Well you could smoke it like that, but if your a real hookah smoker you know that you should smoke without foil. I guess you just don't know as much as me."

There are certain forms of shisha tobacco that are smoked with the coals directly on the tobacco but this is not done for clouds. If you were to deep drag on things like tombac you would not make that mistake again soon.

Did he or anyone actually take a drag from the hookah without foil?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

:| you guys got a very large amount of tar in your lungs for doing that now.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:17 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
There isn't one. He was just trying to act like a professional. It's an old tactic.
"Well you could smoke it like that, but if your a real hookah smoker you know that you should smoke without foil. I guess you just don't know as much as me."

There are certain forms of shisha tobacco that are smoked with the coals directly on the tobacco but this is not done for clouds. If you were to deep drag on things like tombac you would not make that mistake again soon.

Did he or anyone actually take a drag from the hookah without foil?
Yeah he was taking big lung hits as well the other random guy that was with him. When i tried it.. I thought it was not anywhere near as good as normal. That's when I told those two guys to just leave it to us to take care of it, because "its our hookah and we want to do it this way".. Lol.. that was pretty much the only way to deal with it.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:39 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories View Post
Yeah he was taking big lung hits as well the other random guy that was with him. When i tried it.. I thought it was not anywhere near as good as normal. That's when I told those two guys to just leave it to us to take care of it, because "its our hookah and we want to do it this way".. Lol.. that was pretty much the only way to deal with it.
I suggest you test their fortitude and let them try out some zag or other black style moassel without foil. Tell them that's how the real smokers do it. Then arrange a circle of pillows around them because they will hit the ground pretty hard.

I can promise you that with proper heat management and the right tobacco you can get flavor that will treat you just right along with clouds that will be more than enough for the silly kids that care that much about clouds.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:44 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I suggest you test their fortitude and let them try out some zag or other black style moassel without foil. Tell them that's how the real smokers do it. Then arrange a circle of pillows around them because they will hit the ground pretty hard.

I can promise you that with proper heat management and the right tobacco you can get flavor that will treat you just right along with clouds that will be more than enough for the silly kids that care that much about clouds.
Yeah i think we will just a make a point of not smoking with them again. I wish more people understood that it isn't about big clouds.. but what can you do. At least, for there sake, they did it with starbuzz we had and not the tangiers we had because that would have been much worse.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:46 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories View Post
Yeah i think we will just a make a point of not smoking with them again. I wish more people understood that it isn't about big clouds.. but what can you do. At least, for there sake, they did it with starbuzz we had and not the tangiers we had because that would have been much worse.
Worse? more hilarious?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:39 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

darn kids these days, that kind of stuff would not fly with me for a second.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:10 AM
sam1618
Hookah Newbie

I heard that tobacco that you smoke with coal directly on top is called tombac, whereas shisha has glycerin in it so that you just need heat, and not coal to actually burn the tobacco. Is this correct? Is there a thread in the forum with more info on this?
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:21 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Someone tried that with my hookah, I let them proceed and they learned in 1 minute why you do not burn the shisha. The tobacco is meant to be heated, not burned.
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

SO SO SO dumb
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:39 PM
BigBlind
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjaco View Post
SO SO SO dumb
+1 ...
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM
-jordan-

No foil= Bad Call
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:44 PM
LemonJPooding
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippy View Post
Someone tried that with my hookah, I let them proceed and they learned in 1 minute why you do not burn the shisha. The tobacco is meant to be heated, not burned.
quoted for truth.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook