Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Has anyone see this??

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Pete
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Has anyone see this??

I don't quite see the benefit of the filter media (charcoal?) in the bowl. Isn't water filtration enough?
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Ketrel
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ketrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I don't quite see the benefit of the filter media (charcoal?) in the bowl. Isn't water filtration enough?
I think its there to keep the juice from seeping through that packaging.

It is a solid Idea traveling w/ all the shit to build a hookah can be a real pain in the ass. Here there are a lot of places to smoke and chill on the water and having to carry foil tobacco poking instruments ect can be irritating. especially if you forget something.

I don't really think this is designed for every day use I think its more of a "to go bowl"... and for that application it doesn't seem half bad.
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

i heard rumors of something like this, but it takes the fun out of hookah-ing!, AND that guy is a HUGE DOUCHE! ED HARDY? REALLY? TRUE HOOKAH KING? what a fuckin tool.
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:51 AM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Quote:
Probably just another gimmick. Just like how heba claims to have magical toxin filtration mechanisms. Or thinking that one of the plastic filters catches all the nicotine.
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:37 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
it's supposed to absorb the nicotine i believe. because that's pretty much the exact same thing in those filtered hose tips. screw them apart and tada little charcoal pieces.
Old January 5th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Lol.. How dare you guys talk about the Hookah King like that.
Old January 5th, 2010, 02:50 AM
DaGreyEst
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
well i agree about the tangiers part cause i am tired of hearing eric and the tangiers mafia telling people they just dont know how to pack it, when i follow their directions to the letter it sucks, so i want to see wtf is up with their magical hands
-matt
+1
however i dont think ill ever be tempted to buying tangiers again either way

Last edited by DaGreyEst; January 5th, 2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:23 AM
MirelZ
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketrel View Post
I think its there to keep the juice from seeping through that packaging.

It is a solid Idea traveling w/ all the shit to build a hookah can be a real pain in the ass. Here there are a lot of places to smoke and chill on the water and having to carry foil tobacco poking instruments ect can be irritating. especially if you forget something.

I don't really think this is designed for every day use I think its more of a "to go bowl"... and for that application it doesn't seem half bad.
x2 its a nice idea when you go camping or anywhere other than your home or friend... bring 10-11 of these,coals and your hookah... its a good idea stop hatin lol

But I did have the hookah in the garage and was able to smoke while walking to get the mail
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:26 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:

+1

I don't buy 50g packages of shisha. So, when people want me to bring my hookah to a party or something, carrying a bunch of 250g containers, plus foil, plus a poker, plus having to look for a place to set up and clean up afterword--well, it all becomes a big enough pain to just decline altogether.

But, if I could get 250g in individually wrapped, smoke ready packages for just a few bucks more, I probably would. Just to have on hand for away-from-home special occasions and such.

I think it's a good idea. And Starbuzz is a good company to do it too because they have a lot of mass appeal. Though it would be nice to pick up some AF or Nakhla to-go packs, for those of us with more discriminating taste.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Honestly, is it really that hard to load a bowl outside of your home?

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
It is kinda cool now that I think about it but doesnt outweigh the price that it probably sells for.

I hate taking my fork and plate and such when I gotta pack my hookah and go somewhere. These bowls reverse that process with no mess whatsoever. I guess its kinda cool.
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:39 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Isn't half the fun packing and learning how to pack a bowl?
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Ketrel
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Ketrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotero View Post
It sure as hell can be yeah. Like the above poster said I dont own the 50 gram packages so for me to be able to travel I need to carry around the 250 gram tins. as well as all the other necessary stuff. It just makes life easer when your on the go.

I'm not condoning it for everyday use simply when you have to go away from home base. I was Invited to a party like three weeks ago where I was asked to bring the hookahs. I had two going and started drinking. I cannot tell you the pain that it was to try and repack two bowls drunk at like 2 am with a party going on. Having to look for all the parts get the right amount of shisha poke the hole pattern.. all this mid party was a huge pain in the ass.

Much easer to grab a little insta bowl pack that shit on and put the bowl on lol would have made my party time much better.
Old January 5th, 2010, 02:17 PM
lilbrummy87
Hookah Nut

I think about it from a cost point of view. The less tobacco you get the more you are paying per gram.

Starbuzz already costs out the ass for most people. I started on the stuff and don't really plan on going back. But one of the to go bowls seems like its going to cost me about half the price I can get a 250 gram box of nak.
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:29 PM
killak3v
Hookah Nut

wow that is truly lazy but then again does save some work that some newcomers might take awhile to msater as in packing the bowl gettin the foil and everything right idk just trying to look at the pros in the product
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Jride
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrummy87 View Post
I think about it from a cost point of view. The less tobacco you get the more you are paying per gram.

Starbuzz already costs out the ass for most people. I started on the stuff and don't really plan on going back. But one of the to go bowls seems like its going to cost me about half the price I can get a 250 gram box of nak.
I would never buy SB online, I looked at the prices and said WOW.

I get the 250g tins for 15.99 and I get the kilo's for $55, like $60.18 or something after tax and everything. I just bought a Melon Dew kilo
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Quote:
It sure as hell can be yeah. Like the above poster said I dont own the 50 gram packages so for me to be able to travel I need to carry around the 250 gram tins. as well as all the other necessary stuff. It just makes life easer when your on the go.

I'm not condoning it for everyday use simply when you have to go away from home base. I was Invited to a party like three weeks ago where I was asked to bring the hookahs. I had two going and started drinking. I cannot tell you the pain that it was to try and repack two bowls drunk at like 2 am with a party going on. Having to look for all the parts get the right amount of shisha poke the hole pattern.. all this mid party was a huge pain in the ass.

Much easer to grab a little insta bowl pack that shit on and put the bowl on lol would have made my party time much better.
I donno man. I just throw all my stuff in a box and put it in my trunk. Never been a problem for me.

If I'm too wasted to properly pack a bowl, I'm probably too drunk to be doing much of anything else...

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

I think for a "to go" concept its not bad as I too get tired of having to remember everything to bring if I'm heading to a buddy's place last minute...otherwise, yeah, better to pack your bowl
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Cloud9
Hookah Nut

looks awesome
but did you also watch the video of inside? its got some weird lookin pellets in it. Not sure why but i think starbuzz are drugging people :P
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:46 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

I personally enjoy smoking from the comfort of my own home to relax and not on the go or at a party etc.

But I guess it could be beneficial to some, to each his own.
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:21 PM
sam1618
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetruzzo View Post
+1

I don't buy 50g packages of shisha. So, when people want me to bring my hookah to a party or something, carrying a bunch of 250g containers, plus foil, plus a poker, plus having to look for a place to set up and clean up afterword--well, it all becomes a big enough pain to just decline altogether.

But, if I could get 250g in individually wrapped, smoke ready packages for just a few bucks more, I probably would. Just to have on hand for away-from-home special occasions and such.

I think it's a good idea. And Starbuzz is a good company to do it too because they have a lot of mass appeal. Though it would be nice to pick up some AF or Nakhla to-go packs, for those of us with more discriminating taste.
I feel the exact same way. I'm kind of the hookah go to guy, just cos I love it enough to put time and effort into it, so when I go to a party I want to make good bowls and give people good experiences. These would be nice for those parties where you show up, and half the girls are already bubbly and no one really gives a shit. At that point I would rather slap one of these to go things in, instead of wasting a good bowl of AF, or something I've taken the time to think about and mix.

Something we used to do at parties, is line the inside of our bowl with tin foil, and then poke holes where your bowl holes are, so you can just lift the entire mess out, and throw it away when you're done.
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:56 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1618 View Post
Something we used to do at parties, is line the inside of our bowl with tin foil, and then poke holes where your bowl holes are, so you can just lift the entire mess out, and throw it away when you're done.

I do this regularly just to make it easy to clean. I personally hate starbuzz and if I can get a coal lit I can pack a bowl, so the idea seems kinda bunked.
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:10 AM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
his gasmask video makes me sick...
QFT
And the fact that that is at a hookah lounge is all the more scary to me. Complete and total bastardization of narghile. Also the guy is all the more a tool and probably the target audience for such an immensely stupid contraption. Ed Hardy? been there and commented on that. Summary: tool.
As for the Starbuzz one shots. They seem to be better made than any of the other lazy hookah products that have been floating about. They know their audience and clearly if you look at that ashtray in the background, they've found their audience. I cant see myself ever buying a product like this because a)its Starbuzz(not my thing) b) I like packing my own bowls c) packing and cleaning a bowl is not nearly as much of a problem especially since natural coals light up in about the time it takes for me to pack an Egyptian bowl with Nakhla.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:12 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

If somebody works for Nakhla, please give me a call. I have an idea
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
well i agree about the tangiers part cause i am tired of hearing eric and the tangiers mafia telling people they just dont know how to pack it, when i follow their directions to the letter it sucks, so i want to see wtf is up with their magical hands

-matt
This man speaks the truth!
Share with your friends on facebook